• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do you remember when....?

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi all :3

I'm sure that a lot of you have noticed a lot of the changes that MCG has gone through since it was first established back in 2012. The maps, the atmosphere, and the gameplay was a lot different than it is today, which has recently brought back some memories for me.
I created this thread just to get some stories from the community that were here when MCG was MCSG, back in 2012, perhaps early 2013 (Put it before SG5 came out). I'm curious to hear what some of you guys thought about MCSG, or what things you remember about MCSG Classic. I'll kick it off with my memories.

Do you remember when MCG was MCsG?

I joined MCSG back in mid-June of 2012, very shortly after the servers were established.

Back then, there were only two maps: SG1 and SG2. There were only seven servers, all which could hold 24 people.
EVERYONE fought for their lives to get a spot in the servers. They would fill up in as fast as 3 seconds during the busiest times, and you were having a good day if you could get in as a regular user.
There wasn't anything more frustrating than being kicked by a donator as a regular user. The defeat you feel, despite you not even doing anything. That's what inspired me to buy donator.
I was one of the few people that had diamond donator back then. It cost $50 USD and only lasted a month. The day after I got it, I was pushed around saying that I wasted my money, and that all diamond donators wasted their money. (Tbh, back then you could almost agree, as there weren't as many perks as there are now).

If a staff member came on, everyone would freak the heck out. A red name. A dark red name (Admins had dark red names and were not bold yet). They would be bombarded by questions and requests from players, creating a scene of attention. They also got targeted quite often.

People always spectated the games. There would be conversations and bets on who was going to win, and spectating could be just as fun as playing, as that is where I met some of my friends. Even though this doesn't happen as much anymore, MCG still holds the strength it has when it only had seven servers.

Do you remember...

#BLAMECLANK

Do you remember the "old" MCSG? Share your stories!

-Spice

Last edited:

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
i remember playing against arena master and him getting his 10th win against me.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I remember when there was only 25 servers, and you had to constantly keep refreshing your server list until a deathmatch game went to lobby. They filled up in seconds, and if you were in the last 5 or so you would certainly get kicked by a donor.

Dantelius

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hi all :3

I'm sure that a lot of you have noticed a lot of the changes that MCG has gone through since it was first established back in 2012. The maps, the atmosphere, and the gameplay was a lot different than it is today, which has recently brought back some memories for me.
I created this thread just to get some stories from the community that were here when MCG was MCSG, back in 2012, perhaps early 2013 (Put it before SG5 came out). I'm curious to hear what some of you guys thought about MCSG, or what things you remember about MCSG Classic. I'll kick it off with my memories.

Do you remember when MCG was MCsG?

I joined MCSG back in mid-June of 2012, very shortly after the servers were established.

Back then, there were only two maps: SG1 and SG2. There were only seven servers, all which could hold 24 people.
EVERYONE fought for their lives to get a spot in the servers. They would fill up in as fast as 3 seconds during the busiest times, and you were having a good day if you could get in as a regular user.
There wasn't anything more frustrating than being kicked by a donator as a regular user. The defeat you feel, despite you not even doing anything. That's what inspired me to buy donator.
I was one of the few people that had diamond donator back then. It cost $50 USD and only lasted a month. The day after I got it, I was pushed around saying that I wasted my money, and that all diamond donators wasted their money. (Tbh, back then you could almost agree, as there weren't as many perks as there are now).

If a staff member came on, everyone would freak the heck out. A red name. A dark red name (Admins had dark red names and were not bold yet). They would be bombarded by questions and requests from players, creating a scene of attention. They also got targeted quite often.

People always spectated the games. There would be conversations and bets on who was going to win, and spectating could be just as fun as playing, as that is where I met some of my friends. Even though this doesn't happen as much anymore, MCG still holds the strength it has when it only had seven servers.

Do you remember the "old" MCSG? Share your stories!

-Spice
I've seen you on Shotbow/OCTC ;3

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hm, I remember playing SG back as a noob years ago and not knowing anything. There were like, 50 servers I think? I'd always get kicked by a donor; the only way to enter a game was to go to the website and camp until a game opened up. And even then, it was super hard to make it past the first 15-20 mins and survive. (at least for me)

I'm not sure if it was V1, but the only map I remember playing was Sg1. I think I can see a foggy Breeze Island somewhere in my memories too, but I'm not 100% sure. (it's possible that there were other maps, I just don't remember)

You were always around 6 - 6 1/2 armor bars, or at least that's what I got when I felt like I won the game. I considered full chain "stacked" and a diamond sword an instant win. There weren't many strategies that I can remember, or I was too nooby to even learn them in the first place.

But it was fun. Amazingly fun. There's something about those SG days that I LOVED! Idk what it was, I just loved it!
:D

I wasn't here since the first day, nor was I ever amazing at the game. But I've really loved being here, and it's been an amazing stay. <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci