• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hotbar-Organising

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I hope we all know that a Hotbar has to include
- Melee Weapon
- Bow
- Fishing Rod
- Flint and Steel
- Food
- Golden Apples
and sometimes Arrows
Stays just the question where the optimal place for those items is in your hotbar.
I think its obvious that its not handy if sword is 2 fields next to bow and 4 fields away from fns and 6 away from rod.
Like this:

This is because in combat you need to be able to switch your weapons really quick and in general thats easier if the weapons are in near hotbar fields.

Some Guys use Bow or anything else in the first field of their hotbar-field but I really recommend to have your main melee weapon in the first field.
Why? Often experienced PvPers (at least in my friends and me) press "1" instead of scrolling to get on your sword. Of course there are much Guys who dont do this but it has really much advantages (for my friends and me at least).
But this is a different topic. Of course for some Guys is oher organising, like sword on 2 better or on 7 or whatever

My friends and me share those kind of Hotbar organisation:

I recommend the first two the third one isnt that good imo.

But is there a perfect hotbar organising?I really don't know and I think even if there was one I would keep using my current one because I'm used to it ^^Share your hotbar organising and/or your imagination of the perefect hotbar organising :)

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm not that good a player, but I don't use the number 1. I'm pretty efficient at switching slots with the scroll wheel so using number 1 is not necessary.

I normally have a sword, a bow adjacent to it, a flint and steel adjacent on the other side of the sword and the rest food/ more flint and steels. If I have a low amount of arrows, I will replace a piece of food with arrows.

I don't use the fishing rod tactic unless I don't have flint and steel. I personally find flint and steel much more effective than the fishing rod because it is basically a free 4 hearts of damage and hinders others PvP skills. In deathmatch, my hot bar is normally sword, bow, and golden apples, and the rest flint and steel.

Yomega

Career
Reaction score
Mine is none of these, and is really good.
From left to right: Sword Bow FnS FishingRod Empty Arrows Food Food GoldenApples

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm not that good a player, but I don't use the number 1. I'm pretty efficient at switching slots with the scroll wheel so using number 1 is not necessary.

I normally have a sword, a bow adjacent to it, a flint and steel adjacent on the other side of the sword and the rest food/ more flint and steels. If I have a low amount of arrows, I will replace a piece of food with arrows.

I don't use the fishing rod tactic unless I don't have flint and steel. I personally find flint and steel much more effective than the fishing rod because it is basically a free 4 hearts of damage and hinders others PvP skills. In deathmatch, my hot bar is normally sword, bow, and golden apples, and the rest flint and steel.
if you dont wanna "waste" fns rods are handy :D
and usually its easier to set a fishing rod hit than a fns hit

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Why? Normally if your an experienced PvPer you press "1" instead of scrolling to get on your sword. Of course there are much Guys who dont do this but it has really much advantages.
This doesn't make much sense to me. Couldn't you just press "2" if your sword was in the second slot? xD

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Some Guys use Bow or anything else in the first field of their hotbar-field but I really recommend to have your main melee weapon in the first field.
Why? Normally if your an experienced PvPer you press "1" instead of scrolling to get on your sword. Of course there are much Guys who dont do this but it has really much advantages.
I could also argue that is it more optimal to use a key that is closer to my finger.

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I could also argue that is it more optimal to use a key that is closer to my finger.
Yes but for me and my friends the handiest key is 1 (maybe thats just at 14 years old boy the case :p)
And it also depends on the keyboard obviously :)

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes but for me and my friends the handiest key is 1 (maybe thats just at 14 years old boy the case :p)
And it also depends on the keyboard obviously :)
Yeah, you play with your middle finger on the w?

I used to play a game with the same controls as this, had a large bandage on my middle finger and because I was a no life switched to my ring finger on the w and pinkie on the a. Since I play this way slots 3-6 are more convenient to me, so I use them. This allows your middle finger to be quite a bit closer to the numbers than your ring finger is to the other ones. It doesn't make a huge difference and I'm sure that you could say that the 1 button is better, just my 2 cents.

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, you play with your middle finger on the w?

I used to play a game with the same controls as this, had a large bandage on my middle finger and because I was a no life switched to my ring finger on the w and pinkie on the a. Since I play this way slots 3-6 are more convenient to me, so I use them. This allows your middle finger to be quite a bit closer to the numbers than your ring finger is to the other ones. It doesn't make a huge difference and I'm sure that you could say that the 1 button is better, just my 2 cents.
Well I'm just able to hit the "1" button while running / fighting... So youve got an advantage there :D

Cern

Platinum
Reaction score
Since I use numbers and numbers only, this is my hotbar (when I'm doing well)
1. Sword
2. Bow
3 Fishing Rod
4. F&S
5. Golden Apples/F&S
6. Fud/Golden Apples
7. Fud
8. Fud
9. Arrows

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
My hotbar always looks something like this, depending on the map a fishing rod will be in there too around slot 4.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci