• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Punishment for words such as "ez" and "rekt"

Should punishment due to disrespect be enforced more thoroughly?

• Total voters

Ginger

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No offence, but I really don't get how people get so upset about this. All you have to do is /hub and get over it. :p Someone saying you aren't good at a game isn't really bad enough to make 1000000 threads about. There are more important things the staff need to deal with. Again, this is just my opinion on the matter.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
I got two members punished for saying 'eZ pZ' after beating me. My reasoning was that saying eZ pZ directly insults my ability, saying that it was easy to beat me.
This needs to be incorporated into the rules. It makes people feel annoyed and upset - why wouldn't it be punished? It's the same as bullying.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
I got two members punished for saying 'eZ pZ' after beating me. My reasoning was that saying eZ pZ directly insults my ability, saying that it was easy to beat me.
This needs to be incorporated into the rules. It makes people feel annoyed and upset - why wouldn't it be punished? It's the same as bullying.
this

GoldenChampion

Experienced
Reaction score
I totally agree 100%. I go on servers and see that saying"gg" "rekt" is not allowed. Saying it is disrespectful to a player because you are basically saying they suck. When I see people say this to me it insults me, makes me feel like I am not good enough to even try.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
stop. you take a screenshot and report it and they deal with it.

also, people say this commonly as a joke. go ahead and get them banned if you feel it's the right thing, there's an f2 button and a report forum for a reason.

Skellie

Experienced
Reaction score
On the internet, you tend to encounter people that enjoy making others angry for their own entertainment.
This may be fine in other communities and in other situations, however, if I do recall...

...it's against the rules to be disrespectful in this community.
Some people completely disregard the rules and decide to be overall jerks in-game just because nobody's around to stop them.
In my opinion, disrespect (even in the form of the words "ez", "rekt", "goml" etc) should be punishable by at least a temporary mute, and should be taken action against. It is extremely annoying, and might even ruin someone's day entirely.

What do you think?
ChadTheDJ

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
I would love this but it won't be changed. I recommend just take a deep breath leave the server and know morally you are better than that person :p

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
Lol, Moderators say it's not an offensive term but people take offence to it...
Lets use this logic.
Me: You're ugly
Person: Rude, I'm going to report you
Me: It's not an offensive term, you just took offence to it, that's all.

Oh and lets not forget, saying " You suck at Minecraft" to someone is abuse! I don't think anyone could take someone saying " You suck at Minecraft " seriously, but saying gg10 and or rekt and such people take offence to.

I don't know why the Staff won't enforce this... clearly everybody in this community hates the term, why can't the staff make the community better and enforce these rules so others can finally feel respected and won't have to see " eZ " after they die? Many servers already have rules against people saying these terms like " eZ " so why can't MCGamer do the same?

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
why can't the staff make the community better and enforce these rules
it does get enforced.

There is no reason for this thread to go on. People get banned for saying 'Rekt' and 'eZ' and 'GG10'

why do you think they don't?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci