• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Donor Only Lobbies

Joey

Staffing Team Lead
Reaction score
I do not like this idea, as donors already get premium access over regular members, so I do not see much of a difference in that aspect. Joining a server, and seeing that there are exclusive servers that you have to pay for, turns many people away, and it ruins many people's sense of enjoyment. I can see why you would want these 'pay to play' servers, but it just isn't sensible, and a vast majority of people would disagree with the idea of it.

Martinioh123

Diamond
Reaction score
On my "problem" I'm saying that if the average MCSG player came on and found out that the first 10 servers were donor only, they would probably be annoyed. Plus its kinda pointless to devote money to something that will not fix any problems in the long run.

On the new voting system: The staff don't want to remove it because it adds balance to the game, not to mention the fact that people like the new system. With the old method, a team of 3 or so donors could quite easily just force whatever map they want to be picked. With the new method, the donor teams still get huge sway, but can sometimes not get the map they want, which I think adds another layer to the games and is part of what makes MCSG so unique.
You need to specify what you mean with the "average" MCSG player before i can reply on that.

On the voting system, I just want to point out that over 60% of the players who voted on the /poll wanted it removed and 35% voted that they liked it. (I don't know what the last option was) and that just talks for itself. Also with the old method, more people got to play the map they wanted to. I can see the problem with donor teams who has more votes than people that doesn't have donor, but in my opinion, it is better to play the map with the 19 votes and 95% instead of the map with that 5% play chance with 1 vote on it.

Thanks for holding it serious and not go all "no you suck my argument is the best" on me. Most people here doesn't know how to hold a discussion :)

Martinioh123

Diamond
Reaction score
I do not like this idea, as donors already get premium access over regular members, so I do not see much of a difference in that aspect. Joining a server, and seeing that there are exclusive servers that you have to pay for, turns many people away, and it ruins many people's sense of enjoyment. I can see why you would want these 'pay to play' servers, but it just isn't sensible, and a vast majority of people would disagree with the idea of it.
The majority of people with donor will agree, and for us that has donated 75 or even 100 dollars, will most likely agree on it. I can tell that you don't have the same perspective on this, since you're a Moderator, and not a normal member or a donator. (You have the same perks as donators, but you have not donated.) But I can see that most people will lose interest when they join a new server and find out that the 10 first servers you need to pay for playing on them. Maybe it will help to move them to 190 to 200? After all, I never see a full lobby there anyways. (I can't say anything on the other networks since I am not playing on them).

We are simply asking for 20 or even 10 servers out of 400 others, (I do not know about AU, since they do not have that many servers.) where the donators doesn't need to think about hackers and where they can have some challenge against other donators.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
Something for everyone to bear in mind, donor or not, is this:

Number of forumers <<<<<< Number of in game players

The majority of players have never been on the forums, hence what I mean by the average player ( Martinioh123 )

The same thing applies to the map voting; although the forum community (made up mostly of donors and people who have been around since 2012) may not all like it, the in-game community may (I really don't know in this case, but as this doesn't really relate to the topic, I won't say anything else on it)

A brilliant thread where all the donators agree with the idea, and all the non-donators disagree.
Much bias. So sarcasm.
Im an iron donor, and I disagree. The reason were some posts above mine, just cant be asked to quote them ;3
I'm a donor and I don't like this idea!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci