• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Order of Donor Ranks Is Illogical

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Naming the new rank "platinum" breaks the spirit of Minecraft and the theme of your donor ranks up till now. I told you to name it Obsidian. It had its own color scheme and everything. But did you listen to me? Nope! Gray/silver font would also fit platinum better. Cyan, really? It makes no sense.

Let's just take a step back for a second and think about this psychologically. Specifically, from the point-of-view of someone who is considering purchasing highest rank donor or upgrading from diamond. Which do you think they'd rather be? A platinum donor when that resource doesn't even exist in the game (except by way of the Orespawn mod) or an Obsidian Donor where that's about one of the only materials - at least on faction servers - more precious than diamonds.

Personally, I would prefer buying an Obsidian rank. If I were the one behind the design, it would seem it designs itself. Think the black name is too hard to read? Fine. Hexadecimal provides enough variety for dark grey to suffice. You've got a new rank literally writing itself before your eyes and you chose to go with "platinum." You sound like a bank now, not my favorite Minecraft server.

I know this suggestion probably won't even receive any feedback from the higher-ups. They never seemed to care about my other three suggestions (even though at least two were given considerable communal support). But if this does somehow by some miracle touch the heart and mind of ChadTheDJ , Ava , Dave , Col_StaR and the rest, I'd appreciate you taking this seriously.

Thanks for your consideration and have a pleasant day.

PandaDoesPvPxD

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree that yes it is illogical, but it doesn't effect the gameplay, which is what we play for. There is no need to change it now, and personally I think it really doesn't matter, however your point is valid.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Since when were rank names supposed to make logical sense? We could easily have just changed the names to something random, like major cities in Norway, and it'd basically be the same (I, for one, would definitely shell out $100 for a rank with a non-English character in it, like Tromsø).

But don't forget that when we were originally planning the respective Premium ranks at the start of the community, we never intended to go beyond those three ranks. But once it became apparent that a demand existed and we had the capability to offer more perks, expanding our ranks and offering those perks were the primary priority; names are just words we ascribe personal meaning to. In fact, I think the only reason we chose Platinum was because we had one more unused color for text chat (that shade of blue) and because other communities had already taken the other materials (but people still accuse us of ripping off ____).

But is this really a thing? Are we going to start campaigning to change the titles of all the ranks next?

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I can very well see your point, but why?

Its standard for Minecraft servers to have Iron, Gold, Diamond, Obsidian and Emerald donor. So MCGamer has just taken a step outside the box and included something unique, but whoa too much.

Being different isnt always wrong.

OwenzKillz

Platinum
Reaction score
I can very well see your point, but why?

Its standard for Minecraft servers to have Iron, Gold, Diamond, Obsidian and Emerald donor. So MCGamer has just taken a step outside the box and included something unique, but whoa too much.

Being different isnt always wrong.
Col_star just stated that...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci