• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

No-Tolerance Rule Policy for hacking starting February 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But what about people with Gamma, Rei's Minimap and other modifications which don't affect PVP or involve hacks.
I don't think it would be fair to Perma-BAN
It stated in the initial post that "Modded Client Offenses and Hacking Offenses will be differentiated.". These being referred to now as "modded client offences" to show that they are not "hacks" but instead mods that are against our rules.

You should also consider taking away platnuim and diamond donor's /d command. alot of the /d's are hackin
If someone reports any member for hacking and they have used /d in the video, we have the ability to check who was using that disguise name at the time, it has been like that for a long time so even if disguised players are hacking, they can be caught and dealt with appropriately.

ChadTheDJ Sometimes players get banned for 60 seconds because of "Detected use of modded client" by the anti-cheat system, while the player is lagging. Does this mean that the ban time for that reason will be increased? Because the player does nothing wrong and gets punished, just because of lag. It has happened to me 3 times. Also, is Optifine still allowed?
These are automatic bans by our system, it would be extremely unfair for those to be made permanent as all anti-cheat plugins have a habit of throwing out some false positives but some sort of anti cheat system has to be used by the majority of servers to prevent or atleast limit the amount of hackers on the server.

Optifine will of course still be allowed.

Reaction score
It stated in the initial post that "Modded Client Offenses and Hacking Offenses will be differentiated.". These being referred to now as "modded client offences" to show that they are not "hacks" but instead mods that are against our rules.

If someone reports any member for hacking and they have used /d in the video, we have the ability to check who was using that disguise name at the time, it has been like that for a long time so even if disguised players are hacking, they can be caught and dealt with appropriately.

These are automatic bans by our system, it would be extremely unfair for those to be made permanent as all anti-cheat plugins have a habit of throwing out some false positives but some sort of anti cheat system has to be used by the majority of servers to prevent or atleast limit the amount of hackers on the server.

Optifine will of course still be allowed.
^ He said it best

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
I'm honestly very excited for this.

I feel like hacking should also result in an IP ban due to the fact I've had many hackers in-game tell me they don't care about getting banned because they have "34 alts".
Same, but I feel more like they should have some auto IP detect system when they ban someone, so that if the IP matches with the one of another perma'd account, they get automatically perma IP banned.

MCOnThePCAndrew

Diamond
Reaction score
This is good!
Now people that hack and are caught are gone for good!
And a good amount that hack will stop because of this rule!

Battey

Career
Reaction score
Given that head snaps are signs of hacking, it's safe to assume that a mod that sees a headsnap would consider that you're hacking.
Well it doesnt necesserally mean that you're hacking and as I've stated before, this is a technique that many people use today.

Rasclarts

Experienced
Reaction score
Well it doesnt necesserally mean that you're hacking and as I've stated before, this is a technique that many people use today.
It's not quite a 'technique', lol. People do it when they track people or, more commonly now, just for the attention.

Battey

Career
Reaction score
It's not quite a 'technique', lol. People do it when they track people or, more commonly now, just for the attention.
I can actually prove you that this is technique, lol, you say this because you don't do it. And no, I don't seek attention as I've been doing this since I started playing MCSG.

Rasclarts

Experienced
Reaction score
I can actually prove you that this is technique, lol, you say this because you don't do it. And no, I don't seek attention as I've been doing this since I started playing MCSG.
I wasn't referring to you when I said people do it for attention. Randomly looking upwards won't help you unless you're aiming at someone, thus the tactic being to track people

iViperboy

Spectator
Reaction score
Well some mods really need to step up their act though. I've already been banned for hacking when i supplied full proof that I wasn't. Yet this mod clearly didn't even look at my proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci