• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Help for New Forum People- Idea

L

Lululioness

Well, as you know I am the unofficial 'Official Chad's Wall Spokeswoman' so I deal with problems that people post on Chad's wall (for example, how do i play minecraft is it free, or Pls unban me dood i did nothing i only hcked usin beter sprint mod and thts what benja uses thx luv teh servrs dood bai ') and try to help new people find their way, but to be honest to make the job easier for everyone, I suggest when people join the forums that they get a popup addressing the usual problems such as Please Unban Me, How do I become moderator and I keep getting kicked by a donor etc.

With that, the person must have scrolled to the bottom and ticked 'I have read everything here' and there should also be a verification with a question about the links and everything else on the pop-up to ensure that they have MOST likely read the whole thing.

Now for what would be on it:

The biggest thing I have seen on Chad's wall is Please Unban Me. This link would be at the top saying something like this:

Think You've Been Unfairly Banned and wish to be unbanned?
Click this link: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/ban-disputes.26/

Other things:

How do I play MCSG?
Click this link: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/how-to-join-a-game-and-other-basics-video.27505/

How Do I Become Moderator?
Click this link:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/apply/

And so on for other problems such as Report Abuse, etc.

At the bottom it would say
Any other enquiries? Search the forums with this box (here there would be a picture of the search box). If you then cannot find what you're looking for create a thread in the correct section

(here have a guide for how to do that).

TL;DR:
For every new forum person it would have a little box/pop up thing with FAQs and information and also encourage them to READ THE RULES.

L

Lululioness

I like it! Probably be a good idea to have the rules pop up too. I know when I joined they weren't right there and I didn't get around to finding them till the other day
Ah. Yes we should put a link to the rules :D

AlLuc

Career
Reaction score
Yes! This would stop those annoying threads! You deserve a cookie ( ::: )

L

Lululioness

Yes! This would stop those annoying threads! You deserve a cookie ( ::: )
Yeah :D It would atleast minimise it, and they only thing left to make those stupid threads would be six year olds that skip the instructions to get right to the game haha.

kezzer1995 any thoughts on this? Would like staff's opinion.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Very good idea!
Can't see any downsides to it at all, so I can't see why it shouldn't get implemented.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
The staff have discussed this previously and it has always been a matter of doing it. Many have thought of this idea and this certainly won't be the last thread asking for this :p

I will try and push for this to be implemented as soon as possible and hopefully it will happen :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci