• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Donor Only Lobbies

Th1NgY | Will

Quantum
Reaction score
So basically....you want to add some servers that will allow donors to play with a slightly smaller chance of coming across hackers?

I'm pretty sure that each individual server costs a lot of money, buying another handful of them would be kinda costly....

Meh, I vote no. Also, I find this kinda unfair to regular players. I mean, how come only donors get to play with a smaller chance of encountering hackers? It shouldn't be a perk to not come across hackers....it should be available to everyone. And since that obviously can't happen at this point in time, I don't think this idea is very ethical.

(Hey, did I use the word ethical right? It was one of my English vocab words a few weeks ago, I wanna see if I actually learned something xD)
you can't complain they are spending too much as they recently went and added a TON of new servers that we didn't need. This will also mean basically no hackers as I have only seen about 4 donator hacker in my life; compared to the 500 non premium ones. I vote yes and I do hope this gets implemented. This also gives donators another thing to donate for.

Martinioh123

Diamond
Reaction score
So basically....you want to add some servers that will allow donors to play with a slightly smaller chance of coming across hackers?

I'm pretty sure that each individual server costs a lot of money, buying another handful of them would be kinda costly....

Meh, I vote no. Also, I find this kinda unfair to regular players. I mean, how come only donors get to play with a smaller chance of encountering hackers? It shouldn't be a perk to not come across hackers....it should be available to everyone. And since that obviously can't happen at this point in time, I don't think this idea is very ethical.
Not necessary to add new servers, just change the 10 first or so :)

RonnieBond123

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm not a donor, but if this idea was implemented I would really consider becoming one because it's much more likely there will be hardly any hackers.

C0nsole

Diamond
Reaction score
Absolutely! For the moment, the best place to face off with good players in in servers 1-10, but these will contain hackers still. Anyways yes, I believe this is a great idea! I'm all for it.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't like this idea. I don't think it is the solution to the "hacker" problem.
MCGamer shouldn't say "hmm our servers are full of hackers let's make people pay to play hacker-free games."
That defeats the whole "Free-to-play" idea and totally sucks.

Instead, MCGamer should be like "ok, we have hackers but we should do something about it."
And they are; the mods have really stepped up to the challenge and (although I'm not really kept in the loop about this kind of stuff) I know that they have been breaking records for number of hackers banned on a regular basis (Cubes Lively Col_StaR could one of you expand on this please?)

This is a nice idea but is the wrong way to solve a problem.

Reaction score
Okay it might not be the solution for the hackers.. But its always fun and makes the game more challenging, fighting donors since the maturity are good players and are always fun to play against

Martinioh123

Diamond
Reaction score
That defeats the whole "Free-to-play" idea and totally sucks.
We are talking about 10 servers out of 200, I don't see your problem.

Also, since the staff doesn't want to remove the new voting system, I'd rather have donor-lobbies instead of "4 extra votes for the map you want to be played", since it's not really useful anymore.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
We are talking about 10 servers out of 200, I don't see your problem.

Also, since the staff doesn't want to remove the new voting system, I'd rather have donor-lobbies instead of "4 extra votes for the map you want to be played", since it's not really useful anymore.
On my "problem" I'm saying that if the average MCSG player came on and found out that the first 10 servers were donor only, they would probably be annoyed. Plus its kinda pointless to devote money to something that will not fix any problems in the long run.

On the new voting system: The staff don't want to remove it because it adds balance to the game, not to mention the fact that people like the new system. With the old method, a team of 3 or so donors could quite easily just force whatever map they want to be picked. With the new method, the donor teams still get huge sway, but can sometimes not get the map they want, which I think adds another layer to the games and is part of what makes MCSG so unique.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci