• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

First Person Spectating! (FPSpeccing)

What do you think of my idea?

• Just what MCSG needs! (5/5)

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • I think it's a really good idea! (4/5)

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • It's alright. (3/5)

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I'm not too sure that this would go well. (2/5)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • REALLY bad idea, bro. (1/5)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ok... WHY DID YOU EVEN WASTE YOUR LIFE TYPING THIS!? (0/5)

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
It is definitely possible, I've seen this on many servers and I actually saw a special plugin for it which was around even 3 years ago (I guess it might have stopped being updated, but it's definitely possible).

I agree with Chappy on this one, it should be a public thing but maybe some donor perks.

I definitely support this idea. As long as any issues with blocking arrows and such can be gotten around, I think this should be implemented :)
Would you be able to get in touch with someone like a Developer or Admin and get them to take a look at this thread? I think you'll have a better chance of getting more opinions on my idea. :D

AriSocrates

Diamond
Reaction score
The only way I could see this working would be a tp spam to the person you are spectating, which can lag the server, and it would be fairly choppy in your point of view. I don't think there is any way to do an exact First Person view of another player.

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
The only way I could see this working would be a tp spam to the person you are spectating, which can lag the server, and it would be fairly choppy in your point of view. I don't think there is any way to do an exact First Person view of another player.
Let the develepors work their magic. AND, if it became a problem for the server, it could easily be put as a MOD for Minecraft instead! So no latency, your client would be doing the work! Commands like /hfpspec would still be commands (since they have to be restricted). Still, I guess we'll have to wait and see how much pressure it puts on the servers. ;)

AriSocrates

Diamond
Reaction score
Let the develepors work their magic. AND, if it became a problem for the server, it could easily be put as a MOD for Minecraft instead! So no latency, your client would be doing the work! Commands like /hfpspec would still be commands (since they have to be restricted). Still, I guess we'll have to wait and see how much pressure it puts on the servers. ;)
What I meant was that in the Bukkit API, I do not believe there would be a way to do a perfect 1st person spectating. I could see it becoming a mod, but it could be used much like a damage indicator, giving you an unfair advantage. I love the ideas though.

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
What I meant was that in the Bukkit API, I do not believe there would be a way to do a perfect 1st person spectating. I could see it becoming a mod, but it could be used much like a damage indicator, giving you an unfair advantage. I love the ideas though.
The damage indicator is restricted to a command which only staff members would have permission to use. I don't see how FPSpeccing would give you an advantage over how much health the opponent has without that command. I often estimate how many hearts someone has, depending on their armor points and how many hits. Sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes I guess exactly, and other times I'm not even close.

With Bukkit API, I have seen it being used quite smoothly on other servers, as a plugin. One server had a 'killcam' which stored the players movements and played them back to you to show how you died.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Would you be able to get in touch with someone like a Developer or Admin and get them to take a look at this thread? I think you'll have a better chance of getting more opinions on my idea. :D
They don't like me any more than they like you :p Best chance at getting a high rank person to see this is with a mod showing it to them, and even then chances are they won't check it out for a while. Just let them visit when they want :p

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
I'm intrigued by the idea, so I'm going to ask a developer, just to see if it's possible.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
I'd love this plugin, the only way I think it could be implemented is by getting the target players location, yaw, pitch, world, and teleporting the spectator to them. As there are 20 ticks in once second, it would be like playing MC with 20FPS.

Go, Developers, Gogogo!!!!

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
I've asked a developer about it. It is possible, but unlikely to be implemented as it is very glitchy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci