• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Count to X before X posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Well do you know why some of these threads are there?
Because it is fun.
And do you know what makes this community fun for me? The forum games.
I do not play survival games a lot anymore but I keep logging in on the forums everyday because I enjoy these threads. Ofcourse as you know I do not post that much anymore on the other sections but that is because I only post when I have something to say and when I think it is useful to say that.

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
I just don't get why anyone actually cares if they are in the "top posters" and if other people cheat to get there.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
KRaidum, I agree entirely. Though I may have been the cause of this post (having just entered the top posters) I do agree with you (though I would like to point out that my first 1000 were in other sections :p) Many posts on these kinds of threads are basically just spam (all of them in fact). It requires no thought or effort of any description to count, yet it accounts for the vast majority of many members' posts. Though I do agree that these threads are fun (especially for messing with friends like the one I made for Tironas), the posts made in them do not reflect at all the poster; anyone could have made those posts.

Your post count, in my opinion, should have meaning. Having 800, 1400, 4000, or any other large number of posts, should not be a sign that you can count well (or a lot, not necessarily well), but rather that you have been incredibly engaged in helping people, discussing the servers, or sharing stories about your time here. As it stands now, anyone could become a top poster with relative ease; being engaged with the servers, the forum, or the community being inessential. All you have to do is count.

I personally think that posts in the forum games section shouldn't count towards your overall posts amount. I'm not calling for the section to be removed, as I love it dearly, but the posts in it have no reason to be included in your total posts. They are relatively meaningless compared to the posts made in the rest of the forums, and your post count should reflect a meaningful contribution to the forums and the community. I have seen this employed on other forums and it worked well: Forum Games were still fun for everyone and many people took part, and you knew the people with large amounts of posts as helpful, active, engaging people as opposed to people who could count. If we instituted this on these forums, I personally think that posts would regain the meaning that they should have, while allowing continued fun for everyone.

TL;DR: I agree with KRadium that posts in the forum games section are really meaningless and that your post count should reflect our engagement in the community and on the forums, not just showing that ou can post. A way to fix this would be to make it so that posts in the forum games section don't count towards your overall post count. Plus a lot f fancy words and filler to live up to my reputation as a poster of long paragraphs :p

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Well do you know why some of these threads are there?
Because it is fun.
And do you know what makes this community fun for me? The forum games.
I do not play survival games a lot anymore but I keep logging in on the forums everyday because I enjoy these threads. Ofcourse as you know I do not post that much anymore on the other sections but that is because I only post when I have something to say and when I think it is useful to say that.
I don't understand how counting is fun?

And Zeno ilu.

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
See, Im suggesting a QUALITY count feature, instead of a QUANTITY count feature... Perhaps "Like Count" instead of "Message count"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci