• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hotbar-Organising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
No, no.

You know I am against putting arrows in hotbars as it servers no immediate purpose.
You see, a useful mental skill to have while playing is the ability to see something and remember it. When I get arrows, I quickly take note of how many I have, and remember it. As a result of this, I can put something that will actually actively serve a purpose while I am in a fight. The more flint and steel, the better. Trust me, flint and steel is realistically more useful than arrows when used correctly.

This is due to the fact that flint and steel will deal passive damage to an enemy while arrows deal active damage to an enemy. I can light someone on fire. Afterwards, I can proceed to hack at him with my weapon. By doing this, I am effectively dealing more damage at once. The fire is dealing ongoing passive damage, while my weapon is dealing active damage. With a bow, I can not shoot my enemy and melee attack him at the same time. It just doesn't work like that. :p

Anyhow, my typical hotbar:
Sword | Fishing Rod | Golden Apple | Food | Food | Flint and Steel | Flint and Steel | Flint and Steel | Bow |

Some of you may ask: Why does he have his bow in the last slot?
This is simply because I am only one slot away from my sword. Instead of having it in the third slot, like most, I am only one slot away from both my fishing rod and bow.

Oh my god! I finally found someone like me who puts FnS in their 8th slot, their bow, 9th, and fishing rod 2nd! OMG!

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
No need to say what right and wrong its what works for you.

SpidersFTW

Diamond
Reaction score
I
No, no.

You know I am against putting arrows in hotbars as it servers no immediate purpose.
You see, a useful mental skill to have while playing is the ability to see something and remember it. When I get arrows, I quickly take note of how many I have, and remember it. As a result of this, I can put something that will actually actively serve a purpose while I am in a fight. The more flint and steel, the better. Trust me, flint and steel is realistically more useful than arrows when used correctly.

This is due to the fact that flint and steel will deal passive damage to an enemy while arrows deal active damage to an enemy. I can light someone on fire. Afterwards, I can proceed to hack at him with my weapon. By doing this, I am effectively dealing more damage at once. The fire is dealing ongoing passive damage, while my weapon is dealing active damage. With a bow, I can not shoot my enemy and melee attack him at the same time. It just doesn't work like that. :p

Sword | Fishing Rod | Golden Apple | Food | Food | Flint and Steel | Flint and Steel | Flint and Steel | Bow |

This is simply because I am only one slot away from my sword. Instead of having it in the third slot, like most, I am only one slot away from both my fishing rod and bow.
I can't remember how many arrows I have, I have ADD xD so I kinda have to put them in my 9th spot lol

PeopleliveHQ

Survivor
Reaction score
The best way i have found to arange your inventoring, :
1) Sword (At all times)
2) Bow
3) Fishing pole
4) Golden apples
5) Food
6) food
7) Food
8)Food
8)Arrows
9)FNS

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
1: Sword
2: Bow
3: Fishing rod
4: F&S
5: F&S
6: Golden Apples
7: Golden Carrots
8: High saturation food
9: Arrows

Best setup if you can play with it imho

iVox

Experienced
Reaction score
1.Sword
2.Fishing rod
3.Bow
4.FnS
5.G apps
6.High saturation food
7.Food
8.Food
9.Arrows.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Why put arrows in your hotbar? Waste of a hotbar slot
I can't imagine that you have too many important items that need to be on your hotbar. I will elaborate. There are nine useful things in MCSG: a fishing rod, a bow, fns, sword, enderpearl, 1 food, a cake, golden apples, and a boat.

Two of them must be sponsored to be obtained, so lets rule them out. That leaves you with 7. The only time that it could possibly be beneficial to not have arrows on your hot bar would be if you had 2 extra flint and steels (a legitimate cause). In the case that you have 3 flint and steels, you probably have enough arrows that you don't need to know the exact number, but to say that it is a waste of an inventory slot is inaccurate for most players.

ExKing

Platinum
Reaction score
1: Swordie
2: Bowie
3: Foodie
4: Foodie
5: Foodie
6: Flintie and steelie
7: Flintie and steelie
8: Goldie applie
9: Fishing rodie

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
No, no.

Although I understand your point, I never really have a problem with running out of flint and steels in my hotbar in the first place, and when I do, it's not as big of a deal to go grab one and put in in the proper spot as it is with arrows, due to how uncommon in is and the nature of how/when it's used. Honestly, I can get away with just a golden apple and one other food slot quite easily, and that nets me the same amount of Flint and Steels while still keeping the arrows.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
I used to watch a youtuber named Dragontixan that put his arrows in the 3rd slot or something like that; it made me go nuts everytime.

Punchy_01

Experienced
Reaction score
I have never seen anyone organize the hotbar like i do mine:
3. flint and steel
4. rod
5. sword
6 bow
7 flint and steel.
Rest is food and boats if needed. Even sponsor items :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci