• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

No-Tolerance Rule Policy for hacking starting February 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
I personally don't have any bad experience with disputes, I once got unfairly banned too, but after a quick conversation with a senior moderator I was unbanned.

I can understand the frustration it prevokes to be unfairly banned and not getting unbanned, but making hatefull/blunt messages towards the staff isn't helping anyone.
That's fair I did overreact regarding my antagonistic behavior toward senior staff which was unintended. I'm not by any means angry at what you said, but I am very angry at what cubes said still. It's just the biased quote for quote senior staff message he used to provide as a senior mod "If you feel you are banned unfairly, you may post a ban dispute and be unbanned." It's not always successful and in fact, is rarely successful. Unbans are hard to come by nowadays.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
That's fair I did overreact regarding my antagonistic behavior toward senior staff which was unintended. I'm not by any means angry at what you said, but I am very angry at what cubes said still. It's just the biased quote for quote senior staff message he used to provide as a senior mod "If you feel you are banned unfairly, you may post a ban dispute and be unbanned." It's not always successful and in fact, is rarely successful. Unbans are hard to come by nowadays.
Wait... "Ban Disputes still exist." is a biased quote? I thought that was pretty well known as fact. Not trying to be rude about it, but the situations that do indeed merit unbanning will be unbanned. Disputes aren't just something that are glanced over and shoved into a pile with the rest. Trust me; each situation is evaluated.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
It's true. If someone is stupid enough to deal a false ban, they're usually stupid enough to maintain it. I've attempted an unban for am extremely long time. It's next to impossible to land. It took xDefrasa a year. :/
I didn't get unbanned. Luckily it was only a 7-day ban, but SrStaff are like the government, they don't like giving in and have their reasoning for banning people. So honestly, the ban disputes have no real point, as they don't help anyone.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
Wait... "Ban Disputes still exist." is a biased quote? I thought that was pretty well known as fact. Not trying to be rude about it, but the situations that do indeed merit unbanning will be unbanned. Disputes aren't just something that are glanced over and shoved into a pile with the rest. Trust me; each situation is evaluated.
Ban disputes exist but they aren't always successful. So many false bans are upheld it's ridiculous. Assuming that it will work just because the ban is false is the biased quote.

Flawless

Platinum
Reaction score
May I say that Huahwi got banned for forcefield when he wasn't actually hacking... I know there is the forum appeal, but most of the time it's difficult to produce proof of not hacking, e.g If someone recorded a video to prove that they are not hacking. God knows there probably are tonnes of NO-GUI hack clients out there. Or if someone showed their game files, but there comes the exception that it is extremely easy to delete a hack client and re-install it.

Flawless

Platinum
Reaction score
Ban disputes exist but they aren't always successful. So many false bans are upheld it's ridiculous. Assuming that it will work just because the ban is false is the biased quote.
Nbroski I assume you know because you attempted to submit a ban appeal... why were you banned in the first place?

iancool

Diamond
Reaction score
Well way to often your evaluation is pretty darn bad. Not directed to "you" neccesarily but the staff as a whole.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Just a reminder folks: the policy change goes into effect in a few hours! We are syncing the effective time to the UTC/GMT timezone, so once it hits midnight there, we're gonna start perma-banning!

Check the timezone conversion here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Hacking Policy Change&iso=20150201T00&p1=136
Just a quick question, will players where the evidence has been gained before the actual launch of the policy change receive a normal ban or a perm ban? For example, what if someone reports a player tomorrow with evidence from the 28th.

Last edited:

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a quick question, will players where the evidence has been gained before the actual launch of the policy change receive a normal ban or a perm ban? For example, what if some reports a player tomorrow with evidence from the 28th.
In terms of evidence being submitted, if the evidence was gathered prior to the 1st, then it will be subjected to the previous policy. So if the evidence was from January 28th and the report was filed on February 3rd, then the report should be handled with the policies from January 28th.

The matter of old evidence should only be a problem for the next few days. Hopefully we'll burn through the old stuff and not have to worry about the policy overlap afterwards.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
Nbroski I assume you know because you attempted to submit a ban appeal... why were you banned in the first place?
Two offenses for hacking, one of which being false. However, there is no evidence supporting either of them, but this isn't important. What's important is this :
Well way to often your evaluation is pretty darn bad. Not directed to "you" neccesarily but the staff as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci