• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I hate to make this post but. Is the community dying...

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with every single word..
The thing is, that today with the amount of hacker. you can't be skilled anymore.. You keep getting called a hacker or ping abuser. 2 things. I can't find players who say to others, wow. you are really good after they dyng to him..
that really sad. I remember that 1.5 years ago, every player who killed me in a fair fight, I would even wait till the end of the game to tell him that he is really good.
People stopped being supportive and that one thing who make the community, well, I can't say this word, but you get me.
ya bud, although I don't get called a hacker too often because I'm rank 30, but I get called out for "Ping Playing" *Checks ping "130 ms"* I've even been called a ping player when I bowspammed someone to death xD, but besides that, I don't let what people say get to me, and I know there are a lot of people who can't do that so try something: Play with chat off, it actually makes the game more enjoyable. Specially if you're playing with a friend or something in a call.

w0wmonkey

Career
Reaction score
ya bud, although I don't get called a hacker too often because I'm rank 30, but I get called out for "Ping Playing" *Checks ping "130 ms"* I've even been called a ping player when I bowspammed someone to death xD, but besides that, I don't let what people say get to me, and I know there are a lot of people who can't do that so try something: Play with chat off, it actually makes the game more enjoyable. Specially if you're playing with a friend or something in a call.
The thing is, I don't really care what randys says ingame and I don't think alot of other good players care.
but whenever you getting called for hacks by the other clan in a clan war, scrim or just random game with other good players, thats too much.. Its crazy how much screenshare i've done in the last 3weeks.. and I know some others who can say exactly the same..
The thing is, that its getting me aswell.. I start to think people hacking even tho they aren't...
I gave up on the community few weeks ago, and I don't see a way to it get back to what it was..

D

Damien // Teepwn

Not really dying, but becoming rapidly plagued with a metaphorical, incurable illness.

I wasn't here long enough ago to experience the old community so obviously I can't be 100% sure of both sides of this. However, I can say as fact that the player/staff base has deteriorated and is, by no means improving.

You have never been in a decent clan and if you have then it probably wasn't half decent. Clans nowadays are better than ever with a big tournament going on with competitive leaderboards as well. Clans still do play for fun and I can tell you clan battling in a 8v8 teamfight is one of the most fun things I have ever done playing video games.
How can you not see through your ignorance and see that half off MCG's drama and abuse comes from clans? I don't know whether it's different on the region you play on, but I've seen friendships torn apart by clans. People stop talking to others, shut them out, and blackmail them if they leave/try to leave a clan.
Plenty of this goes on, and a ton more. It shouldn't be taken lightly when people fall out with each other because of cliques in a game made of blocks.

I have been in clans, and I agree that clan battles can be fun. But the amount of drama and hate that comes with it supercedes it in my eyes and it's not something I want to be involved in.

This one is kinda funny, SO many people still play this game and have a ton of fun with it, that's so untrue.
I like how you say everyone is toxic to each other, that's so inaccurate and not true.
Whilst this may be true, you still cannot deny the fact that the continual abuse/hackers and no Mods (see later) can be quite frustrating and outlines a deteriorating community.
While not everyone is toxic to each other, there's something called a hyperbole, used to get a point across.

I can reinforce this more even. On more than one account I have seen people who have 0 wins / about to hit a milestone and I offer to help them out. They are so taken aback that they usually don't believe you and it takes alot to get them to genuinely believe you. I don't think this should have to happen.

In addition to that, my friend has also had some experiences where he was fighting someone and he accidentally dropped his sword. The other guy was kind enough to pause the battle and let him pick it back up.
Not something you see too often on MCSG.

Where are you getting this information from? I've seen so many people who joined one month ago with 40 messages get mod.
Don't they say that you have to active within the community and have been here for a while before you can be Mod? If so, they've just contradicted themselves.
You go through the full staff list and tell me how many of them you've heard off, much less see actively.

The community isn't dying, I see so many new mods and eager new players joining clans and making friends like I did.
I agree the community isn't dying, but it certainly isn't changing for the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
It's not necessarily dying, but the people that knew how the v1 days were are starting to leave, and new people are coming in. It's like a new generation of players.
^ This.

v1, and generally everything back then, used to be awesome and fun. Now some mods apply just for the fancy name and popularity, there are more hackers, people boosting by going in hacker teams of 5 *cough cough*, the players are more toxic... it's really boring .-.

landowicked

Diamond
Reaction score
I think your honestly wrong, ive been in this community since beta, and like harborseal, ive seen it evolve and change, ive seen this community from every point of view, except a fanboy i guess.

In the beginning, before the hub this community was run by clans, and people you just happened to team with, this is how you met people, these where the friends you made, where skype teaming was the most common thing, and the ts had a lot of activity, as everybody used it or skype to talk. In the time of Cyanvolts and Blamphs, these where the clans to be in, they where as i still believe the ideal way clans should be and shouldve stayed, this was before clan battling etc etc, you saw a group of the other clan in a game you got all your clan buddies and you had a showdown on the spot. tryharding the leaderboards was the only tryharding done, ratio didnt matter, another win was just another spot up the leaderboards and thats all anybody really wanted back then.

Now this community is run and thrives mostly on youtubers, they bring people in, and as much as i dont neccisarily like it, a lot of my best friends have come in this way, you come seeking to be noticed or seeking to be good, either way, you still come to the server. This community is amazing in its own way, and honestly ive never seen a community with a more dedicated staff then this one, go on any other big network and see how many mods you see, thats right very few.

This community is everychanging that is true, but it is no where close to dying, its very much alive and its thriving, there is a lot of hate in the community but that doesnt mean that theres also not a lot of love and friendship in this community, a lot of people seem to blame the server and community for being terrible, but in fact the servers create friendships and even relationships. Mcgamer is nowhere near dead, it will just begin to change as the community in minecraft and pvp changes, it still has a long life left ahead of it.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Regarding what has been said about the gradual 'dying' of the forums...

While it is true that the calibre of the threads created is dropping, it is a hypocrisy that many people who are saying such things have not created any interesting community-discussion threads. If you want a fresher forum, 'Be the change you want to see in the world'

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
While I agree with a lot of the information that has been posted in this thread, I can assure you that MCG is not "dying".

There were times much worse than this, were even I though **** was going to go down. It did, kinda, but everything worked out in the end.

When the Team Vareide split off, that was much worse than it is now. The community halted most dev work, as we lost Clankstar.

I might come back here to post a bit more, but for now, I need to sleep as I have a wonderful AP U.S. history exam tomorrow!

D

Damien // Teepwn

No it actually isn't true. Like I highly even doubt a few odd serious cases of this have happened.
Well, if that's what you want to believe, go ahead. I don't want this thread locked for flame because it's actually an interesting discussion.
Still not changing my view on it, and it actually does happen. Maybe, if you read my post properly you'd see I said "maybe it doesn't happen on the region you play on". Furthermore justifies my standpoint on your ignorance.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, if that's what you want to believe, go ahead. I don't want this thread locked for flame because it's actually an interesting discussion.
Still not changing my view on it, and it actually does happen. Maybe, if you read my post properly you'd see I said "maybe it doesn't happen on the region you play on". Furthermore justifies my standpoint on your ignorance.
There you go contradicting yourself again. Don't say you don't want a thread locked and then call me ignorant. I regularly hang out in the Trivium/Divine teamspeaks which host for both US and EU members. I'm also a member of rebels which has an EU division of its own. Would you like to state your clans? Please don't call me ignorant when I have all the facts and knowledge to backup what I say up when all you seem to use is speculation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci