• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lulu Needs Help

L

Lululioness

How do you turn the trackpad off? Otherwise when I'm trying to use my mouse I will accidentally use the trackpad.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you're more comfortable with the trackpad, you keep at it.
I personally prefer a mouse but the MacBook trackpad is actually fairly good for minecraft in comparison to other laptops (I know because I have one too :3)
You just gotta practice, and you aren't obliged to change to a mouse either ;)
Each to their own, and of yours is a trackpad, stick to it.
Oh and listen to the ways of Echo, he'll be able to teach you some techniques

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Use FnS while backing up and make sure you aren't pointing too close to yourself so you don't get burned. Also, make a straight line if they are coming straight but a sideways arc if they are coming from the side.

Fnnythe3hd

Platinum
Reaction score
I also use a Mac trackpad (although I do use the arrow keys instead of WASD), here is how I position my fingers:
  • My entire right hand is used for the arrow keys. I do use my right thumb on the trackpad in emergencies.
  • My left thumb is used for the trackpad, almost always.
  • My left pointer finger is used for the space bar.
  • My left pinkie (or smallest finger, if you prefer) is used for the control key (to right click) and the shift key.
  • Finally, if you have Optifine, I would suggest using the ~ key for it.
That may seem a little complicated.

Now, for the bow (forgive me, this is very hard to explain):
  • Right click.
  • Always make sure that the bow is fully charged, unless the target is very close to you.
  • The further away the target is, the higher you aim the bow.
Here is a short video that I made in a bit of a hurry.

As for the Flint and Steel, I do not use it as much as the average player. The only thing that I would suggest is:
  • Try to light someone on fire while moving backwards.
A better tactic (in my opinion), rather than using a fishing rod to hit someone back before attacking them:
  • When you are almost dead, run.
  • Make sure that they are chasing you.
  • Once you have enough health, turn around.
  • When you are close to them, jump behind them and attack them from behind.
This does take quite a bit of practice.
Hope this helps. :)

cubemylife

Experienced
Reaction score
TIP 1- Get used to your mouse. It will help astronomically and... well... srsly lulu. srsly. :/
TIP 2- Bow combat- anticipate your foes moves, it doesn't always work but when it does it works well. You can land a lot of your hits. Also, if you have distance between you and the target, start a fight with a bow shot. It always helps to give them that slight handicap against you!
TIP 3- Sword Fighting- Get a mouse so you can block hit! :D Also, try strafing, jumping (but don't spam it, they can get you knocked around!) and some sneaky skills like getting behind them! :D
TIP 4- As for you flint and steel... use it when they're coming at you, and walk backwards as you do. You can't possibly get in your own fire then.
hope i halped C:

L

Lululioness

I also use a Mac trackpad (although I do use the arrow keys instead of WASD), here is how I position my fingers:
  • My entire left hand is used for the arrow keys. I do use my left thumb on the trackpad in emergencies.
  • My right thumb is used for the trackpad, almost always.
  • My right pointer finger is used for the space bar.
  • My right pinkie (or smallest finger, if you prefer) is used for the control key (to right click) and the shift key.
  • Finally, if you have Optifine, I would suggest using the ~ key for it.
That may seem a little complicated.

Now, for the bow (forgive me, this is very hard to explain):
  • Right click.
  • Always make sure that the bow is fully charged, unless the target is very close to you.
  • The further away the target is, the higher you aim the bow.
Here is a short video that I made in a bit of a hurry.

As for the Flint and Steel, I do not use it as much as the average player. The only thing that I would suggest is:
  • Try to light someone on fire while moving backwards.
A better tactic (in my opinion), rather than using a fishing rod to hit someone back before attacking them:
  • When you are almost dead, run.
  • Make sure that they are chasing you.
  • Once you have enough health, turn around.
  • When you are close to them, jump behind them and attack them from behind.
This does take quite a bit of practice.
Hope this helps. :)
OMG thanks so much! I actually use the arrow keys as well!

echo_555

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci