• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How open are you about what you do online with your parents?

Do your parents know what you do online?

• Total voters

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
My parents definitely know I have internet friends and don't seem to have a problem with it. As long as I don't share any personal information that cold endanger me or anyone, they seem to be fine. However my mom is very protective and probably worries her face off a lot thinking I'm just talking to creepy people in the deep, dark depths of the internet.

Luckily they seemed to get over any major original fears I might have had, I've been pretty active with my online friends for well over a year now and haven't been snatched up by some spooky dude with a white van..!

Honestly, I never really did tell then straight up. All I originally did was Skype with irl friends which gradually turned into people online and eventually most of my MCSG friends were known through the internet!

They do know I'm a staff member as well, I mean my mom heard me celebrating after I had successfully imported my interview, and then proceeded to tell her all about it because of how excited I was. c: KitMencha I don't know if it was easy to tell to you guys, but I was choking up with emotion :3

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
Well, to begin.

My parents do know, thanks to my good for nothing brother. He freaking tells on me for everything, also he told one of his friends, who goes to my school.

They know, they don't approve, my mom heard me talking to BacccaPlaysMC yesterday, and she was like, "wait...! He isn't at school, ask him why! He might be stalking, oh my goodness!!"

That's what it is, they know I could make money, making art, but they won't let me get my own computer and its pissing me off, I've been saving for over a year and have over $1300 for a $700 computer.

Anyway I'm not happy, and Ceroria | XyZebrAbC check Skype.

Dovgan2000

Survivor
Reaction score
UMmm, when my parents ask me what I do I say: "I'm playing A game" Also, with 1600+ games played I should have donor now right?, Well see, my parents wont allow me because they think it's a scam -_-

Dovgan2000

Survivor
Reaction score
Luky
My parents are absolutely fine with what I do. They have even talked to some of my friends (PixelPancake Aipom bobbybarker). They know I have told these people my full name, adress, and such. I brag to them about my VIP rank, winning diamond donor, owning a build team, wrecking max, etc. My dad is also obsessed with video games and plays games like Skyrim, Borderlands, and Fallout just about as much as i'm on here. :p
Lucky

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough that my parents trust that I'm mature enough to make the right decisions about what I do online, and they don't have to know all about what I do in detail. They know I skype/talk on Teamspeak to people from all over the world, but they've finally left the idea that everyone I talk to is 40+ and a complete creep, when these days it's mostly younger people I talk too anyways!

However, they were quite surprised to hear I earn money from graphics and plugins I've sold, and now think more highly of my many hours spent on my computer, as I've taught myself Java and Bukkit and also how to use Photoshop and C4D. So generally, I'm pretty open about what I do online, and generally use the rule 'would my parents want to see me doing this' whenever working online.

Must say duckluv321 , nice thread idea! Quite interesting reading through all these different situations, makes for some good conversation!

GOFORGOLDCROZ

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, my mom thinks I talk to school people and my dad helps pursue my life on the webs.

ThatFuryFellow

Platinum
Reaction score
My parents legit would kill me if they found out I actually talk to people (Non Irl) online. xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci