• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Order of Donor Ranks Is Illogical

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Since when were rank names supposed to make logical sense? We could easily have just changed the names to something random, like major cities in Norway, and it'd basically be the same (I, for one, would definitely shell out $100 for a rank with a non-English character in it, like Tromsø).

But don't forget that when we were originally planning the respective Premium ranks at the start of the community, we never intended to go beyond those three ranks. But once it became apparent that a demand existed and we had the capability to offer more perks, expanding our ranks and offering those perks were the primary priority; names are just words we ascribe personal meaning to. In fact, I think the only reason we chose Platinum was because we had one more unused color for text chat (that shade of blue) and because other communities had already taken the other materials (but people still accuse us of ripping off ____).

But is this really a thing? Are we going to start campaigning to change the titles of all the ranks next?
I wasn't campaigning that you change the titles of all ranks. Way to think of me incorrectly as an extremist there. If it truly is uniqueness you're after, then obsidian is more unique than platinum. "Platinum" anything (debit cards, donator ranks, etc.) Is overused on the Internet as a whole.

I can very well see your point, but why?

Its standard for Minecraft servers to have Iron, Gold, Diamond, Obsidian and Emerald donor. So MCGamer has just taken a step outside the box and included something unique, but whoa too much.

Being different isnt always wrong.
Name 1-3 servers that already have an obsidian donor rank. If that's taken, then rename it to TNT and code a custom orange hexadecimal color in. You want unique buddy? THAT is unique! -,-

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I wasn't campaigning that you change the titles of all ranks. Way to think of me incorrectly as an extremist there. If it truly is uniqueness you're after, then obsidian is more unique than platinum. "Platinum" anything (debit cards, donator ranks, etc.) Is overused on the Internet as a whole.

Name 1-3 servers that already have an obsidian donor rank. If that's taken, then rename it to TNT and code a custom orange hexadecimal color in. You want unique buddy? THAT is unique! -,-
CoveMC, I work as a developer there, we have Obsidian Donor.

From what I know of, you cant add colors into Mineacft.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Explain where, I do not see it.
I mean that he can type in orange and uses full advantage of Bukkit's /jail system to make rulebreaker's names black. Black and orange ARE possible name colors and they frankly (though this part is highly opinionated) look ten times sexier than cyan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci