• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's Not Just You, Donors.

Reaction score
I did say my opinion on this another time, but just to shorten myself a bit: I do completely agree with Hyst and Aaron. Even though the donators have donated to the server and should be given extra priorities, doesn't mean you can just ignore the other players that are playing on these servers. As Hyst said, the community is now filled up with ALOT of donors, and this leads to massive numbers of donors kicking out other players. A friend of mine wanted to try MCSG, but did never even get the chance to get out of the lobby before being kicked. A normal player shouldn't be afraid to go around in the lobby as one of the first players that joined waiting for a donor to kick him/her.

I do agree that donors should have extra priorities so it is worth donating, but I think there should be a maximum amount of donors per server.

SullisaurusRex

Survivor
Reaction score
Despite how many times you've heard it, donors are not only what keep MCSG alive. While they do contribute a little more than others and give back to the server, what would be the point if there were no community. Yes, I said it. It's not just you donors, it's the community as a whole and majority of the community are non donors.

It's not okay for donors to join games to kick someone for trolling. It's against the rules and not fair for others. It's not okay for donors to gang up and bash other threads like this one suggesting a change to the system. It's what the forums are for. It's not okay for donors to act higher than another forum member because they have a higher rank. You paid for a higher status, that doesn't give you the right to be a d**k.

That's another thing. It seems like whenever there is a suggestion for a change to the system it's instantly shot down. Who's it shot down by? Donors. Maybe we can't donate? Maybe we don't want to donate? It's a free service, why pay? I can understand where you're coming from. You payed good money for your privileges, right? You don't want freeloaders taking that away from you, right? But there are some GREAT ideas for a change. The best one I can think of would be a limit to the amount of donors to one server, but there are many others.

Us players need some respect too. Like I said, it's the community as a WHOLE. We all keep the server alive. Us non donors thank you for contributing for what we can't contribute, but give us the respect we give you, and listen to what ideas we have about the system because it's not perfect. It's very frustrating when you can't join a game and just play because you have to work around donors.

Obviously you donors aren't subject to change. There are more donors than ever. You paid for your position and you want to keep it that way, but let me tell you this. Think back to a time you got frustrated because you almost made it into a game but were kicked maybe at the last moment. Now think of that times however many more donors there are now. The games are fun, when you can participate in them..

(Of course it's not all donors that act like what's stated above, but there are many like this.)
Thanks for reading and please leave some insightful, helpful responses.
Despite how many times you've heard it, donors are not only what keep MCSG alive. While they do contribute a little more than others and give back to the server, what would be the point if there were no community. Yes, I said it. It's not just you donors, it's the community as a whole and majority of the community are non donors.

It's not okay for donors to join games to kick someone for trolling. It's against the rules and not fair for others. It's not okay for donors to gang up and bash other threads like this one suggesting a change to the system. It's what the forums are for. It's not okay for donors to act higher than another forum member because they have a higher rank. You paid for a higher status, that doesn't give you the right to be a d**k.

That's another thing. It seems like whenever there is a suggestion for a change to the system it's instantly shot down. Who's it shot down by? Donors. Maybe we can't donate? Maybe we don't want to donate? It's a free service, why pay? I can understand where you're coming from. You payed good money for your privileges, right? You don't want freeloaders taking that away from you, right? But there are some GREAT ideas for a change. The best one I can think of would be a limit to the amount of donors to one server, but there are many others.

Us players need some respect too. Like I said, it's the community as a WHOLE. We all keep the server alive. Us non donors thank you for contributing for what we can't contribute, but give us the respect we give you, and listen to what ideas we have about the system because it's not perfect. It's very frustrating when you can't join a game and just play because you have to work around donors.

Obviously you donors aren't subject to change. There are more donors than ever. You paid for your position and you want to keep it that way, but let me tell you this. Think back to a time you got frustrated because you almost made it into a game but were kicked maybe at the last moment. Now think of that times however many more donors there are now. The games are fun, when you can participate in them..

(Of course it's not all donors that act like what's stated above, but there are many like this.)
Thanks for reading and please leave some insightful, helpful responses.
Well in my opinion, before and after I became a donor, we are allowed to kick you out to play. It's paying for the special advantage buddy. And I get what you are saying that the community is important because they fill servers but... Not to be a jerk. What would MCSG really be losing? They are a business whether you want to believe it or not. If only donors were left do you think it would all shut down? No. They would downgrade the number of servers to accomodate the number of donors or just players at this point and that would put even more money in their pocket to improve the game. Obviously this is not what I or anyone else would want but I think that MCSG needs non-paying members alot less then you think they do. And as far as donors being the people who shoot down these threads how about you read the PINNED THREAD in the section about "before you post about donor privileges". It is MCSG's descision to encourage donors by rewarding their contributions.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Well in my opinion, before and after I became a donor, we are allowed to kick you out to play. It's paying for the special advantage buddy. And I get what you are saying that the community is important because they fill servers but... Not to be a jerk. What would MCSG really be losing? They are a business whether you want to believe it or not. If only donors were left do you think it would all shut down? No. They would downgrade the number of servers to accomodate the number of donors or just players at this point and that would put even more money in their pocket to improve the game. Obviously this is not what I or anyone else would want but I think that MCSG needs non-paying members alot less then you think they do. And as far as donors being the people who shoot down these threads how about you read the PINNED THREAD in the section about "before you post about donor privileges". It is MCSG's descision to encourage donors by rewarding their contributions.
Bro, do you even necro?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci