• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How much do your favourite YouTubers earn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perkins

Platinum
Reaction score
So, some YTers have server owners pay them to play on their server? I had no idea that kind of practice was a thing. o_O Capitalism at its greatest! </sarcasm>

I was always under the assumption these YTers would play on a server just because they found it fun, not because they were being 'rented'. They maintain that illusion well, I'll give them that.

Oh, and copying over the annotation info would have been nice.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
Well, to be honest, although they're very high digits. It's business. I mean, Google pay websites to put adds on them? It's the same thing. I wouldn't personally buy one, but if you want your server to grow, paying big names to advertise them is a good thing.

Unuxon

Career
Reaction score
This is probably stupid but isn't paying a huge youtuber to record videos on your server just the same as paying an athlete to be in a commercial to promote your product? It's just not a big deal IMO.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
This is probably stupid but isn't paying a huge youtuber to record videos on your server just the same as paying an athlete to be in a commercial to promote your product? It's just not a big deal IMO.
This. It's not a big deal at all. As someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, it's NOT that messed up that these guys are making a good amount of money (they don't make as much per year that you all are probably thinking) from playing a video game. To get this large, and then to actually stay relevant for a long time takes a huge amount of dedication to not only your channel, but also to various social media outlets, your subscriber interaction, and lots of other factors. These guys trade a solid social life for this, and at a young age, that's a pretty tough thing to do. I have nothing but respect for the large gaming YouTubers.

Kennyrulez

Diamond
Reaction score
This. It's not a big deal at all. As someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, it's NOT that messed up that these guys are making a good amount of money (they don't make as much per year that you all are probably thinking) from playing a video game. To get this large, and then to actually stay relevant for a long time takes a huge amount of dedication to not only your channel, but also to various social media outlets, your subscriber interaction, and lots of other factors. These guys trade a solid social life for this, and at a young age, that's a pretty tough thing to do. I have nothing but respect for the large gaming YouTubers.
Understandable, they put amazing amounts of time into these videos and I can say that the majority of these do a brilliant job but honestly a 4 digit number is just ridiculous that someone could think they're worth that much for 1 episode on a server. Thats probably 1-3 hours of their life recording and editing that video and they're charging so much for it.

I have enormous amounts of respect for "TechKingGames" because his only charging $30 per episode and a $20 extra bonus! Its a decent amount for his time.

I am extremely hypocritical on this topic though because if anyone was in these YouTubers situations then why wouldnt you take the opportunity to earn these big numbers. I dont believe anyone can say if they were allowed to charge someone $1500 to make a video on their servers they wouldnt take the money.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
These YouTubers are entertainers. They do the same kind of things musicians and comedians do. As much as I don't really like some big YouTubers, I don't think what they do is immoral or stupid.

The estimate for yearly earnings of one of my favorites, Vechs, is between $8.8K and $70K. Since it's his job, I'd guess it's on the higher end.

My other favorite, The Top Cut, doesn't make huge figures, but it's not a job so I'm not surprised.

Last edited:

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
OK, here's my opinion. They deserve the money they receive, on like views and all. They put a lot of work into their content. But having servers pay you to play on it... That's just not right. You play on a server, because you like it, because your subs asked you to try it. Many different ways, but paying over a $1000 for a youtuber to play... I don't like it. I'm also assuming its free to play on each others servers.
-Austin

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Before coming to assumptions, think about this, odds are Server Owners approach Big Youtuber's and offer them money to get their server promoted, not the other way around. Second, you never know if any of these youtubers, when offered money, they actually accept it, some might just offer the promotion for free.
Finally, why does it matter how much money they earn? Its their money, and they use THEIR time of THEIR lives to entretain US, and the dont even charge you for watching them.

Unuxon

Career
Reaction score
OK, here's my opinion. They deserve the money they receive, on like views and all. They put a lot of work into their content. But having servers pay you to play on it... That's just not right. You play on a server, because you like it, because your subs asked you to try it. Many different ways, but paying over a $1000 for a youtuber to play... I don't like it. I'm also assuming its free to play on each others servers.
-Austin
I completely respect your opinion, but whats so wrong about it? Like i said earlier people pay actors, comedians, athletes and what not to be in commercials or to appear at an event to promote something. It's literally the same thing. The server owners want their server to be promoted and a big youtuber playing on your server would bring TONS of people on in most cases. It's not like YTers are stealing money from the server owner this is something they want to do obviously.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I completely respect your opinion, but whats so wrong about it? Like i said earlier people pay actors, comedians, athletes and what not to be in commercials or to appear at an event to promote something. It's literally the same thing. The server owners want their server to be promoted and a big youtuber playing on your server would bring TONS of people on in most cases. It's not like YTers are stealing money from the server owner this is something they want to do obviously.
Add to that, that if a youtuber is actually getting payed for promoting the server, the server owner then agreed to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci