• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Pangea

Should this map be added to MCSG?

• Yes

Votes: 153 73.6%
  • No

Votes: 55 26.4%

• Total voters

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Wait?.. is that a good comment or ban.
It's good, for the most part :p

I like the map-- it's very well done, however I wouldn't exactly like to see it on the servers, because I don't see it as a very "original" map :)

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

I like the map-- it's very well done, however I wouldn't exactly like to see it on the servers, because I don't see it as a very "original" map :)
I appreciate your criticism but I have to say , this map is unlike any on MCSG.
First of all , we had to stick to the pre-historic theme , which is very difficult to do.We only use wood in our structures , so we need to be extra creative. Believe me when i say there are no structures that will appear in any other map. There are no boats , no castles , only 1 ruin that goes with the backstory , so it suits the theme.
The cannibal fort = original. Iv'e never seen anyone build anything like it.
The dinosaurs = original
The crevice/ravine structure = original
The hanging houses = original to MCSG
The giant thorns ( recently added ) = original.
Giant turtle on steroids = original
Cavemen caves = semi original.
Terrain consists of three layers = original
Root arches from the trees = original.
Time machine = original
spawn= original
Sea cliff arches = original

Honestly this map has to be THE most original map I've ever seen. Im not being cocky , I truly mean it.
There are no generic structures on Pangea. I think it is unfair to brand it un-original.

Zana

Career
Reaction score
First of all , we had to stick to the pre-historic theme , which is very difficult to do.We only use wood in our structures , so we need to be extra creative. Believe me when i say there are no structures that will appear in any other map. There are no boats , no castles , only 1 ruin that goes with the backstory , so it suits the theme.
The dinosaurs = original
Time machine = original
spawn= original

Honestly this map has to be THE most original map I've ever seen. Im not being cocky , I truly mean it.
There are no generic structures on Pangea. I think it is unfair to brand it un-original.
Giant turtle on steroid is tha best in da world! :p

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
hobo1955 Don't do the testruns. I am not done with the terrain and I really want people to play on it the way I intended the terrain to be. Wait 2 more weeks, then you'll have your map and I have it the way I want it.

duckluv321 Thank you for the constructive critisism, many people fail to understand that if they vote no they are supposed to tell us why, so we can improve.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
The dinosaurs = original
Time machine = original
spawn= original

Oh, wow. I suppose this is a perfect example of why not to judge a map by the screenshots. Impressive, If I do say so myself.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
The dinosaurs = original
Time machine = original
spawn= original

sg1 dood

JakeKav

Survivor
Reaction score

Put it this way: It's better than pretty much every SG map. If dinosaurs aren't original, I don't know what is.
Taking into account I did pretty much nothing on the map so it's an honest opinion.

Dusk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
YES! Another team Swish map! :D

#ThisNeedsToBeAcceptedNao

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
hobo1955 Don't do the testruns. I am not done with the terrain and I really want people to play on it the way I intended the terrain to be. Wait 2 more weeks, then you'll have your map and I have it the way I want it.

duckluv321 Thank you for the constructive critisism, many people fail to understand that if they vote no they are supposed to tell us why, so we can improve.
Ejegun , the rest games are going ahead as planned. Trust me on those , I fixed the terrain and made it look awesome , its fine the way it is.
You had lots of time to change the terrain but you didn't , and I don't want you over-doing it. I'm not changing it. Sorry.

Also , trailer should be coming soon by the arena master.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ejegun , the rest games are going ahead as planned. Trust me on those , I fixed the terrain and made it look awesome , its fine the way it is.
You had lots of time to change the terrain but you didn't , and I don't want you over-doing it. I'm not changing it. Sorry.

Also , trailer should be coming soon by the arena master.
I want to be in the testgames. Also, I am sure that you have no idea what I have not yet finished so you can't fix it. I will work on it and remake the thread when I get home. Also I'll take better screenshots.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I want to be in the testgames. Also, I am sure that you have no idea what I have not yet finished so you can't fix it. I will work on it and remake the thread when I get home. Also I'll take better screenshots.
Ejegun theres no need. The screenshots aren't good but it was the best we can get. I tried making fancy renders but it was taking too long. Shaders isn't updated , and the terrain honestly is fine the way it is.
And about you being in the testgames , it's unfortunate but no need to ruin it for everyone because you can't make it.
Please just drop it. Trust me , I spent about 2 hours the other day cleaning it up , and now the terrain is almost immaculate. Please just drop it. The map is going on some other servers (not going to name them) , so you can play them there when you get back. The testgames will be fun , but I'm not re-scheduling it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci