• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Point deduction system

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I'm suggesting we have a "point deduction system" thing. Every week, 5-10% of a players points will be deducted.

The reason I suggest this is that there can be inactive users who are still up there in points...sure, they were skilled players at one point in time, but if they don't play anymore, why should they stay up there?
Another reason would be for people who just earned a large bounty and stopped playing to keep it, like the person in the US leaderboards with 30,000. Anybody who legitimately can keep their score there can earn all lost points back quickly.

At 5% point deduction, someone with about 6000 points like myself would only lose 300 points...I can win three games and get that all back easy. I lose half that every time I lose as it is anyway, so it's not much. It'd hardly effect those who play actively and keep their points up there, still allows the bounty system to stay, but eliminates those who don't play anymore and actually makes it a challenge for those who got a large bounty to keep it through more bounties, discouraging abusing the /bounty command.

I'm interested what you guys think of this idea, and point out any possible flaws in it. I didn't take the time to find any and all flaws in it, so I could be missing something. :p

This is an idea my brother brought up, I have no idea where he got the idea from.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I think this is not a bad idea.... though i do not agree with the part about everybody loosing points every week, i think that if this were to be implemented it should only do this to the players it detects that are being inactive, it it is possible of course ;)
If thats not possible then i dont know if i would like this implemented since i really struggle to get a few points :/

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I think this is not a bad idea.... though i do not agree with the part about everybody loosing points every week.
When I first read only this part...it was extremely confusing, lol.

I think this is not a bad idea.... though i do not agree with the part about everybody loosing points every week, i think that if this were to be implemented it should only do this to the players it detects that are being inactive, it it is possible of course ;)
If thats not possible then i dont know if i would like this implemented since i really struggle to get a few points :/
I think if it only happened to inactive people, then the inactive people would just log on once every week or so to keep their points. :/

Losing 5% of 1000 points is only 50. Same thing for me at about 6000, it's just as easy for me to get it back because of how the point loss/gain works. Because of this, the only reason you struggle to get points is because you are at the highest you can be. If you lose points, you'll gain it all back in a game or two...it's hard to explain why. Trust me, active users will hardly notice.

R

RedSeamonster

This makes sense actually, especially since I think that the number one player's points have not moved recently...which leads me to suspect that he's just gonna sit on the points.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
When I first read only this part...it was extremely confusing, lol.

I think if it only happened to inactive people, then the inactive people would just log on once every week or so to keep their points. :/

Losing 5% of 1000 points is only 50. Same thing for me at about 6000, it's just as easy for me to get it back because of how the point loss/gain works. Because of this, the only reason you struggle to get points is because you are at the highest you can be. If you lose points, you'll gain it all back in a game or two...it's hard to explain why. Trust me, active users will hardly notice.
Good you read averything afterwards :p
Also thanks for giving your opinion :)
Even if I said that i wouldnt like to lose points every week, i have to say that I wouldnt say no to it being implemented as of right now since im pretty sure im not going to get more than 10 points anytime soon. :p ;)

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This actually seems like an awesome idea, I like it. I remember Creeper_Mayor getting a bounty then saying he was going to quit so he could keep his points, which is annoying. Some people actually deserve that spot in the top points, but the people that just sit on their points are up there. I totally support this Idea.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
Yes I have a friend and he is in to points so much that every time he plays he switches to his other account and plays on that

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
Yes I have a friend and he is in to points so much that every time he plays he switches to his other account and plays on that
So I want to implement this to spite him

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci