• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Punishment for words such as "ez" and "rekt"

Should punishment due to disrespect be enforced more thoroughly?

• Total voters

Skellie

Experienced
Reaction score
Lucidictive and everyone else on this thread:

Even if after reporting a player you get a message like "thanks for the report, this user has been dealt with appropriately!", that does not mean they have been banned. Sometimes dealing with them appropriately means doing absolutely nothing. ;) It's common staff policy to say that to protect the privacy of the reported user.

I absolutely agree with everything in this thread. Messages such as those should be punishable as they are intended to make the targeted player feel like crap and angry as well. The intent is what matters.
You're officially my favorite staff member. Just throwing that out there.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
Lucidictive and everyone else on this thread:

Even if after reporting a player you get a message like "thanks for the report, this user has been dealt with appropriately!", that does not mean they have been banned. Sometimes dealing with them appropriately means doing absolutely nothing. ;) It's common staff policy to say that to protect the privacy of the reported user.

I absolutely agree with everything in this thread. Messages such as those should be punishable as they are intended to make the targeted player feel like crap and angry as well. The intent is what matters.

Yet the player in question did get banned on that report.

Cinci | Kame

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly, I feel that some people are taking this a little too far. Yes it is annoying when someone says rekt or gg10 and stuff, but I don't think annoyance should equal a ban. If its just one game, get over it and move on. I don't think people should get banned for being "offensive" when what they are saying is not honestly that offensive. If someone says your easy to beat, it's that person's opinion and just ignore it. I mean if we have to start banning people for saying stuff that could be taken offensive, then we have to ban "gg" because that also annoys people. Also "gf" can be taken another way than good fight. I guess my point is, if you the person isn't saying something morally wrong or is just being over confident, just do /hub and go to the next game, or do something else.

Dang, can you get any of them removed? That sucks....
I have to totally scrap out what I said, I just played a game to where every time they killed someone they would say "ez" "rekt" it got very annoying. I now believe maybe some sort of punishment should be done. I guess I never experienced it too much before hand. Sorry.

S

Sepyz

Can we please bring this thread back up? I'd like to see something be done about this...

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
They should make a filter which changes words like "rekt" or "gg10" to "good fight", "you're good", "so close".

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
I get annoyed with people when they say that but here is the thing. There is in no way mods are really going to make a difference stopping that. And you put meaning into the words. You can make it a big deal or you can brush it off and not let it get to you, after all its just some kid trying to feel good about his self by putting others down. So if a mod sees people doing it they might stop it. But i suggest not letting it bother you and forget it. In other words Linkdude1997 it

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I honestly don't care what other people say about me, both irl and in game i couldn't care lees what other people think of me.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's a bit rude to say 'gg' or 'ez' when you're killed by a team, but if you're letting it get to you that much, I have a word of advice for you: have a cup of concrete and toughen up.

We'll never stamp out usage of these terms- they're biproducts of MCSG's competitive nature. Each action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci