• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: What if we were to add back exploding podiums?

Would you like if we added exploding podiums into MCSG?

• Yes

Votes: 290 59.4%
  • No

Votes: 198 40.6%

• Total voters

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I knew this voting would somehow turn to an almost 50/50. I guess my predictions are correct. Interesting opinions all!

Bilbo_Banker

Spectator
Reaction score
As long as you give some kind of warning about it IG I dont see how it could fail

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
As long as you give some kind of warning about it IG I dont see how it could fail
If you were there for the april fools thing, almost half of all the players died at the start from this. It didnt even help on breeze. It was terrible.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I knew this voting would somehow turn to an almost 50/50. I guess my predictions are correct. Interesting opinions all!
I wouldn't call it an almost 50/50. Yes has 64 more votes than the other option. That's nearly 20% more.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, still close to it. I predict that it will get closer if the next weekend hits with this on the front page.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
So basically, "Explodiums."
~It would make some players leave.
~It would make some players happy.
~It would make some players lag.
~It would make MCSG more like the Hunger Games.
~It would add an element of the MCSG that is virtually no where else (That I have seen, at least.)

What if...
After being Teleported to the Podiums, there was a System Warning/Broadcast about the "Explodiums," and they would be disabled for a certain amount of time to allow players to let it sink in, in case they were sprinting within the Lobby or anything. Then, perhaps 2-3 seconds before the Timer reaches its conclusion (The point at which players are allowed to run around willy-nilly), the "Explodiums" deactivate? This would make it so that players don't accidentally get blasted sky-high at the start, and can do that little sprinting thingy at the 1-2 second mark for a little head-start?
To deal with the lag issue.... That could be troublesome. Perhaps test it on us69 or any other testing servers Chad and the Staff may have up their sleeve?
**Sudden Idea**
Since it is during DDoS attacks and after Official Minecraft Updates when there are only Dev and Beta (etc.) versions of CraftBukkit (Or whatever it is that MCSG uses), then.... you guys disable the Explodiums? Since it's during those times when there is the most lag I'd say test if on us69, release it to perhaps us/eu/au/ca1-10 or whatever, then if it is successful, bring it to more of the servers. And if it is met negatively or still has issues, then take it down either permanently, temporarily, or just to work on it more and smooth things out!
o_o feel free to quote this and let me know what you think.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The point is that they will kill you.

Now I have another idea. How about it sends you flying and then you land somewhere random on the map, or maybe around the edge of the map, instead of it killing you? That will greatly delay the person on their loot getting but not quite kill them either.
I still think this is a good idea. And I haven't seen if anyone saw it yet :(
Double post, and the same message!!! T_T

Triple Post!!!!
*Mooclan calls in MrTurnip_12 and HalfSquirrel for backup*
Double posts when they are the same message is OK because it's just an accident and a glitch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci