• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Order of Donor Ranks Is Illogical

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I mean that he can type in orange and uses full advantage of Bukkit's /jail system to make rulebreaker's names black. Black and orange ARE possible name colors and they frankly (though this part is highly opinionated) look ten times sexier than cyan.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I can't believe that we're arguing/discussing over something so trivial like the color of our donor perks.

Also, I think that the Platinum looks shiny and pretty, it's what you'd expect from buying the highest available perk. Obsidian? Dark and mysterious....I like that. But it's just too dark of a color to be the one that represents the luxury of being a Platinum Donor. I like it the way it is.

Jake_MCSG

Platinum
Reaction score
i never had a problem with platinum but now that you mention it it would be cool to keep the ranks using names of minerals in the game. with that said i DO NOT like the color, to close to diamond. overall i think this is a great idea.

PS: if you do not want to us obsidian or emerald (due to its use on other servers) try bedrock.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Black names are ugly and very hard to read, so that's not a good colour to use. Both gray and dark gray are taken, leaving only cyan.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
I mean that he can type in orange and uses full advantage of Bukkit's /jail system to make rulebreaker's names black. Black and orange ARE possible name colors and they frankly (though this part is highly opinionated) look ten times sexier than cyan.
Orange wouldn't work very well as I believe a lot of the text in-game is orange and that it needs some distinction.
Black also wouldn't work very well as it can be hard to see on multiple surfaces(example, obsidian, coal etc).
As of now, the only colors and "styles" (italic, bold) are these http://ess.khhq.net/mc/, many of which are used or are unfitting as a rank colour. The only way I can see MCG truly making unique donor ranks is by using this which very looks impractical.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If they wanted to make it more 'logical' then the next rank would be called Emerald. As stated previously, most servers have ranks like this, and in order to be be different, they haven't gone the 'logical' way.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
lol I hate Obsidian...
Why not add a Emerald Rank lol
Because that would just re-spark the Hive vs MCSG drama. While I'm usually one to appreciate having enemies, even I'm sick of that rivalry.

Orange wouldn't work very well as I believe a lot of the text in-game is orange and that it needs some distinction.
Black also wouldn't work very well as it can be hard to see on multiple surfaces(example, obsidian, coal etc).
As of now, the only colors and "styles" (italic, bold) are these http://ess.khhq.net/mc/, many of which are used or are unfitting as a rank colour. The only way I can see MCG truly making unique donor ranks is by using this which very looks impractical.
Fine, at least rename it the Lightning rank or something. The_Great_Tito would approve. So would I.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci