• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Parkour in the Lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Everybody here is overthinking this :p No one here is against actually going outside and doing anything :( All we're saying is it would be nice to have something to do in the lobby, we can irl parkour after we dominate the game.

Z

ZombieTracker

And it makes us feel like a true Minecraft player
That is so not what Minecraft is about, so why does it make you feel like a true minecraft player? It is a sandbox game where you can do whatever you want yes, but parkour is a small faction in a bigger picture.

That just makes no sence, thats the same if you would say if you like surviving go to the forest and survive instead of doing it on minecraft. That's just stupid.
As a matter of fact, I do just that. For one month out of the year I pack up my tent, fishing rod, knives, and rifle and head up north. The most advanced piece of technology other than my car to get me out there other than my car if a camera and a radio. I generally make camp 20 miles away from the closest town in the middle of the damn forest about half a mile from the road. Am I painting a picture for you?

I like the idea of putting it in the lobby. At least put some form on entertainment in the lobby so we aren't bored.......
If you are bored, look at the internet or watch something on TV, the lobby is just there to get enough people to start the game. Same thing with spectator. We could kick people who died off the server, but we seceded to be nice and let them watch. If you get bored with it and complain there is nothing to do, then surf the net while you are waiting for another game.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That is so not what Minecraft is about, so why does it make you feel like a true minecraft player? It is a sandbox game where you can do whatever you want yes, but parkour is a small faction in a bigger picture.

As a matter of fact, I do just that. For one month out of the year I pack up my tent, fishing rod, knives, and rifle and head up north. The most advanced piece of technology other than my car to get me out there other than my car if a camera and a radio. I generally make camp 20 miles away from the closest town in the middle of the damn forest about half a mile from the road. Am I painting a picture for you?

If you are bored, look at the internet or watch something on TV, the lobby is just there to get enough people to start the game. Same thing with spectator. We could kick people who died off the server, but we seceded to be nice and let them watch. If you get bored with it and complain there is nothing to do, then surf the net while you are waiting for another game.
Ok you do that but it's different than irl. Also I think the most people like this idea so why not adding it to the game?

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
People tend to forget this with all these fancy mods, plugins, servers.

Finn Truman

Spectator
Reaction score

Ok, let me re-phrase that: It makes me feel good. Like I have made an acomplisment as a Minecraft player that I can do some hardcore parkour. Yes, parkour is something small to a bigger picture, but aren't the Survival Games something tweaked from the original game? Since in a proper Minecraft you won't find random chests in the wilderness (you should be able to tell me that's true since you camp a lot), and you don't have to watch out for 23 other experienced players that are always out for you? Well people like Tetrix can take Minecraft and tweak it into a better version of Mirror's Edge for example. Lots of people stretch Minecraft to get the most out of it, like Vechs for example isn't legit survival, it's challenging survival.
And we would like a parkour map in the lobby because it will help us focus with parkour in the game, like bow battles up in the trees (been in one), or when running away from someone you can traverse tough terrain, like 4 block gap jumps. And it would really increase some competition between players and friends to see who could reach the end first.

Cameron1138

Tribute
Reaction score
A parkour course would be a great idea. It would make the wait time before the games more interesting, if nothing else. It would also be awesome if we could be provided with bows and arrows, and shoot at targets.

jtklaus

Tribute
Reaction score
Ok, let me re-phrase that: It makes me feel good. Like I have made an acomplisment as a Minecraft player that I can do some hardcore parkour. Yes, parkour is something small to a bigger picture, but aren't the Survival Games something tweaked from the original game? Since in a proper Minecraft you won't find random chests in the wilderness (you should be able to tell me that's true since you camp a lot), and you don't have to watch out for 23 other experienced players that are always out for you? Well people like Tetrix can take Minecraft and tweak it into a better version of Mirror's Edge for example. Lots of people stretch Minecraft to get the most out of it, like Vechs for example isn't legit survival, it's challenging survival.
And we would like a parkour map in the lobby because it will help us focus with parkour in the game, like bow battles up in the trees (been in one), or when running away from someone you can traverse tough terrain, like 4 block gap jumps. And it would really increase some competition between players and friends to see who could reach the end first.
Just saying, your kinda making this a bigger deal than it already isn't. I think we can all live without parkour in the lobby. Like Zombie said, just go on the interwebs, watch tv, read a book, or better yet, just find some parkour map on the web and practice there. :) There's really no need for one in the lobby.

Hedgehog4799

Survivor
Reaction score
Everyone is taking this way too far...it would just be something fun to do in the lobby.

Finn Truman

Spectator
Reaction score
Just saying, your kinda making this a bigger deal than it already isn't. I think we can all live without parkour in the lobby. Like Zombie said, just go on the interwebs, watch tv, read a book, or better yet, just find some parkour map on the web and practice there. :) There's really no need for one in the lobby.
"Find some parkour map on the web and practice there"? Didn't you hear me say I've already done that? A parkour course in the lobby would just be something nice to have, a warm up to get us ready for the games. And I don't have a TV in my room, I've read all my books and the only videos I watch while playing Minecraft are music videos that I just turn on and leave so I can keep playing Minecraft. And I'm not the only person who would like a parkour course in the lobby, lots of people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci