• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

First Person Spectating! (FPSpeccing)

What do you think of my idea?

• Just what MCSG needs! (5/5)

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • I think it's a really good idea! (4/5)

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • It's alright. (3/5)

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I'm not too sure that this would go well. (2/5)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • REALLY bad idea, bro. (1/5)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ok... WHY DID YOU EVEN WASTE YOUR LIFE TYPING THIS!? (0/5)

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I think this would be a good addition :)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm concerned mainly about the player entity blocking arrows and possibly hampering other game functions.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
Great idea just it'll be very difficult to code something like that

Blockerville

Career
Reaction score
I am fairly confident this wouldn't be too difficult to code, however I can see some issues with lag.

What the server would have to do would be:

Grab tribute's location
Teleport spectator to location

and do that every time the tribute makes a movement. This could be a major hog of server resources, especially if multiple people are doing it per server.

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
I am fairly confident this wouldn't be too difficult to code, however I can see some issues with lag.

What the server would have to do would be:

Grab tribute's location
Teleport spectator to location

and do that every time the tribute makes a movement. This could be a major hog of server resources, especially if multiple people are doing it per server.
Don't forget to grab the player's item number they're holding and spawn it in your own. The difficult part would probably be coding the camera to watch the player with (i.e, looking up and down when the player does).

Blockerville

Career
Reaction score
Don't forget to grab the player's item number they're holding and spawn it in your own. The difficult part would probably be coding the camera to watch the player with (i.e, looking up and down when the player does).
Yeah, true, I forgot that. This could also cause more lag, not to mention problems that would arise if the player were holding a golden apple or ender pearl, etc. What could keep the spectators from using those?

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
Yeah, true, I forgot that. This could also cause more lag, not to mention problems that would arise if the player were holding a golden apple or ender pearl, etc. What could keep the spectators from using those?
What's the point in using them? They're spectators, they can fly around and do whatever the hell they want. And chucking out an item would do the same thing as chucking out an item in Lobby; it would just not spawn.

Or, instead of giving you the item, the server could force your hand completely off the screen, like when someone places a boat and you're a spectator, only thing is this would happen to the point where your hand would be out of your FOV.

Last edited:

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I love the idea, but I doubt it's even possible. I'll have to ask a developer next time I get the chance.
If it's possible to implement without tons of hours of work: YES!
If it's either impossible or would take up too much time: No :c

I really like this idea, as it would be a good way to tell if someone is hacking, and it'll also provide a different way to spectate, which can get boring when you're flying overhead. Although some things that you wouldn't be able to do is tell if they're using ChestFinder or something, as it's only in their client, and the server doesn't know they're using it.
It is definitely possible, I've seen this on many servers and I actually saw a special plugin for it which was around even 3 years ago (I guess it might have stopped being updated, but it's definitely possible).
If this worked maybe this should be a donor perk?
I agree with Chappy on this one, it should be a public thing but maybe some donor perks.

I definitely support this idea. As long as any issues with blocking arrows and such can be gotten around, I think this should be implemented :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci