• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I hate to make this post but. Is the community dying...

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Its been a great 2+ years. So many people have come and go.
"Back in the day" People used to be so nice to each other. Remember the times when people used to spectate 60 minute games. Hackers were a rare sight. Clans were a place to make new friends. When we played for fun.

"Nowadays" Its a epidemic, the servers are toxic. We might have new players join everyday but how many of them are turned away by the fact they cannot play a nice game. You join your first game and you get killed by a hacker/ team of 4 try harding to boost wins. This does not look good.

Now lets look at some of the reasons I think MCSG is dying.
This Mini Game has been around for 2 years. People are getting bored and sadly there is not much you can do to improve this.
There is a huge lack of community. Everyone is toxic to each other.
There is an epidemic of hackers.
Overall there is just no community anymore.

As said previous that new people join the sever everyday, but how many of them actually stay around. I bet not to many. Why would they stay. To be killed by a hacker, abused. I don't think so. Someone simply cannot have fun anymore.

Even if we look to the forums now. There is not much quality posts anymore, just complaints. Complaints after complaints.

Staff members get mod now for the rank and popularity status, not to help the community.

The player base will probably keep increasing, but what I mean by mcsg dying is that the community is dying and what's a server without a community.

Unfortunately I think it has gotten so bad now there is no way to turn back.

I guess the community was good while it lasted.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, it is going through a bit of a phase where a lot of older players are leaving but I wouldn't say it is "dying" because so many new players join everyday. We are so custom to these older players that we think that if these players leave, our community will eb ruined. All these old players were new players at one point, so in my opinion I feel as if it's not dying, rather transitioning.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, it is going through a bit of a phase where a lot of older players are leaving but I wouldn't say it is "dying" because so many new players join everyday. We are so custom to these older players that we think that if these players leave, our community will eb ruined. All these old players were new players at one point, so in my opinion I feel as if it's not dying, rather transitioning.
The old player played the right way though

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel the same way, MCSG has fallen to hackers, they made the good people leave.

HarborSeal

Platinum
Reaction score
Haha, how long have you even been here?
No, you weren't around 2 years ago. I don't buy it one bit.
Hackers were a rare sight. Clans were a place to make new friends. When we played for fun.
You have never been in a decent clan and if you have then it probably wasn't half decent. Clans nowadays are better than ever with a big tournament going on with competitive leaderboards as well. Clans still do play for fun and I can tell you clan battling in a 8v8 teamfight is one of the most fun things I have ever done playing video games.
This Mini Game has been around for 2 years. People are getting bored and sadly there is not much you can do to improve this.
There is a huge lack of community. Everyone is toxic to each other.
This one is kinda funny, SO many people still play this game and have a ton of fun with it, that's so untrue.
I like how you say everyone is toxic to each other, that's so inaccurate and not true.
Staff members get mod now for the rank and popularity status, not to help the community.
Where are you getting this information from? I've seen so many people who joined one month ago with 40 messages get mod.
The player base will probably keep increasing, but what I mean by mcsg dying is that the community is dying and what's a server without a community.
The community isn't dying, I see so many new mods and eager new players joining clans and making friends like I did.

Seriously buddy, you haven't been around as long as I have and it seriously annoys me that you made this thread. How dare you disrespect this community that welcomed you in giving you moderator and even senior moderator. I never got an opportunity to become staff, but if I had I would have never resigned much less complained like you're doing.
All of your words are based off of your experiences and aren't even true at all.
If it's so bad then pce, get out.

Edit :p Back then, there was still hackers AND abuse, just because there is more of it because there is more players doing it doesn't mean the grass was greener back then.

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Please note that this is a recreation of the post that I wrote earlier, which was significantly longer and more detailed. I experienced an annoying forum glitch, which prevented me from posting this, and then I accidentally copied and pasted something else without thinking about it >_> So I lost the original post.

How will MCGamer die?
Hmm.
That's a question that was tossed around in the past, but generally there were only answers like "When Chad decides to end it" etc.

But I feel like the real question here is, how will the community die?
In my eyes, it's on a path to suicide.

In-Game, it's a lot worse than it was. Yes, it might be better than many other online communities right now, but look at the transition that it's made in the past year. There's so many openly rude, disrespectful, and arrogant players. It's not just the people who are saying things like "l2p l2p l2p rekt m8 get good", it's also the general attitude that people take on the game.
To those of you who say, "It's just a game, no need to get mad," I strongly disagree with the message that you're sending. The game itself isn't what makes people get mad. It's the people playing the game. The people in real life who are typing those messages, downloading hacks, and making the atmosphere a terrible place. THIS IS REAL.
Hackers are constantly being reported and banned, but there are always more to replace them. In the past, there was maybe one hacker every few games. Nowadays, however, there are multiple each game. Playing on Minecraft has become a chore, and winning is becoming less part skill, and more parts "how well can you make macros in Razer Synapse" and "how low is your ping".

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Please note that this is a recreation of the post that I wrote earlier, which was significantly longer and more detailed. I experienced an annoying forum glitch, which prevented me from posting this, and then I accidentally copied and pasted something else without thinking about it >_> So I lost the original post.

How will MCGamer die?
Hmm.
That's a question that was tossed around in the past, but generally there were only answers like "When Chad decides to end it" etc.

But I feel like the real question here is, how will the community die?
In my eyes, it's on a path to suicide.

In-Game, it's a lot worse than it was. Yes, it might be better than many other online communities right now, but look at the transition that it's made in the past year. There's so many openly rude, disrespectful, and arrogant players. It's not just the people who are saying things like "l2p l2p l2p rekt m8 get good", it's also the general attitude that people take on the game.
To those of you who say, "It's just a game, no need to get mad," I strongly disagree with the message that you're sending. The game itself isn't what makes people get mad. It's the people playing the game. The people in real life who are typing those messages, downloading hacks, and making the atmosphere a terrible place. THIS IS REAL.
Hackers are constantly being reported and banned, but there are always more to replace them. In the past, there was maybe one hacker every few games. Nowadays, however, there are multiple each game. Playing on Minecraft has become a chore, and winning is becoming less part skill, and more parts "how well can you make macros in Razer Synapse" and "how low is your ping".
^Part one of THREE. For some reason, I'm unable to make it any longer or edit it at all. It doesn't let me post the whole thing.

Please excuse the double post.

And the forums.. That's the part that makes me the saddest.
While the members themselves are still pretty good, the forums can be said to be slowly "dying", bit by bit. At least, the discussional side. There are still plenty of growing clans, random discussions, etc., but we have a lot less interesting, thought-provoking discussions. The ones that we do, are fewer and far in between, unfortunately, and not always MCGamer-related. I miss the days when I could log on and see a new thread by so-and-so about an interest-sparking topic all the time.
Also, because of the worsening in-game conditions, many forumers are leaving, and some who stay don't even play anymore.

MCGamer's #1 Gamemode, the Survival Games, is based off of the Hunger Games trilogy, which is now pretty much over and done with. Three books are out, and two of three movies have been released and the hype has faded. With just one movie left before it becomes no more than something like a distant fad, three of MCGamer's gamemodes, the Survival Games/Quarter Quell/Survival Games Classic, are going to be seeing a drop in numbers of new players, and will have to find other ways to attract players, such as working more on the other gametypes like MCTF2, ZedChase, etc.

I'm sensing an evil glare from my mother that it's time to stop typing now >_>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci