• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Its not funny.

iNtr0uble

Spectator
Reaction score
I'd gladly leave the internet if everyone on it found jokes about suicide funny, but I know that's not the case. Clearly we don't have the same 'sense of humour'.
Jesus... if you really read into the context of which he said that in, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
OMG I GOT TAGGED BY SOMEBODY WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!!!

Okay, back on topic.

Hackers and rule breakers and rude people and the such are not just a commonplace here, but on nearly every other server. You may think that MCG is dying out because of those causes, but it's unfortunately the same situation for any other server you can think of (by your logic). That's not saying that this is an issue increasing in grandeur as the days go by. After consistently playing games over and over again, people begin viewing a lackluster side of the games, and seek out other ways of receiving the satisfaction that's long gone. Sort of like drugs. People aren't satisfied enough with them winning, now they have to flaunt it in any way they can to get under the skin of the opponent. And when they die? Even worse. The whole origin and concept of MCSG is also to blame for this, the same game over and over again eventually becomes tiring and people seek out new ways to make it "fun" for them, which happens to include disrespect to fellow tributes in many circumstances, while the rest of the community suffers.

If I can suggest a solution to your issue, how about playing MCSG with the chat disabled? There isn't anything super duper important that you absolutely have to know in chat, so it makes sense to just turn it off if you're receiving hateful remarks. I haven't tried it out for myself, so I don't know exactly how good the gameplay would be... Definitely different. If you're having trouble ignoring what they're saying, then why not just block it out completely?

And to answer the main question of this thread: it will take on a very lengthy and gradual pace, as most servers do. The concept of repetitive gameplay eventually doesn't appeal to anyone, and after the last Hunger Games movie is released, there will no longer be any hype around the community. Also, only having one gamemode that people actually play is a big downfall (nobody plays QQ or SGClassic any more, sorry). I'd say it has a few years left on it, give or take. What you mentioned on this thread won't really effect the rate of this happening, as it is present on every other popular Minecraft server. But since we're pretty much running on a movie series, I doubt it will last much longer than my prediction.

~Mamiamato24

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
First things first, I've edited out one of the images as it contained content grounds for punishment, which I will deal with appropriately :)

Thing is, with this whole situation- the whole "GG" "rekt" fad is all over the place. This isn't something that originated on MCSG, or even in minecraft, to my knowledge. Many other communities within minecraft, and other platforms use the same terms. Plenty of YouTubers use these terms in gameplay videos, in chats, in tweets, and in things like "fake" montages. A lot of people see those terms used in a funny way, such as how some people often say things like "{occurrence} GG" or in previously mentioned montages meant to be funny, where "GG" and "rekt" are basically the only words you'll hear and see throughout the video.

This said, unfortunately, most people have caught onto the sour context of the word, and have used it in that manner. Most people use it with the complete intention to annoy, and upset people, which is often the exact reaction they get.

While I personally don't find it bothersome, I know the effect it has on others. Though I think of it as just a word, I know, and understand why it frustrates people. Dying in-game often lights a fuse, and a follow-up of "rekt" can really burn through that fuse.

Whether it should be bannable or not, I'm really not sure. From my personal standpoint, I don't see it as a big deal, but I know many other people do, and that's not something I discredit. Typically, the same people to use those terms would also go further, and end up being banned for doing something further.

In the end, I'm really not sure. Either way, I think it won't have a massive impact on the state of MCSG.

To answer your second question, I honestly think time will tell the tale of MCSG. People come and go every day, but with that said, I don't for see an ending anytime soon. MCSG will always have a redeeming value, and I think with new people joining every day MCSG has a long while to go :)

iNtr0uble

Spectator
Reaction score
First things first, I've edited out one of the images as it contained content grounds for punishment, which I will deal with appropriately :)

Thing is, with this whole situation- the whole "GG" "rekt" fad is all over the place. This isn't something that originated on MCSG, or even in minecraft, to my knowledge. Many other communities within minecraft, and other platforms use the same terms. Plenty of YouTubers use these terms in gameplay videos, in chats, in tweets, and in things like "fake" montages. A lot of people see those terms used in a funny way, such as how some people often say things like "{occurrence} GG" or in previously mentioned montages meant to be funny, where "GG" and "rekt" are basically the only words you'll hear and see throughout the video.

This said, unfortunately, most people have caught onto the sour context of the word, and have used it in that manner. Most people use it with the complete intention to annoy, and upset people, which is often the exact reaction they get.

While I personally don't find it bothersome, I know the effect it has on others. Though I think of it as just a word, I know, and understand why it frustrates people. Dying in-game often lights a fuse, and a follow-up of "rekt" can really burn through that fuse.

Whether it should be bannable or not, I'm really not sure. From my personal standpoint, I don't see it as a big deal, but I know many other people do, and that's not something I discredit. Typically, the same people to use those terms would also go further, and end up being banned for doing something further.

In the end, I'm really not sure. Either way, I think it won't have a massive impact on the state of MCSG.

To answer your second question, I honestly think time will tell the tale of MCSG. People come and go every day, but with that said, I don't for see an ending anytime soon. MCSG will always have a redeeming value, and I think with new people joining every day MCSG has a long while to go :)
If MCSG doesn't update soon they will noticeably lose players, I think the staff fail to realize that the same thing over and over again gets a bit boring/stale.

xxSPUxx

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey there! Hope you're doing well today.
Most of the people who say eZ or l2p are guys who try to hard to win and get to the top without enjoying the game and frankly, without the thought for others. It annoys me a lot when people do that, even when it's not me. It's just not a necessary comment.
Now, in response to the final part of your post. Please. Please. Please do not threaten to kill yourself on the jnternet. Whether you were joking or not, just please don't do it. I get that you're depressed and want your thought to be heard but it's not a great thing to do. I'm not having a go at you or anything, so please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just saying that others will take that seriously and there could be consequences. (People can reply to me saying that no-one cares and nothing happens when people threaten this but I care, and I've seen action been taken before).
If you ever need someone to talk to, my inbox is always open.
Thanks ;-;

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
If MCSG doesn't update soon they will noticeably lose players, I think the staff fail to realize that the same thing over and over again gets a bit boring/stale.
Well that's very vague...
And they constantly push out updates, adding new features and fixing bugs.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That happens to every single game. Ever. There's still plenty of people here and they still push updates (and there's all this AntVenom stuff coming) so it's not like the staff is blind.

But anyway, my thoughts? It's the Internet. It was like this. It is like this. It will always be like this. Not saying that it's nice, but it's not something that magically goes away by throwing enough at it. Maybe it's just me, but I've always seen this stuff, from 2012 to now. I still don't get crap every time I die (nor do I see it profusely, I don't play much but I struggle to see the massive scale of this stuff). I'm sorry if it bothers you, but while it's harsh, it's literally everywhere. Call people on it when you see it but don't let it stick to you.

Dannymou1

Spectator
Reaction score
Yea in my eyes hackers have been getting more common now. A least 1 every 3 games for me, sucks...

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
People that do this are everywhere, its not exclusive to this community nor its something new here. There is really no point on getting yourself mad over it because, if the person that said it actually intended to offend you, then you are letting them win.
Complaining about it wont change a single thing, it wont fix it, because this is something that happens everywhere, not just MCSG.

MCSG wont die for this, if it did, then the whole internet would have died ages ago... which doesnt make sence nor itll ever happen.
Will MCSG ever die? Yes, but only because everthing has to end eventually. That does not mean it will live on for a good long time though, just as many (or more) people join than the people that leave, its an infinite loop. Whenever MCSG dies, it will probably happen whenever Minecraft's popularity dies out... which will evetually happen too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci