• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Chest only refilling at the center.

Should the chests refill only at the center?

• Yes

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 130 65.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameovergames

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi there, i have some questions:
1. Do you guys are going to make another map from Catching Fire?
2. And there are some holes in the glass on the sides of the map!
3. Are you guys going to let us download the map?
I hope you anwer these questions ;)

01coolwhip

Spectator
Reaction score
I think refilling chests is ok, but Teams are kind of like cheating because they usually always Win, and thats just not fair for every one elce. Minecraft Hunger Games is Awesome!

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah, but you need to get to the middle to GET the diamond sword, and that is next to impossible late in the game if you didnt take it first. I was literally just playing a game when it was down to me and 2 other people that were teamed, the both had full iron and diamond swords. There is NO way that anyone is getting past that by them selves. P.S it never changed hands through many games i just spectated.

matched my ass

Ex. 1, Ex. 2, and Ex. 3
I doubt I can convince you any differently. I still feel like this doesn't give the people in the middle any more advantage than before. And the main point of this is to shorten games from lasting so long. Usually games last 1 hour 30 minutes, with the new change they only last 30 minutes. Which I consider to be more fun since it let's me play more, even if I lose a lot of games I'm still playing a lot more than before.

In all honesty teams are always going to camp the center. The only way to fix this is to remove diamond, which I've advocated for in the past. I just don't think admins are going to do it.

Jack__Attack

Spectator
Reaction score
If the chests only refilled in the middle, the alliance which control it and get the first resupply are, most of the time, going to win. If all the chests around the map had good items which refilled there would be a fairer game for the people who solo. I also think diamonds should be in chests outside of the cornucopia along with more crafting tables which Aeonic said. I also think FoolsPower idea was good too.

CloudCrafter11

Spectator
Reaction score
I like this idea, but I'm going to stick with my opinion of Spectators as Sponsors. I think that gaining items outside of the Cornucopia is still something that should be implemented but, I whole-heartedly agree with staying along the lines of the books/movie.

EDIT: After seeing Jack__Attack's comment, I'm going to have to change my statement. I'd say it would still be fair to not have chest regenerate at all. (In fact that's even more like the real story.

If the chests only refilled in the middle, the alliance which control it and get the first resupply are, most of the time, going to win. If all the chests around the map had good items which refilled there would be a fairer game for the people who solo. I also think diamonds should be in chests outside of the cornucopia along with more crafting tables which Aeonic said. I also think FoolsPower idea was good too.

Eric Mitz

Spectator
Reaction score
I doubt I can convince you any differently. I still feel like this doesn't give the people in the middle any more advantage than before. And the main point of this is to shorten games from lasting so long. Usually games last 1 hour 30 minutes, with the new change they only last 30 minutes. Which I consider to be more fun since it let's me play more, even if I lose a lot of games I'm still playing a lot more than before.

In all honesty teams are always going to camp the center. The only way to fix this is to remove diamond, which I've advocated for in the past. I just don't think admins are going to do it.
Well they should, its way overpowered

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
My vote is still Yes chests in the center should be the only that refill. But with advocation for the following changes:

• Get rid of Diamonds
  • Add enchanted items & potions to puzzles
  • Add more puzzles
  • More crafting tables at land mark locations
  • More ingots/wood/leather dropped rather than full armor/swords

unh20050

Tribute
Reaction score
If you want to promote more interesting battles - this is not the way to do it. There is enough camping at spawn as it is find a way to promote battles in a way that promotes leaving spawn during the day and hunting - an idea I had read a few days prior addressed another issue - there is nothing stopping a person or people from camping spawn once they have decent armor and a sword and it is down to a final group of people. The idea was the addition of MobSpawners underneath the spawn area that are hidden but will spawn mobs in great number at night. Another idea to stop people from camping in a preticular place is the randomized chance of a tree catching fire - an event that could result in the death of a camping player. Lastly (Very Important) - a way to get weapons when not in the corn - Mobs drop items now with a rare chance such as a zombie dropping an iron sword. If it would be possible for a plugin to be made or used - these percentages could be increased in order to make the killing of mobs a way to gain items - or possibly a scenario in which the game detects what was used to kill the mob and grant weapons only if certain methods are not used ( if zombie is killed by iron sword or diamond - do not drop iron sword) . But yes chancing the chest refill mechinisms are not a good idea it is a crucial part of every game and not only promotes camping but makes it much easier to acquire a win doing so. I would suggest re allowing all chests to respawn aswell as take some of these ideas suggested by a thriving community into account.
Sincerely,
Unh20050 :p

ROGY

Tribute
Reaction score
My vote is still Yes chests in the center should be the only that refill. But with advocation for the following changes:

• Get rid of Diamonds
  • Add enchanted items & potions to puzzles
  • Add more puzzles
  • More crafting tables at land mark locations
  • More ingots/wood/leather dropped rather than full armor/swords
I thought you were an advocate of shorter games? These points would make the games go to a day and a half. This definitely is a delicate balance. I like your ideas but I don't think they will be implemented because of the long turn over rate it would cause.

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
I thought you were an advocate of shorter games? These points would make the games go to a day and a half. This definitely is a delicate balance. I like your ideas but I don't think they will be implemented because of the long turn over rate it would cause.
I think they would shorten the games because people would still be going to the center for the chests that get refilled. Another possible way to cut down on time would be to get rid of food in chests, that way you would have to hunt for your meals. They could add a couple wheat fields around that map so this wouldn't be too harsh and possibly even add oak trees so players could obtain apples by breaking leaves.

Edit: I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but it is called the Hunger Games for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci