• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Chest only refilling at the center.

Should the chests refill only at the center?

• Yes

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 130 65.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow so far this has been a 50-50. So people love it or hate it. bigox96, reason why there is no maybe is that we need a solid answer and system once we open as the points and leaderboards will not reset after that point. Tweaking the chests to have a balanced system is very very hard to do and we need more input on the community. Keep sharing your opinions as I will be reading them tonight as we need to come to a conclusion by tomorrow. I actually really love FoolsPower idea because its almost a win win for everything.

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
I think it can just make the game to lopsided. You can no longer win by yourself. You need a team
Not true. It's all about skill and strategy. If your alone your first object should be to get an iron weapon and food, killing as many tributes as possible. After that it's all about making sure you get to the center during the first night to get 2 diamonds. Then you just have to hunt. I just won a game where it was down to me vs a team of 4. They were camping the center, but they didn't go the first night. So I already had a diamond sword. They quickly got two diamond swords, but I went back into the woods gathered food from pigs, chickens, & cows. And tamed about 5 wolves. Then it was just a matter of carefully picking them off one by one.

ALGSA777

Tribute
Reaction score
As of this point i would say no. If there were sponsers i would say yes. Also the whole randomized chest is a bit annoying. Would you have some set chest or maybe dispenser which have enchanted gear or food. Also i agree with walrus you now have to have a team to win. I always have 1 other person with me tho but if this happens more groups of 4 to 6 would start appearing.

Eric Mitz

Spectator
Reaction score
Not true. It's all about skill and strategy. If your alone your first object should be to get an iron weapon and food, killing as many tributes as possible. After that it's all about making sure you get to the center during the first night to get 2 diamonds. Then you just have to hunt. I just won a game where it was down to me vs a team of 4. They were camping the center, but they didn't go the first night. So I already had a diamond sword. They quickly got two diamond swords, but I went back into the woods gathered food from pigs, chickens, & cows. And tamed about 5 wolves. Then it was just a matter of carefully picking them off one by one.
It is true though, once one player dominates the middle, he definitely has a diamond sword by the time you get there, youll need at least a team of 3 to take him down. there is no way you can win if you dont dominate the corn within the first 30 seconds

Botelho31

Spectator
Reaction score
think with me if only chests on middle refill there will be no chance for the non camping and non teaming guys because not everyione wanna team and this gets just in base of who dont die when the game starts so people wont explore taht much and remember not eveione is soo freaking amazing like katniss to take down all the team 1 by 1 so remember NOT EVERYITHING HAS TO BE LIKE IN THE MOVIE

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
I think only big chests like in towers or in puzzles should be refilled along with the center chests

Reactions: Le0

Themagman

Spectator
Reaction score
I really like the idea it makes sence and matches wont take as long.

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
It is true though, once one player dominates the middle, he definitely has a diamond sword by the time you get there, youll need at least a team of 3 to take him down. there is no way you can win if you dont dominate the corn within the first 30 seconds
Not true. You can easily kill a player with a diamond sword by yourself if your good with a bow. You defiantly don't need 3 people to take him down, two people working together easily does it. As for the last statement the cornucopia domination changes hands very easily. It's not hard to take it, it's hard to keep it. Especially now since those are the only chests with items that respawn. The middle will change hands much more often now, just watch some games and you will see this happen.

ThatDamnWalrus

Survivor
Reaction score
Exactly. Before if you dont go to the cornucopia, you can hope to get armour, now better hope your lucky and get some stuff from the few chests you can get, and with a team of 3 who isnt at the corn can maybe have some iron armour. The team of two at the corn will have full iron and diamonds swords. Team of two wins.

Not true. You can easily kill a player with a diamond sword by yourself if your good with a bow. You defiantly don't need 3 people to take him down, two people working together easily does it. As for the last statement the cornucopia domination changes hands very easily. It's not hard to take it, it's hard to keep it. Especially now since those are the only chests with items that respawn. The middle will change hands much more often now, just watch some games and you will see this happen.
its hard to take over if ou dont have the equipment. Wich you wont if the other chests dont refill. I can easily dodge arrows. And you know what you need to take a person out that way? A bow and arrows. 3 -5 arrows wont cut it. And you will be lucky to get more then that on the first day

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
Exactly. Before if you dont go to the cornucopia, you can hope to get armour, now better hope your lucky and get some stuff from the few chests you can get, and with a team of 3 who isnt at the corn can maybe have some iron armour. The team of two at the corn will have full iron and diamonds swords. Team of two wins.
If the team of 3 went to the cornucopia the first night they could easily best the the team of 2 before they were fully geared. The cornucopia is balanced now because everyone is going to want it and it's going to be chaotic. You are going to see games where 3-4 teams are fighting over the cornucopia at once. This also solves the problems with people forming large alliances as there is less gear to go around. So it's smarter to stick by yourself or with just a single other person. This in turn means less ganking and more evenly matched fights.

ThatDamnWalrus

Survivor
Reaction score
If the team of 3 went to the cornucopia the first night they could easily best the the team of 2 before they were fully geared. The cornucopia is balanced now because everyone is going to want it and it's going to be chaotic. You are going to see games where 3-4 teams are fighting over the cornucopia at once. This also solves the problems with people forming large alliances as there is less gear to go around. So it's smarter to stick by yourself or with just a single other person. This in turn means less ganking and more evenly matched fights.
If you at the corn there is easily enough. As i said though. The team of three doesnt tet much gear. Team 3 does. Now there is no hope for two because they dont have another night for chests.

CherryCokee

Survivor
Reaction score
Im going to have to say no, simply because people will camp at the corn and they will just loot it no matter what. This might how ever, might make people try to get back to the corn before dusk. Personally its a love hate relationship, your going to love it, if your the one camping there otherwise not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci