• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to tell a noob when you see one

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
#1way to identify a noob:
They always try to kill as many people as they can with their fists, even when the other people obviously have swords.

#whenwilltheylearn

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
1) What If they had almost nothing? Or let their friend get corn or they wanted a head start on their route?

2) What If they'd just been in a battle? What if the player wanted to lead them to a trap?

3) I always put armor on regardless, it'll give me a better chance in a fist fight, or if someone with a weapons chasing me I can take more hits, I'm not a noob. ;p

4) Wood swords and stone axes... ARE THE SAME! D: < (Unless you block hit, that would mean wood swords are better making your point wrong)

5) What if the player was obviously more experienced? Ie: Elisha_Mutang v 0 win new person who is bad at PvP?

Might want to put more thought in this guide, and also why would you want to know if someone's a noob?

The only noobs in my eyes are people who can't use grammar.
Actually, a stone axe does a half a heart more than a wood sword, making YOUR point wrong. N00b(;

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Here are a couple ways to see a noob when you play the games.

1. Never goes to corn for refill
2. All ways runs toward people with way better stuff with no pvp experience
3. Puts armour on with no sword
4. Uses a wood sword instead of a stone axe
5. Always run away with worse stuff
1. Usually true.
2. sure
3. this depends. I personally always put my armor on. why? Because I get punched to death more than I would like to admit. If I get in a fist fight while I am wearing armor then... I win. And I can usually find a weapon before someone with a weapon sees my armor.
4. I think you need to check your facts
5. I dont even know what this is supposed to mean

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
1. Not always true, if you have leather pants and a wood axe, you wouldn't go for refill either.
2. True, if they have no pvp experience they won't know what to do against higher caliber players.
3. I know veteran players that still do this, it's more of a habit that needs to be broken.
4. LOL! same damage, wood sword can block, stone axe can't. I don't see why this is even on here.
5. Not sure what you're saying here, if they run when their enemy has worse stuff, then yes it's true. But if this is a statement to other players to run with worse stuff, then it is false.

Also, guys, I don't see why people hate on new players so much, when I first found these servers, I didn't care about leaderboards, stats, etc. I just saw the youtubers' videos about the hunger games in minecraft and wanted to play them myself. I was ecstatic when I got sixth in my first game. Not everyone plays for wins and points, a lot, probably a majority of the community plays just to experience the hunger games within minecraft.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Also, guys, I don't see why people hate on new players so much...
I dont think anyone is hating on them. Its all in jest, we know we were all there once. Its almost remember what we did when were new and laughing about it, more than laughing at current players. Well for me anyway

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
1. Not true, sometimes i dont go for refill cuase there is a team or guy wirh better stuff
2. Not true, on breeze island these two people were fighting so i jumped in and when one guy died i picked up his stuff and i killed the other guy (im awesome)
3. Not true, i see good playrs such as macobeast put his armor on but had no weapon and i killed him
4. Not true, wood sword can block
5. Same thing as number 2.

I just proved you wrong bro.

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
1. Not always true, if you have leather pants and a wood axe, you wouldn't go for refill either.
2. True, if they have no pvp experience they won't know what to do against higher caliber players.
3. I know veteran players that still do this, it's more of a habit that needs to be broken.
4. LOL! same damage, wood sword can block, stone axe can't. I don't see why this is even on here.
5. Not sure what you're saying here, if they run when their enemy has worse stuff, then yes it's true. But if this is a statement to other players to run with worse stuff, then it is false.

Also, guys, I don't see why people hate on new players so much, when I first found these servers, I didn't care about leaderboards, stats, etc. I just saw the youtubers' videos about the hunger games in minecraft and wanted to play them myself. I was ecstatic when I got sixth in my first game. Not everyone plays for wins and points, a lot, probably a majority of the community plays just to experience the hunger games within minecraft.
We aren't being mean to new players, we are being mean to "noobs" . New players usually are pretty normal. "noobs" have played for like 5 days but they think they should do dumb things lIke try to punch people to death or point out dumb things like "that guy has armor!" when spectating. There is a different between new and noob.

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
We aren't being mean to new players, we are being mean to "noobs" . New players usually are pretty normal. "noobs" have played for like 5 days but they think they should do dumb things lIke try to punch people to death or point out dumb things like "that guy has armor!" when spectating. There is a different between new and noob.
So that justifies you being rude? I'm not going to turn this forum into a fight just like 90% of the other threads, but everyone has fun in their own way, and if you can't accept that then you're doing yourself an injustice.

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
I dont think anyone is hating on them. Its all in jest, we know we were all there once. Its almost remember what we did when were new and laughing about it, more than laughing at current players. Well for me anyway
I like to make fun of myself looking back on when I was new, but there are people who when they spectate, if a new player says "how do I join a game" the player who has been here before, will answer them in the most nasty way possible. Of course, not everyone does this, but still, it's a recurring thing I've noticed. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci