• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Count to X before X posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikubi

Career
Reaction score
Why dodn't we just disable posts that are posted in the Forum Games section to be added to the post count.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Why dodn't we just disable posts that are posted in the Forum Games section to be added to the post count.
Because not everything is spam. That is why.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot about those riveting religious debates that regularly occur in the Last Reply Wins thread.
Well except for some people most of us just try to have a fun time >.>

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Well except for some people most of us just try to have a fun time >.>
But having a fun time does not equate to relevant and proper posts. I've been arguing that single point in 4 pages now, but you're still trying to go against it.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
But having a fun time does not equate to relevant and proper posts. I've been arguing that single point in 4 pages now, but you're still trying to go against it.
Because I'm arguing over that single point also in 4 pages but you're still convinced about your own opinion. >.>

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Because I'm arguing over that single point also in 4 pages but you're still convinced about your own opinion. >.>
I agree with you Stijn, that not everything in the forum games section is spam (though the majority will be of a lower caliber than that found in other sections of the forum), but the counting threads most definitely are, and they are a primary feature of the forum games section. I don't want these threads to be deleted because they ARE fun, but you have to face the fact that they contain spam.

You might argue that only these threads shouldn't count towards your overall post count, but that would be far too much work for both the develepors and the mods who would have to locate and report these threads. It would be much easier for all involved to have the form games section in general stop counting towards your post count, even though this might mean that slightly less spammy threads do not count towards your post count.

Really though, I have to ask one thing: Why do you care? No one is asking for the removal of forum games, so it wold not be detracting from your enjoyment of the forums, as far as I can see. The only thing that would change would be that posts in the forum games section would not add to your overall post count. I don't really see why this should be an issue, as you don't seem like the person who would cling viciously to their spot on the top posters list. From observing how you comport yourself on the forums, your primary goal seems to be to have a fun time, which could still be easily achieved (it woldn't actually be at all harder than it is now). The forum games will still be there to have fun in, they will just stop counting towards your overall post count and allow for that number to reflect the amount of insightful (or at least more so than currently) posts that the user has made.

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
I agree with you Stijn, that not everything in the forum games section is spam (though the majority will be of a lower caliber than that found in other sections of the forum), but the counting threads most definitely are, and they are a primary feature of the forum games section. I don't want these threads to be deleted because they ARE fun, but you have to face the fact that they contain spam.

You might argue that only these threads shouldn't count towards your overall post count, but that would be far too much work for both the develepors and the mods who would have to locate and report these threads. It would be much easier for all involved to have the form games section in general stop counting towards your post count, even though this might mean that slightly less spammy threads do not count towards your post count.

Really though, I have to ask one thing: Why do you care? No one is asking for the removal of forum games, so it wold not be detracting from your enjoyment of the forums, as far as I can see. The only thing that would change would be that posts in the forum games section would not add to your overall post count. I don't really see why this should be an issue, as you don't seem like the person who would cling viciously to their spot on the top posters list. From observing how you comport yourself on the forums, your primary goal seems to be to have a fun time, which could still be easily achieved (it woldn't actually be at all harder than it is now). The forum games will still be there to have fun in, they will just stop counting towards your overall post count and allow for that number to reflect the amount of insightful (or at least more so than currently) posts that the user has made.
TLDR... JK!!! Will you write a depressing short story for me? Its for lit class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci