• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Give People A Second Chance to Apply for Mod if they've been Banned for Hacking.

5Life

crafter extraordinaire
Reaction score
It's a big risk, just saying. We can't have mods who stop hackers, who hack.
Can you actually read?
They've said numerous times during this thread that they stopped hacking months and months ago, and they regret hacking, and they should be given a second chance because this happened so long ago and they know they won't do it again. Nobodies saying let all hackers get mod...

Kieee

Diamond
Reaction score
I admit last year I used BSM but I never found out how to use it probely but I still have a fresh ban record for a around 8 months so :D

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
The thing is, people who hack know they're hacking. They know they have an unfair advantage over other players, and they know they're ruining the other players' experience. I agree that players who's accounts were compromised and used for hacking should be considered, although there's no way to prove that the player isn't just using that as an excuse to be pardoned.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Can you actually read?
They've said numerous times during this thread that they stopped hacking months and months ago, and they regret hacking, and they should be given a second chance because this happened so long ago and they know they won't do it again. Nobodies saying let all hackers get mod...
Don't get sassy please. I did read it, even so, how do we know for sure that they won't do it again? We can't take someone's word for it. Players who join our severs are subject to know and understand our rules.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Don't get sassy please. I did read it, even so, how do we know for sure that they won't do it again? We can't take someone's word for it. Players who join our severs are subject to know and understand our rules.
If they haven't hacked for months and months, why, if they got mod, would they suddenly hack again? You're unfairly demonising hackers.

Tryhard_Batman

Diamond
Reaction score
It's simple; if you can't follow the rules, you can't enforce them. Especially hacking, other bans that were for less than 24 hours I believe can be overlooked.

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
No. If you were banned for hacking, it is no "mistake". Sure, you may regret it but you made the decision on purpose, it doesn't matter how long you have been in the community, because if you hacked once, there is still that part in you deep inside for hacking. Even if you did have less than 1o wins, you still broke the rules. Maybe next time you should make brighter choices and not chose to hack. This rule also would be dumb because what if someone got banned for hacking, then left for a year to hack on other servers, came back and applied for mod. The next thing you know he hacks and bans everyone he can. So even if it was a year ago when you hacked, you still did it KNOWING it was against the rules. And don't BS me and say "did you even read the whole thread" because yes, I did.
Who really has the patience to do that....

Papqx

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah I wish I could be a mod, but I've been banned for dumb reasons.
Not going to say the system is dumb, just that I regret my past decisions.

UltimateAFS

Diamond
Reaction score
brandon i have a story even worse than yours.

when 1.7 came out, the practice server i used was still on 1.6, so i downloaded BSM to use only on that server so i could get used to the new sprint mechanics. Then i accidentally joined mcsg with it, getting autobanned for 60 seconds. Of all the ways to be stopped from applying for mod...

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
The thing is, people who hack know they're hacking. They know they have an unfair advantage over other players, and they know they're ruining the other players' experience. I agree that players who's accounts were compromised and used for hacking should be considered, although there's no way to prove that the player isn't just using that as an excuse to be pardoned.
TBH, most hackers don't think of the fact they are " ruining peoples experience " by hacking, they usually hop on different servers and hack and they're not thinking properly of the consequences. When I hacked, I actually was thinking of the players experience, so I never used combat hacks (Forcefield, Aimbot, ect.) because I thought it was quite unfair but of course, my impatient just turned 12 self at the time was stupid and used Water Walk on Breeze Island when people swam for a really long time.
brandon i have a story even worse than yours.

when 1.7 came out, the practice server i used was still on 1.6, so i downloaded BSM to use only on that server so i could get used to the new sprint mechanics. Then i accidentally joined mcsg with it, getting autobanned for 60 seconds. Of all the ways to be stopped from applying for mod...
Maybe you can get a ban exception considering it was only a 1 minute ban?
It's simple; if you can't follow the rules, you can't enforce them. Especially hacking, other bans that were for less than 24 hours I believe can be overlooked.
I have been following the rules ever since I got banned for hacking, except for a couple unfair small bans, for 1.5 years, I have been reporting people throughout the year regularly, I know quite a lot on how the ban system works. I completely disagree with your point.
If they haven't hacked for months and months, why, if they got mod, would they suddenly hack again? You're unfairly demonising hackers.
Agreed, I don't understand why people think you can't enforce the rules after being banned so long ago that you regret doing, and haven't broken the rules ever since.
Now how do you know if someone that applies for Mod who has a clean record, been in the community for a month or less, ( Some mods who have been around for a short amount of time) gets accepted and then starts banning, kicking, hacking, and just overall abusing their powers? Sure, if they get caught they will be demoted and probably banned, but doesn't that apply to someone who has a really old ban record? I mean if someone has a really old ban record and have been actively reporting rule breakers throughout the span of a year, I think they're trustworthy, more trustworthy than some mods who are currently staff right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci