• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kit PVP Arena Contest

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Are Team Elite and Red Forest going to enter this contest? If so, isn't it a little messed up that they're allowed to enter when the owners of these build teams are judging the competition?
Team Elite and Red Forest are allowed to enter. Whether they do is completely up to them (I do think RF is going to enter with quite a few arenas). As one of the judges, I can assure you that I can look at a map made by Red Forest and review it just as I would for any other. I will do my best to ensure that my bias does not affect my decisions :3

FLAMEdex

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
'I would love to build with someone but I dont have skype nor teamspeak

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
TA should do this.
I brought it up and they thought it was a good idea. Unfortunately, I won't really be able to build very much these next two weeks, though. :(
But those 4 VIP ranks sure look nice.

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have played KitPvP before. Its just that the spawn points on the maps seem to just be randomly in the terrain. Not like anything special for it.
I agree with you, I don't think it'd be fair at all. It'd be more fun to let lesser known groups/people build a map and not have RF/TE build a map and auto-win.
Think of it as a challenge! You have to make your map so amazing that the judges pick yours over their own! :D
No. It's really not fair in my opinion. They should be able to submit a map for KitPvP but not have it in this contest that'll let some other people have 15 minutes of fame.

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
Two times now I've typed a long message about how they won't be biased and then an ad popped up (I'm on mobile) in front of the reply button and it didn't save my post. (It was quite well written if I do say so myself ;)) Essentially they won't be biased because they wouldn't want their map to not get chosen because the judge was biased yadda yadda yadda.. What I would like to see is a rubric showing exact point values that maps would be critiqued on rather than saying "ok u get first and u get second and u get third.." It would show us where we need to improve and what we did wrong :)

Edit: It was a sugar mommy ad :[

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Two times now I've typed a long message about how they won't be biased and then an ad popped up (I'm on mobile) in front of the reply button and it didn't save my post. (It was quite well written if I do say so myself ;)) Essentially they won't be biased because they wouldn't want their map to not get chosen because the judge was biased yadda yadda yadda.. What I would like to see is a rubric showing exact point values that maps would be critiqued on rather than saying "ok u get first and u get second and u get third.." It would show us where we need to improve and what we did wrong :)
Meh, I don't think TE or RF should be able to apply for this contest but it's my opinion and I respect yours.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Meh, I don't think TE or RF should be able to apply for this contest but it's my opinion and I respect yours.
Dave said:
"Instead of working with our in-house group of dedicated builders and terraformers, it was decided to let everyone join in and contribute to KitPvP. And what better way to do that than with a mapping contest?"
So yeah I think it's kinda weird that TE and RF get to apply since they're part of this "in-house group of dedicated builders and terraformers".

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
On the other hand I have some questions about features that could be implemented in my map that have not been seen on MCSG like.. Ever xD But if I ask the judges, they might put it in their map and then I'd have no advantage :[ Sooooooo I'm not sure where that leaves me

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
On the other hand I have some questions about features that could be implemented in my map that have not been seen on MCSG like.. Ever xD But if I ask the judges, they might put it in their map and then I'd have no advantage :[ Sooooooo I'm not sure where that leaves me
I was thinking that same thing! =P

endthebean

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Dave said:
"Instead of working with our in-house group of dedicated builders and terraformers, it was decided to let everyone join in and contribute to KitPvP. And what better way to do that than with a mapping contest?"
So yeah I think it's kinda weird that TE and RF get to apply since they're part of this "in-house group of dedicated builders and terraformers".
Actually what I was thinking

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci