• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I'm going to be building a new computer - Suggestions needed

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
omg 11!11!!1111!!1111!!!!11111!!
new comppoter

!!

Okay, sorry, I'm hyped.
So I'm getting a new computer (like 99.9999% sure) and I'm about to order the parts like tomorrow (maybe some tonight), but I really wanted to get the thoughts of you computer-geeks who are a lot better with this stuff than me.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Seireiju/saved/T2wD4D

I have a budget of around $400, $475 at the absolute most. Due to my family's financial situation, I'd prefer to keep it around $400. Keep in mind that I wouldn't be getting a new computer at all - I didn't even ask for it - it's just that my ex-father is literally harassing my family in order to obtain the computers of my older sister and I, and so my mom wants to just let me build my own computer entirely.

Here's what I'll be doing on this computer, and performance that I'm aiming for:
Minecraft - 100+ FPS while recording or livestreaming on medium to high settings and 4-6 chunks.
League of Legends - Aiming for a steady 60 FPS while recording/streaming on medium or high settings
CS:GO - I'm less set on CS:GO, and I most likely won't be recording/streaming it that often. Medium settings, 30-40 FPS.

Thoughts?

I might be able to obtain some of the slightly less important parts through a friend, but I'm not 100% sure.
I'll also be getting Windows, which isn't included in the list.

If you have any suggestions for improving/changing it, please let me know.
Particularly about the processor, I heard that it was good for overclocking up to 4.5 GHz, but it's only dual-core. Does that really count in Minecraft?

Do I need a GPU/Graphics card? If so, what would you recommend?

The parts list that I linked (https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Seireiju/saved/T2wD4D) was created by MCSG's ex-Computer King, Erisyuka, with a budget of $400 in mind.

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
AS AN AVID PC BUILDER/ENTHUSIAST FOR GOD'S SAKE GET THAT PENTIUM OFF OF MY SCREEN.

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
PS- You know this goes in Community Corner. :p
No? It would be either General Support or Off-Topic Discussions, more so in General Support.
I'm not showcasing it, I'm asking for suggestions and opinions.

#rektm8

AS AN AVID PC BUILDER/ENTHUSIAST FOR GOD'S SAKE GET THAT PENTIUM OFF OF MY SCREEN.
Any suggestions or substitutes?
Keep in mind that I know very little about computer parts, so all I know is that I'm aiming for parts that will work well with games such as Minecraft and League of Legends. CS:GO and other FPS's are secondary concerns.

So really - If you have any suggestions, please let me know which parts and why they would be a better alternative.
I haven't ordered anything yet. I'll be doing it tomorrow, when I have no school. (Election day!)

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
First of all, you will need a GPU which will increase increase the price. You will need to spend at least a $100 more to get some decent fps if you plan on using without shaders. In an honest opinion, don't buy no. Buy on Black Friday/Cyber Monday, when all the prices go down a notch. You might even be able to upgrade your parts, like turning that Pentium into an i5. ;)

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
For $400 it's going to be a bit difficult to get that great of a computer, but I'm pretty sure you can do better than what you have now.

The Pentium is one of the weakest CPUs on the market currently, and not having a GPU is going to severely limit your performance in pretty much every game. I really don't think you could record at 100 FPS on Minecraft with this current setup.

I could try to make an alternate parts list tomorrow if you wanted to take a look, but if you're dead set on this build/in a rush, I understand if you don't want to wait. I have done this before in case you were wondering; I had a thread on here at one point or another where I designed PCs for people, and I went through about 50 requests.

Anyways, good luck with building your PC! It's an awesome experience, and one I think pretty much everyone should try at one point or another.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't really see a point in building a computer unless your budget is AT LEAST $800. With only $475, it's not going to be able to get 100 FPS.

I think you should look for huge sales from popular brands. Or take up a different hobby.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm probably the worst at computer anatomy, like literally the worst. But I would strongly encourage a graphics card, because they could really help out with gaming, and it could help you play at enjoyable, full settings without too much lag. c:
Also, never take my word for computer knowledge, just look at other people's suggestions. xP
Also, all this seems pretty expensive, but I bet it would be really fun constructing your own computer! We wish you good luck! :3

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
First of all, you will need a GPU which will increase increase the price. You will need to spend at least a $100 more to get some decent fps if you plan on using without shaders. In an honest opinion, don't buy no. Buy on Black Friday/Cyber Monday, when all the prices go down a notch. You might even be able to upgrade your parts, like turning that Pentium into an i5. ;)
I would love to wait until Black Friday (When is Cyber Monday?) but I'm under a time limit. My dad wants to sue my family for my computer, and my mom would rather just give it to him and build me a new one.

- I'll be using a tower that I already have, cutting off about $40.
- I have a good chance of being able to obtain either the SSD, HDD, or possibly both from an IRL connection. If that works out, it could drop my expenses by as much as $50-$75.

If that works out, I'll have about ~$150 of extra room with which I can upgrade the processor and get a graphics card.
For $400 it's going to be a bit difficult to get that great of a computer, but I'm pretty sure you can do better than what you have now.

The Pentium is one of the weakest CPUs on the market currently, and not having a GPU is going to severely limit your performance in pretty much every game. I really don't think you could record at 100 FPS on Minecraft with this current setup.

I could try to make an alternate parts list tomorrow if you wanted to take a look, but if you're dead set on this build/in a rush, I understand if you don't want to wait. I have done this before in case you were wondering; I had a thread on here at one point or another where I designed PCs for people, and I went through about 50 requests.

Anyways, good luck with building your PC! It's an awesome experience, and one I think pretty much everyone should try at one point or another.
Making an alternate parts list would be amazing.
The maker of the current parts list had told me that I didn't need a GPU, and would be able to just get one later.
I don't know what you might have to do to get me to where I need to be, but do whatever you can please ;-;
(Also, refer to the bolded text above)

I'm aiming to have the computer built and ready play on by the 11th or 12th...
November 14th is the EliteSquad's 2 year anniversary, and I wanted to have something special to commemorate that, like a video. c: I also wanted to name the computer "The EliteSquad".
#EliteSquad4Lyf
If you don't remember what the EliteSquad is, we were the #3 US clan back in like December of 2012. I joined Dec. 21st or so as a trial member, and became co-leader the next day.
(ahhh, the 2012 memories)
I don't really see a point in building a computer unless your budget is AT LEAST $800. With only $475, it's not going to be able to get 100 FPS.

I think you should look for huge sales from popular brands. Or take up a different hobby.
If you read a bit higher up in this post, I don't exactly have a choice.
I need to get a new computer soon, and my family doesn't really have the financial wiggle-room to go above $500.
(a new hobby? hah lel ur fnny. no.)

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I'll try to get you that parts list at some point today.

For the sake of designing a better computer, I'm going to assume that you do end up getting those parts from your friend.

Nikocheeko

Diamond
Reaction score
Cyber monday is either the monday right before or after black friday. BUT.. If you buy a graphics card that's extremely good, i don't think your processor would even be able to handle it. (Not 100% sure, only from what happens to me!) Good luck man, try ad reach your goal! Maybe save some christmas money since it's right around the corner if you do happen to get some.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Cyber monday is either the monday right before or after black friday. BUT.. If you buy a graphics card that's extremely good, i don't think your processor would even be able to handle it. (Not 100% sure, only from what happens to me!) Good luck man, try ad reach your goal! Maybe save some christmas money since it's right around the corner if you do happen to get some.
???
On tech threads, I recommend you read through the entire thread before posting ;) I'm on a time limit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci