• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Excavation Zero

Would You Like to See This Map Implemented?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kstorm2

Experienced
Reaction score
Excavation Zero was part of the building contest for Planet Minecraft but didn't place top 3. However I feel like it's similar to Icarus in the sense that it's just a fun map to play on. So hopefully with enough community support it could still be implemented. Here's the link to screen shots and such on the PMC website: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/excavation-zero/

(just a few pictures)

S

ShadowMasterZ

I like the idea, but I'm just not a fan of maps with cornucopias which are really hard to get out of.

kstorm2

Experienced
Reaction score
I like the idea, but I'm just not a fan of maps with cornupcopias which are really hard to get out of.
Yeah I know. But you can't totally disregard a map just because the corn is more difficult than most, Teweran 1 is one of the easiest maps to die in the beginning if you go for the center but it's still a great map.

And btw if you vote "No" to it being implemented at least have the courtesy to say why, shadowmasterz you did but the other vote no didn't.

S

ShadowMasterZ

Yeah I know. But you can't totally disregard a map just because the corn is more difficult than most, Teweran 1 is one of the easiest maps to die in the beginning if you go for the center but it's still a great map.

And btw if you vote "No" to it being implemented at least have the courtesy to say why, shadowmasterz you did but the other vote no didn't.
Teweran 1 is built on even grounds, not lower, nor higher. Sure maybe some of the chests are underwater, but only some. Now another map where the corn is built similar to this one is Rugged Lands.
But unlike this map, Rugged Lands has many ways to escape and paths you can take.

Now don't get me wrong, completely creative idea and well built. Just not the best gameplay in my opinion.

kstorm2

Experienced
Reaction score
Teweran 1 is built on even grounds, not lower, nor higher. Sure maybe some of the chests are underwater, but only some. Now another map where the corn is built similar to this one is Rugged Lands.
But unlike this map, Rugged Lands has many ways to escape and paths you can take.

Now don't get me wrong, completely creative idea and well built. Just not the best gameplay in my opinion.
No I totally get what you mean, it's something I brought up myself when me and aktikon were building it. But honestly we loved the Corn so much that we thought it outweighed the kind of tricky Corn. Seeing as it's a big drill and an artifact, flat ground wouldn't have made a lot of sense. But yeah I get what you mean.

Vulgath

Spectator
Reaction score
Looks really, really good visually, but in terms of gameplay and PvP, it's alright. The Corn is a huge part of the outlook of a map and frankly I think your corn looks pretty badass, but its going to be a pain in that ass to get out of :l. I really like your ideas and your builds, I definitely think its worthy of MCSG, but I'm afraid others will not think the way I do, I wish you look in your future and I hope to see this on the servers soon!

Edit: I'd suggest adding more screenshots, you don't really give us a whole lot to take in.

kstorm2

Experienced
Reaction score
Looks really, really good visually, but in terms of gameplay and PvP, it's alright. The Corn is a huge part of the outlook of a map and frankly I think your corn looks pretty badass, but its going to be a pain in that ass to get out of :l. I really like your ideas and your builds, I definitely think its worthy of MCSG, but I'm afraid others will not think the way I do, I wish you look in your future and I hope to see this on the servers soon!

Edit: I'd suggest adding more screenshots, you don't really give us a whole lot to take in.
Thanks! And yeah if you hit the link there's more screen shots plus a download link. The Corn is tricky but it's not as bad as it seems, there are passages and stuff to get out. You should check it out! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci