• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Demonsushi's guide to better Flint and Steel

Livsfudge

Survivor
Reaction score
This is really helpful, especially for nooby players like me :D

Though as @TenaciousPony I feel this won't really help people who already know what they are doing.

An extra technique:
Can't you eat or use your bow, and when the person gets close, hotkey to your FNS and it places a block? I can't record but thought I would try to help.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
This is really helpful, especially for nooby players like me :D

Though as @TenaciousPony I feel this won't really help people who already know what they are doing.

An extra technique:
Can't you eat or use your bow, and when the person gets close, hotkey to your FNS and it places a block? I can't record but thought I would try to help.
I'll record and post it when I have a second.

I'll be greedy again, Sean, where are your tips ;)?

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Uploading now, so it should be up tomorrow or tonight. I don't have much as I cant record it in game because I lag to much so I tried to give the best examples I could.

[Edit] Here is the long awaited video with 4 techniques I personal use a lot.

1. The fishing rod FnS: It is hard to see in the video as I cut it out a bit by mistake. Basically what you do in light and FnS behind them and fishing rod them back into it.
  2. The one that has no name: This one is very useful, especially in death-match or when you can cut them off, basically you run on the inside and when you are close enough you light the fire in front of them.
  3. The bow/ eating technique: This one is pretty simple but you have to hotkey for it. While you have the bow pulled/ eating your food you switch to the slot in which your FnS is located and keep hold of your right mouse button and it placed a FnS in front of you.
  4. The last one is NoahSailers unexpected fire: Pretty simple to do, you place a FnS in front of you while running and stop immediately.

I hope this helped :)

Last edited:

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Uploading now, so it should be up tomorrow or tonight. I don't have much as I cant record it in game because I lag to much so I tried to give the best examples I could.

[Edit] Here is the long awaited video with 4 techniques I personal use a lot.

1. The fishing rod FnS: It is hard to see in the video as I cut it out a bit by mistake. Basically what you do in light and FnS behind them and fishing rod them back into it.
  2. The one that has no name: This one is very useful, especially in death-match or when you can cut them off, basically you run on the inside and when you are close enough you light the fire in front of them.
  3. The bow/ eating technique: This one is pretty simple but you have to hotkey for it. While you have the bow pulled/ eating your food you switch to the slot in which your FnS is located and keep hold of your right mouse button and it placed a FnS in front of you.
  4. The last one is NoahSailers unexpected fire: Pretty simple to do, you place a FnS in front of you while running and stop immediately.

I hope this helped :)
When I get home I will add all of these except for number 4 since it is actually already in the guide! :p thank you so much!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci