• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Its not funny.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey there, and for those of you who dont know me, my name is Guy. Or you may prefer Otto. -
- I go by many names, by the way, such as GuyGraphics, Guy Gaming, GuyWithGaming, Otto, Otto101, or just Guy.

Im here to talk about a very sensitive subject in MCSG. Actually scratch that, Im here to talk about many sensitive subjects on MCSG.

For those of you who dont know, (And I've only told about 2 people in the community about this), I am clinically depressed. Its only minor, and personally I wouldn't even class it as "Clinically" but, there you go.
Now before you start imagining me as some goth who cuts himself everyday, let me stop you there. Im just a normal guy (Pun intended) who goes throughout his life in a normal way. I occasionally suffer from 'depression attacks' if that makes sence. Occasionally something will happen, or someone will do something that makes me go into a slight depression state, and MCSG has definitely been helping with that. *Note that I am very competitive while reading

I started playing MCSG about 2 years ago now, and I joined the forums about 1.7 years ago. Back then the community was definitely a lot smaller, and dont get me wrong, it was big, just not as big. You never heard people say "l2p", "rekt" or "eZ". And lately that has definitely been happening. People would fight me, and things like this would happen;
Contains curses, view with discretion

The community has become hateful, and any people coming here who understand the things that people say, Im sure, would be disgusted. Now before any of you say "Just ignore them" or "Rek them l8r" That is NOT the point; the point is that they do it in the first place.

Hackers have become more common lately, hell, I cant run into a game without seeing them, and its really annoying. Any hackers reading this, (And Im sure there are);, I beg of you, please stop, it may increase your w/l ratio, but it makes it no fun. I beg of you. Now the staff are working hard to eliminate them, and Im not bashing on them, they work super hard especially when they get such few benefits.; and I hate people who always complain. But there are many more needed, and, as I explain in my thread here - http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/ban-exception-test.119803/ - the rules are a little ludicrous. Hackers make me sick, but unfortunately all we can do, as a community, is just make more report abuses, and don't bash on staff. I just think that hackers are bringing MCSG down the drain, and everything has to come to an end, so its looking like this is how MCG will end.

I play the game like anyone else, but It seems like it may come to a stop, and I will stop with it. I hate MCSG. I said it - there. There are some bits of sugar doted around, the people who are nice in the community, the non-average, kind player, ect.. But MCSG has now become something that I no longer want to be a part of. Everyday I tell myself I'll quit, and I'll probably be back tomorrow, but does that really answer the question -

'How will MCG die?'

~Guy

Mooclan demonsushi duckluv321 HalfSquirrel RC_4777 Mamiamato24 OhFancy . Thoughts?

Please don't lock this, I honestly think my point should be thought upon. And If I see a staff member put something like "Hey there, *Jolly blahblah thread locked" I will be frusturated.

Last edited:

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
First. Time to read.

EDIT: I agree with most of the points here so I won't really comment as it will probably be a lot similar to your message.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think MCG will just die as time progresses. I think older members will slowly be leaving to be replaced by new ones, but I think MCG has the potential to last a while. There are obviously people that enjoy playing and enjoy saying "get rekt" and don't mind when other people say it to them. I also think that MCGamer could be a lot better if the community was better, but there are still undeniably tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people that actively play games on the MCGamer network.

Also, the joining of MCG with AntVenom's network would also boost MCG's lifespan.

I don't know how specifically MCGamer will die, but I think it will just happen progressively. Eventually, it will just die out.

Reaction score
The reason they do it is because they're some raging kids. I don't really have anything else to say except "ignore them", but it seems it doesn't help...

ImaDinosawRAWR

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey there! Hope you're doing well today.
Most of the people who say eZ or l2p are guys who try to hard to win and get to the top without enjoying the game and frankly, without the thought for others. It annoys me a lot when people do that, even when it's not me. It's just not a necessary comment.
Now, in response to the final part of your post. Please. Please. Please do not threaten to kill yourself on the jnternet. Whether you were joking or not, just please don't do it. I get that you're depressed and want your thought to be heard but it's not a great thing to do. I'm not having a go at you or anything, so please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just saying that others will take that seriously and there could be consequences. (People can reply to me saying that no-one cares and nothing happens when people threaten this but I care, and I've seen action been taken before).
If you ever need someone to talk to, my inbox is always open.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hello!

I completely understand your cause. People will always say "Oh, don't let it get to you, they're just stupid little kids", or "lol it's just a game get over it nerd", or something either disrespectful or ignorant of that manner but I can say that I get it, man. People like this just anger me. All you must know is that you are the better man. You didn't say something like that and they did. Also, if they say it in an abusive way like those people you gave screenshots of, feel free to report them for abuse! I encourage you to! Because abuse is not tolerated here in any way, shape or form.

Remember that these people are probably of a lower intellect and just aren't as aware, and are most likely worse at the game. They probably said it to cover up the fact that they died, or to make themselves feel better. Hope I helped.

J

Joel/MadDawg

Now, in response to the final part of your post. Please. Please. Please do not threaten to kill yourself on the jnternet. Whether you were joking or not, just please don't do it. I get that you're depressed and want your thought to be heard but it's not a great thing to do. I'm not having a go at you or anything, so please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just saying that others will take that seriously and there could be consequences. (People can reply to me saying that no-one cares and nothing happens when people threaten this but I care, and I've seen action been taken before).
If you ever need someone to talk to, my inbox is always open.
I don't believe Otto ever said that he wanted to kill himself (from how I interpreted it).

As for your question "how will mcg die" I also think it will slowly fade away from a natural server life cycle. All of the must popular minecraft servers through history have gone through a state of sudden growth and then slow death, and I believe mcg had been in its slow death for a while now. The screenshots you have clearly show that the ingame community has been poisened by bad apples, and the forum community is not close to as big or active as it used to be. While the continuing merger with the AntVenom network will slow down this decay, I still think that the best days of mcg are behind us and a slow downhill path lays in front.

EDIT: My bad ImaDinosawRAWR I did not see the last line.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImaDinosawRAWR

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't believe Otto ever said that he wanted to kill himself (from how I interpreted it).

As for your question "how will mcg die" I also think it will slowly fade away from a natural server life cycle. All of the must popular minecraft servers through history have gone through a state of sudden growth and then slow death, and I believe mcg had been in its slow death for a while now. The screenshots you have clearly show that the ingame community has been poisened by bad apples, and the forum community is not close to as big or active as it used to be. While the continuing merger with the AntVenom network will slow down this decay, I still think that the best days of mcg are behind us and a slow downhill path lays in front.
I'm on my phone so maybe I can see things you can't on the desktop version but the post finishes with:

"Please don't lock this, I honestly think my point should be thought upon. And If I see a staff member put something like "Hey there, *Jolly blahblah thread locked" I will kill myself."

iNtr0uble

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm on my phone so maybe I can see things you can't on the desktop version but the post finishes with:

"Please don't lock this, I honestly think my point should be thought upon. And If I see a staff member put something like "Hey there, *Jolly blahblah thread locked" I will kill myself."
You really don't know what he meant my by that... He meant it as a joke. Lighten up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci