• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

More information for the community!

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
This is another sort of rant thread, but I want some staff to see it. In the last few months there has been a lot going on with MCSGv2 issues, planned additions to the plugin and some stuff with the maps. But the majority of the community knows barely a thing about it, and whenever we try to get more information on it you say the same thing over and over again. Like when people say to fix bugs, the response the staff, and some of the members (even me) give is that the developers are working on it and a solution will be out soon and all that. I’m sure it’s very much true. But that’s all the information we get.

What I want is to see the staff let the community in on what’s going on with all of this stuff, in detail. In the past, whenever someone wanted to reduce the age limit to be a moderator, a staff member would come along and quickly say “No, younger mods are bad”, or something along those lines. Eventually, I decided to make a thread and put a lot of effort into it and we finally got a response from the staff that really explained the situation. But is that what it takes whenever we want to know what’s going on? It would be a pain to write a really long thread about something every time I want some answers.

If this happens the community can be more involved with the other important stuff, so that it isn’t just the staff adding stuff, finding out the community doesn’t like it, and then removing it eventually. This rarely if ever happens, but it’s still a situation better avoided, rather than solved after a time.

So, in future times, can the staff let us know this stuff in more detail? I could list a few other situations where this would have helped, but I don’t think it will add to my post any more than I have already. All we want is updates about what’s going on with the plugin, a good estimation with an explanation of it on when something will be completed. I think it’s a fairly simple request.

Hmmmm..... Needs COLOURS But! I do agree with you! I think they should let the community know some more information! You might never know! The communtiy could really help this server come threw!

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just as an E.g:
When Lululioness and I made the MCSGBC thread, it got locked for advertising. We were confused and had no idea why the staff didn't just ask to remove the link.
On investigation and rebellion, we then got a long answer from slasherxtreme explaining the situation, which cancelled the need for us to rebel and break further rules.

Point.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I can only really reiterate what others have been saying. Mods don't get told everything, Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they only know as much as the normal players do. But when they do know, please, please, please tell us in a big post that explains everything. Because a half-assed yes or no doesn't cut it with me, it's undetailed, vauge and is a not a G33ke post :p

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
This is why I make G33ke posts. :p

I know how frustrating it is to be left in the dark; I've argued the same thing in the past; not enough information...and a lot of times, this is true.

When I make a "G33ke post", I don't do it just to do it, (well, most times anyway.) I do it with a specific purpose, I do it to persuade, inform, or sometimes, even entertain. In other words, when people are requesting information on a topic, I not only state every thing I'm allowed to state, but I also explain it in detail to make sure nobody is confused and everyone is on the same page, so as to prevent flamewars and arguments in general. I seek to give as much knowledge as possible to unknowing users without causing arguments or leaking any secret information. (as if I get much - if any - of that. :p)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This is why I make G33ke posts. :p

I know how frustrating it is to be left in the dark; I've argued the same thing in the past; not enough information...and a lot of times, this is true.

When I make a "G33ke post", I don't do it just to do it, (well, most times anyway.) I do it with a specific purpose, I do it to persuade, inform, or sometimes, even entertain. In other words, when people are requesting information on a topic, I not only state every thing I'm allowed to state, but I also explain it in detail to make sure nobody is confused and everyone is on the same page, so as to prevent flamewars and arguments in general. I seek to give as much knowledge as possible to unknowing users without causing arguments or leaking any secret information. (as if I get much - if any - of that. :p)
That's exactly what I want. I understand that you don't necessarily have all the information, but detail and at least a slight explanation can be enough if it's done well.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
That's exactly what I want. I understand that you don't necessarily have all the information, but detail and at least a slight explanation can be enough if it's done well.
Its all very well you wanting pages and pages of information, but you have to remember, sometimes we actually don't know enough to write huge amounts. As well as that-we know big posts often get skipped over, as not many people want to sit there and read one post for five minutes.

Also, there's time. It takes much longer to write lengthy posts, and some of our staff are not going to sit for an hour and write an essay just to answer a question.

However, you are more than welcome to contact us answer ask for a full detailed explanation, which, as you know, I'm more than happy to give.

Again, ask us specifically what you wanted to know, if you want more than a short answer. I'm happy to write the occasional 1500 word answer, same with G33ke and a few of our other staff. However, we are not going to write it straight off the bat, you can't expect us to. In 90% of the cases, short answers are all that the player wants or needs.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Its all very well you wanting pages and pages of information, but you have to remember, sometimes we actually don't know enough to write huge amounts. As well as that-we know big posts often get skipped over, as not many people want to sit there and read one post for five minutes.

Also, there's time. It takes much longer to write lengthy posts, and some of our staff are not going to sit for an hour and write an essay just to answer a question.

However, you are more than welcome to contact us answer ask for a full detailed explanation, which, as you know, I'm more than happy to give.

Again, ask us specifically what you wanted to know, if you want more than a short answer. I'm happy to write the occasional 1500 word answer, same with G33ke and a few of our other staff. However, we are not going to write it straight off the bat, you can't expect us to. In 90% of the cases, short answers are all that the player wants or needs.
Ok, that's fair enough. Should we make another thread for this? :p

Reactions: Le0

Bredinabox

Experienced
Reaction score
This is another sort of rant thread, but I want some staff to see it. In the last few months there has been a lot going on with MCSGv2 issues, planned additions to the plugin and some stuff with the maps. But the majority of the community knows barely a thing about it, and whenever we try to get more information on it you say the same thing over and over again. Like when people say to fix bugs, the response the staff, and some of the members (even me) give is that the developers are working on it and a solution will be out soon and all that. I’m sure it’s very much true. But that’s all the information we get.

What I want is to see the staff let the community in on what’s going on with all of this stuff, in detail. In the past, whenever someone wanted to reduce the age limit to be a moderator, a staff member would come along and quickly say “No, younger mods are bad”, or something along those lines. Eventually, I decided to make a thread and put a lot of effort into it and we finally got a response from the staff that really explained the situation. But is that what it takes whenever we want to know what’s going on? It would be a pain to write a really long thread about something every time I want some answers.

If this happens the community can be more involved with the other important stuff, so that it isn’t just the staff adding stuff, finding out the community doesn’t like it, and then removing it eventually. This rarely if ever happens, but it’s still a situation better avoided, rather than solved after a time.

So, in future times, can the staff let us know this stuff in more detail? I could list a few other situations where this would have helped, but I don’t think it will add to my post any more than I have already. All we want is updates about what’s going on with the plugin, a good estimation with an explanation of it on when something will be completed. I think it’s a fairly simple request.
When it comes to being a mod, I think that they should allow you to be a mod if your are a few months away from turning 14 :). That's one request

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
When it comes to being a mod, I think that they should allow you to be a mod if your are a few months away from turning 14 :). That's one request
I don't necessarily think that's a good idea, but I think it should go by grade instead of by age. It makes much more sense. Anyways, stay on topic please :p I also made a questions thread and I will link it here in the morning if I haven't already. Or sometime tomorrow :p

bobyfish

Career
Reaction score
What "Stuff" are you talking about exactly?
/records, its been a long time and doesnt seem like a complicated issue. If it is, it doesnt hurt to tell us players why the long wait. an explanation is better than nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci