• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's Not Just You, Donors.

Aaron Shaler

Spectator
Reaction score
Despite how many times you've heard it, donors are not only what keep MCSG alive. While they do contribute a little more than others and give back to the server, what would be the point if there were no community. Yes, I said it. It's not just you donors, it's the community as a whole and majority of the community are non donors.

It's not okay for donors to join games to kick someone for trolling. It's against the rules and not fair for others. It's not okay for donors to gang up and bash other threads like this one suggesting a change to the system. It's what the forums are for. It's not okay for donors to act higher than another forum member because they have a higher rank. You paid for a higher status, that doesn't give you the right to be a d**k.

That's another thing. It seems like whenever there is a suggestion for a change to the system it's instantly shot down. Who's it shot down by? Donors. Maybe we can't donate? Maybe we don't want to donate? It's a free service, why pay? I can understand where you're coming from. You payed good money for your privileges, right? You don't want freeloaders taking that away from you, right? But there are some GREAT ideas for a change. The best one I can think of would be a limit to the amount of donors to one server, but there are many others.

Us players need some respect too. Like I said, it's the community as a WHOLE. We all keep the server alive. Us non donors thank you for contributing for what we can't contribute, but give us the respect we give you, and listen to what ideas we have about the system because it's not perfect. It's very frustrating when you can't join a game and just play because you have to work around donors.

Obviously you donors aren't subject to change. There are more donors than ever. You paid for your position and you want to keep it that way, but let me tell you this. Think back to a time you got frustrated because you almost made it into a game but were kicked maybe at the last moment. Now think of that times however many more donors there are now. The games are fun, when you can participate in them..

(Of course it's not all donors that act like what's stated above, but there are many like this.)
Thanks for reading and please leave some insightful, helpful responses.

Raycu

Survivor
Reaction score
I shoot down those forums posts too. I wish I was a donor. They payed for it though so they shouldn't have there power revoked at all. Its more people being stupid and trying to join places like us1 and us5. People explain it to non-donors way to much now a-days. You guys should understand. Allot of people want the change. Its just unfair. Yes the community does help the server. The community doesn't pay for the website of servers though. We just play on them. If we revoke there powers by nerfing them people that are donors would just start spamming us back anyways. It makes no difference either way.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Herro, I'm a donator.

I don't join servers if they're maxed out, only when there are friends on it so I can play with them, heck a helped a fella out with some graphics on the forums for mine. If you find a donator abusing or breaking the rules then report them.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I like this thread. It was well thought out, organized, and kind, not just total rage like most threads about this.
Anyway, onto my response; These are always shot down in my opinion because of the utter hateful, rude ways most threads about this topic are written in. Most forumers will respond in a similar way to how the thread is written, angry, rude threads will be replied to in a rather angry, rude way because that's the mood you in.
To as address the privileges of donors more in depth, try this thread: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...-removing-donator-privileges-read-this.30809/
The part where you talk about how everyone as a whole keeps the server alive, that is true, but they need donors because they need revenue. The servers are DEFINETLY not free, they are incredibly expensive, and without donators, they'd be gone.
If a donor is kicking for fun, or trolling you, report them here: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/report-abuse/. Just because they are donors, doesn't give them the right to do that and it is indefinetly ban or temp-bannable.

All in all, I actually liked your thread, although most likely it will never be implemented. Sorry.

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
Despite how many times you've heard it, donors are not only what keep MCSG alive. While they do contribute a little more than others and give back to the server, what would be the point if there were no community. Yes, I said it. It's not just you donors, it's the community as a whole and majority of the community are non donors.

It's not okay for donors to join games to kick someone for trolling. It's against the rules and not fair for others. It's not okay for donors to gang up and bash other threads like this one suggesting a change to the system. It's what the forums are for. It's not okay for donors to act higher than another forum member because they have a higher rank. You paid for a higher status, that doesn't give you the right to be a d**k.
If you see someone doing this, report them and they'll be dealt with.

That's another thing. It seems like whenever there is a suggestion for a change to the system it's instantly shot down. Who's it shot down by? Donors. Maybe we can't donate? Maybe we don't want to donate? It's a free service, why pay? I can understand where you're coming from. You payed good money for your privileges, right? You don't want freeloaders taking that away from you, right? But there are some GREAT ideas for a change. The best one I can think of would be a limit to the amount of donors to one server, but there are many others.
The only reason MCSG is free to play is because the donors pay for the servers to be up. Without donors, MCSG would be pay to play or nonexistent.

Us players need some respect too. Like I said, it's the community as a WHOLE. We all keep the server alive. Us non donors thank you for contributing for what we can't contribute, but give us the respect we give you, and listen to what ideas we have about the system because it's not perfect. It's very frustrating when you can't join a game and just play because you have to work around donors.
Obviously you donors aren't subject to change. There are more donors than ever. You paid for your position and you want to keep it that way, but let me tell you this. Think back to a time you got frustrated because you almost made it into a game but were kicked maybe at the last moment. Now think of that times however many more donors there are now. The games are fun, when you can participate in them..[/quote]
Donors can't control who they kick and blaming all donors as a whole is unfair since they pretty much pay for you to play.

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
How many times does this need to be explained...
Yes. donors keep these servers alive. I admit, without normal players there would've been fewer donors.
But, then we comes to the fact, they need donors to keep these servers alive, and who would pay money monthly if he didn't get something in exchange, perhaps a very rich fan, but not many would. People need to stop spamming threads like this. Anyways. The solution to this project is near. The 48 servers will be a blessing for the non donors, Since there is twice as many slots. twice as many non donors can join too, and how i know the donors, they want easy wins, they will most likely stay on the 24 servers. That means i'd say, like 40 non donors can join. It's going to be wonderful. Now you know better. Please god, there is a few things that are infinite. The times you have to reply to a remove donors thread and the universe, i don't know which one is bigger :p

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't agree. I was fine with it for 9 months as a non donor and I'm fine with it now. As a normal player I respected donors and them providing money for the server. The few times I was kicked was a little disappointing, but I just read the forums for a minute to let servers leave deathmatch and then I got on. It is really easy to be honest.

Reaction score
I do thank you for not raging, and actually explaining your stance in this post. It's very rare to see that in an anti-donor statement. This being said, I do apologize if any of the following comes off as rude.
Now, in your post you said that donors kick to troll. We donate to have the power to kick to play easier. Your acting like the entire system is made to give donors a right to troll, but the truth is a donor cannot kick more than once every 2-3 minutes, so you can't join, leave, rejoin to troll.
Secondly, you said all new donor system threads are instantaneously shot down by donors. Is this some secret alliance of donors to keep our OP-ness? No. Most ideas are very simplistic and deserve to be shot down. I try to be civil as possible in my responses to these threads, but its hard. That's why in many anti-donor posts you see many people getting angry, because usually the thread is "DONERs R GAY! Dey aways KICK ME AND THIS IS SH*T I'M GONNA QUIT UR SRVERS IF U DNT BAN ALL OF THE DNERS!". I try to help while shooting it down. Not because I'm power hungry, but because in many cases the idea won't work. Most of the disrespectful donors can be found in-game, if you catch a donor acting against the rules and trolling in a server, take a picture and report them.
No you say that donors only do a miniscule thing for the servers, but this isn't true. The servers are kept alive 33.3% by donors, 33.3% regular players, and 33.3% mods and admins. Without donors we wouldn't have the money to run servers, without normal players we wouldn't have reason to buy donor at all, or the same mass amount of players. This being said, saying donors aren't crucial is a blatant lie, without donors we would have no where near enough money to run 100+ servers. You also said donors shoot down all good ideas on fixing the system, again not true. I've supported many of these ideas, donors usually just shoot down the "GET RD OF DONERS NAO!" ideas because they won't work. I'm fine with many of the fix donor ideas, you made a generalization in your post.
I really agree with this actually, I loath the donors who treat regular players like dirt. All players and donors are to be treated the same, donors have no right to act like elitists, if you see a donor acting like an a**hole to regular players, be sure to report them. Again, this is another massive generalization, and it isn't great to post on the forums. Most of the forum donors are very civil. Leave us be.
All that said, donors are hear to stay, but a change in the system is needed. I always post this on anti-donor threads, so here's a bulleted list on how to more easily join -
Without donors, you could not play on these servers. Servers cost money, they are not run off of Chads PC. With 100+ servers as well as a website, 1000's of dollars are needed to run them all. No Donors = No servers. No servers = Everyone is sad. Please realize this. I know it can be tough to get on the servers, but there are some ways to much more easily avoid donor kicks and get on quicker. Please note, the for this tips to work add all of the servers applicable to you into your servers page.
  • Refreshing - This doesn't always work very well, but try to refresh, then scroll over the list looking for a server not in lobby, but in endgame. Refreshing more, keep going to the server you found in endgame. Continue to refresh until the server resets and goes into lobby. Join as fast as possible.
  • Later numbered servers - One of the more effective methods is to keep a close eye on servers 30-40. Most donors join the first server they see open (generally 1-20.) That means that your much less likely to get kicked on later numbered servers.
  • Playtime - This one is rather undesirable, but works if you really want to play. Try joining at unusual playtimes. Staying up later or getting up earlier to play works, as less people are playing so servers fill up slower and less donors join.
  • Country hopping - This is similar to the previous suggestion. Try joining countries from other servers for non-prime times in their countries. While it may be dark in say, EU and less people are playing, it may still be mid-day for US. This being said if you play cross-country you can join servers that are less full while it's still day.
  • Donating is always the best option, but I realize not every one can.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Gosh, why wouldn't people understand the point of this thread?
Without donators, the server wouldn't run. That's a justified fact and is very true. In my personal and honest opinion, MCSG runs like this:

Server <(Donations)- Donors <(Members)- Community
This pretty much says that, without Donors, the server wouldn't run. Without the Community, there would be no Donors and the server wouldn't run.​
I agree with this point of view of the situation because I've experienced it. I was a big member of a community in another game. It was a fairly big community. Then it declined, the number of donors were high. Despite of this fact, it closed down. Why? Because there were no community, no normal players. Donors are a minority in MCSG, they are like 30% of the community. Now, the 70% of the community, whom are normal unprivileged members. 50% of this group hates Donors of their privileges. 20% supports Donors. This 50% of Donors will most likely leave MCSG because of the constant hatred Donors gives. After most of them leave MCSG, the community is cut down by 50%. What's fun without a full-blown community? Donors are instigating new players to leave MCSG, and these new players are potential future donors.​

CarissaTT

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever met a donor who "troll kicks"

The servers are in very high demand, I highly doubt donors are trying to kick you out on purpose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci