• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My opinion of the new "SG Classic" servers

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
I <1337 both equally. This option of splitting up SGC and SGV2 was pretty much the best thing that could have happened to make me like these servers even more. SGC has the old, nostalgic Survival feel to it, and SGV2 has the more fast paced, easier games.

GavwavMCSG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A lot of people will say that v1 requires more luck and less skill
Tbh, I think it actually does require more skill. Because it's a lot harder to get better gear such as full iron etc., you really need to push your skills since you don't have that much good gear than you usually do in SGv2. So it's really a case of requiring a lot more luck and skill. That's my opinion however.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Not all of the maps and features from v1 were added though, which makes me cri evertim

Reaction score
Tbh, I think it actually does require more skill. Because it's a lot harder to get better gear such as full iron etc., you really need to push your skills since you don't have that much good gear than you usually do in SGv2. So it's really a case of requiring a lot more luck and skill. That's my opinion however.
That was the entire point of my post... You kind of just reiterated what I said.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nicely stated! Yes the mobs like in the original V1 days are returning and it is a bug that they are not showing up. It will help the gameplay increase as night time becomes dangerous and the environment becomes your biggest foe. I do want to pick out one statement:

• The lag is awful. I try not to complain about lag, but for some reason it seems to be multiplied on the servers making it hard to PvP.
What location do you usually play in? When you say lag, does this lag happens in all throughout MCSG/MCGamer or it is just the SG classic servers? What version of mc are you running? Thank you for your feedback as we are trying to work out all of the kinks before next weekend. cc Forairan subv3rsion

Reaction score
Nicely stated! Yes the mobs like in the original V1 days are returning and it is a bug that they are not showing up. It will help the gameplay increase as night time becomes dangerous and the environment becomes your biggest foe. I do want to pick out one statement:

What location do you usually play in? When you say lag, does this lag happens in all throughout MCSG/MCGamer or it is just the SG classic servers? What version of mc are you running? Thank you for your feedback as we are trying to work out all of the kinks before next weekend. cc Forairan subv3rsion
Wasn't expecting a Chad reply :)

The lag for me, has been consistent throughout the whole MCGamer network, but I have been mainly playing SGC so I'm not sure if the lag still applies to all of MCG. I'm running flat 1.7.2, no mods, no texture packs. Playing in the US network mainly, lag is everywhere though.

I got to add though. Thank you and all of the Devs for SGC, It's definitely got me playing more on the servers. I'm glad to see you guys care enough to do something like this for the old players!

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Yea, teams almost always win.
They do in v2 as well. This is only normal as the Career districts in the actual Hunger Games usually formed a posse early on. Thankfully for the Katniss's and Peeta's out there, those who team up in large packs tend to be teaming out of either loneliness or some other form of insecurity that the smarter, more resourceful, less well-equipped tributes can drop a tracker jacker nest on((add insects at some point Jeb or I will hunt you down)).

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree, however the lack of gear is a(kind if) good thing. People were always complaining about V1 making games last longer. However, if you don't have any good gear in SGC, your only option is to go to corn for the refill. Thus, games go quicker.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci