• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Illusharnia 100% Completed

What do you guys think?

• Total voters

Azorces

Career
Reaction score
Today the map is going to have some changes and then we shall run a test game
Screenshots will be changed tonight

Spewky

discord @consend
Reaction score
IGN: Spewky
MCSG Win Count: 334

Lemonz87

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It was requested that I explain my incentive behind voting no. So...

First and foremost the terraforming is world painter (or extremely over smoothed voxel sniper). Either way, it is too smoothed and 'sudden' (the mountains just shoot out of the ground, there is no gradual, natural increase. World Painter is frowned upon in the whole Minecraft building community; I don't fault you for not knowing this, but the terraforming isn't great.

Second, the trees. The triangular/pointy ones look good, but all the others aren't. Also, it is hard to make a 'mix' of the default and custom trees work. Usually best to stick with one or the other.

The builds look decent, but they aren't amazing. Also they seem quite random. One corner you got floating islands in the sky and the other you got an odd looking netherrack structure. I feel as if you guys didn't stick to a theme well. Everything feels messy and random.

Mostly, my reason for voting no is I am very strict. It is nothing against you guys or the map; but I feel that voting yes should mean more than being nice or thinking the map is 'just ok'. As a builder I try to strive for excellence and I do the same as a critic. Unless I am 'WOWed' it is hard for me to like just any map. You guys have potential, because a lot of what I can see in the screenshots is good; however, I feel that this map is a start. Everyone starts somewhere and you aren't going to impress everyone.

If you guys are serious about building and this map wasn't just an attempt to possibly get VIP, I suggest starting a new map. Sit down, find a theme, and plan it out before you even start building. Try to think of something original and get the necessary pieces to execute it well.

This is all I am going to say. Sorry Azorces that you had to track me down and ask for my explanation. I should have left it to begin with. :p
I am going to have to back up Andrew here- certain parts of the map I immediately fell in love with but as the trailer continued things seemed random.

In the small village portion of the map and on the docks your builds were on point- detailed and consistent. However, it seems as though as the building continued you were more rushed to finish the map instead of taking your time to make sure everything perfectly fit together.

This map is a start and as a person, I am a perfectionist in all that I do. If you stick to one theme and keep the detail and building consistent and original, there's nothing stopping you from making a beautiful map. You have all the skills needed you just need to apply them in the most perfect form.

Littlesoy

Tribute
Reaction score
This map looks really good right now, hope it gets added.

Littlesoy

Tribute
Reaction score
Can't wait! This map looks amazing, hope it gets accepted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci