• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Count to X before X posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
TLDR... JK!!! Will you write a depressing short story for me? Its for lit class?
I was going to do a TL;DR, but then I realized I had 30 seconds to get to class so......

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Just for the quote.
I don't care about threads including spam. I can live without these counting for the total post count. (because they are spam).

But about the other threads, I don't want to lose all those posts in other threads, and yes, I know I'm sounding like an total Feminine Hygene Product bag right now but these posts are legit and I would not like to see them disappear from my tpc.

And yes, I do care about my total post count. (And I mean legit posts with that.)

You might argue that only these threads shouldn't count towards your overall post count, but that would be far too much work for both the develepors and the mods who would have to locate and report these threads. It would be much easier for all involved to have the form games section in general stop counting towards your post count, even though this might mean that slightly less spammy threads do not count towards your post count.
And if that is too much work for others I would like to do that.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't care about threads including spam. I can live without these counting for the total post count. (because they are spam).

But about the other threads, I don't want to lose all those posts in other threads, and yes, I know I'm sounding like an total Feminine Hygene Product bag right now but these posts are legit and I would not like to see them disappear from my tpc.

And yes, I do care about my total post count. (And I mean legit posts with that.)
Well, if all your current posts were kept (as I think should be the case), then that should be fine. I'm not even sure if it's possible to remove all previous forum games posts, and even if it was, I wouldn't want it. So you would still have your same post count, just any future posts in the forum games section wouldn't count towards your overall post count.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Well, if all your current posts were kept (as I think should be the case), then that should be fine. I'm not even sure if it's possible to remove all previous forum games posts, and even if it was, I wouldn't want it. So you would still have your same post count, just any future posts in the forum games section wouldn't count towards your overall post count.
IF they are going to do that I will apply to moderate that section (or multiple sections) and seperate the threads wich contain spam and wich not.

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
Well, we don't need those threads when we have this...

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score

Think of it this way...
If you care about your posts in those "non-spam" threads so much, you also probably care equally about the competition posts in said thread giving them more posts to catch up...

Honestly, I think we can all agree that almost all of the top posters posted often in the forum games section. If all posts in there stopped counting towards post count, you'd still likely have the number one spot, wouldn't you?

To be perfectly honest, I almost never go to the forum games section, because as far as I'm aware, it's all spam. Even if there is non-spam posts in there, nobody cares...when people are looking for active people on the forums who have the top amount of posts, the last thing they want to see is 90% of the posts being in the forum games section. They won't even glance at it, because it's their opinion too that it's almost all spam. Since everyone views it as spam, including lots of forum gamers themselves, it's not really about what truly is spam anymore, it's about what people want to see when they look at the top posters.

It would only benefit you to have all posts in there stop counting. If you are confident you'd still hold number 1 like I believe you said in an earlier post, then don't you want those who look at top posters to see you as an active member of the community instead of a forum gamer? Because as this thread has proven - the majority do not care for the posts in the forum games whatsoever, spam or not.

At this point, you are just arguing to keep your post count as high as possible. The majority is against you, though...as long as the majority sees next to no posts in that section as being legit, there is no reason they should be counted as legit. This is one of those things where the majorities opinion is what needs to happen. No real harm will be done except to those who disagree, and that's when the majority should get what they want - we should aim to make as many people happy as possible without causing too many other issues, shouldn't we? The only issue that will come up really is your post count decreasing, which won't really effect anything at all...

I was about to go into detail about how the voting system in game wouldn't count as an example of the majority not always getting what they want, but I think this post is long enough as it is. :p

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I was about to go into detail about how the voting system in game wouldn't count as an example of the majority not always getting what they want, but I think this post is long enough as it is. :p
I was about to launch into a tirade about that, but now I don't think I will.....

Anyways, G33ke is correct. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci