• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Chest only refilling at the center.

Should the chests refill only at the center?

• Yes

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 130 65.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thebrokekiller

Spectator
Reaction score
You don't even have to get rid of diamonds. How often have you found diamonds outside of spawn? I don't know about you, but the only chests I've ever found diamond in were the ones in the middle. If you make diamonds spawn outside of the cornucopia, and add more workbenches (just a few scattered around the map), then that instantly makes the game more even for everyone. Teams aren't the only ones with diamond swords/armor and the solo players are better equipped. If solo players had better swords/armor, they wouldn't hide as much as they do. Many solo players stay near the outskirts of the map to avoid fighting teams that are well armed. If they had just as good of armor/weapons, then they wouldn't be as scared, they'd venture to the middle to find a fight, and that would cause fights to be over sooner while still staying balanced.
That is usually what I do. I spend the first night getting all the chest I can find because I refuse to try going to The mid at the start. On the second night if i have at least some leather armor food and a stone sword ill venture back tot eh main island. Ill savage up some mob kills and more food and make a move in to the corn. If i see a team there im pretty much ALL OF THE BUNNIES because they all have iron armor and iron swords bow and arrows. I have no defense.

jru4298

Spectator
Reaction score
If you want to promote more interesting battles - this is not the way to do it. There is enough camping at spawn as it is find a way to promote battles in a way that promotes leaving spawn during the day and hunting - an idea I had read a few days prior addressed another issue - there is nothing stopping a person or people from camping spawn once they have decent armor and a sword and it is down to a final group of people. The idea was the addition of MobSpawners underneath the spawn area that are hidden but will spawn mobs in great number at night. Another idea to stop people from camping in a preticular place is the randomized chance of a tree catching fire - an event that could result in the death of a camping player. Lastly (Very Important) - a way to get weapons when not in the corn - Mobs drop items now with a rare chance such as a zombie dropping an iron sword. If it would be possible for a plugin to be made or used - these percentages could be increased in order to make the killing of mobs a way to gain items - or possibly a scenario in which the game detects what was used to kill the mob and grant weapons only if certain methods are not used ( if zombie is killed by iron sword or diamond - do not drop iron sword) . But yes chancing the chest refill mechinisms are not a good idea it is a crucial part of every game and not only promotes camping but makes it much easier to acquire a win doing so. I would suggest re allowing all chests to respawn aswell as take some of these ideas suggested by a thriving community into account.
Sincerely,
Unh20050 :p
awesome ideas...I hope they are implemented!

Zionboy

Tribute
Reaction score
First off if the chest's in the center are the only one's refilled the people that camp will be the first to get the items. They will have complete control over the other tributes an the game itself. Yes it'll make more people fight for control of the center so they can actually get some items, but yet it just gives the person/group to much of an advantage making the game really unfair. So please don't make it so only the center get's refilled.

I've got two ways you can go about the situation you've brought up.
-My first way having the chest's at spawn point refill every night like how you already have it set up, but have all the other chest's refill every two nights. To make it more of a challenge completely get rid of diamonds, simply because for the most part when someone actually crafts a diamond sword their pretty tough to kill especially when they have iron armor. I'm speaking through experience 3 rounds in a row I got 2 diamonds an a stick, I left an came back an made a diamond sword an pretty much sweeped through everyone in my way. The chest's at spawn point get rid of stone swords, an iron swords those weapons should be hidden in chest's outside of the circle making people actually leave the circle. In doing so it'll make people fight to get to other chest's to actually get better weapons. However make the center chest's the only chest's to give food.
-My second way is changing the items you find in chest's. The only swords you can find will be wooden. You can find stone swords in chest's outside of the circle, but you must find sticks an iron ingots if you want to make an iron sword. Make leather armor the only armor in the center, limit the iron armor you find in the other chest's in/outside of the circle (never find more then one piece of iron armor when searching in chest's). Again take out diamonds they just make things to easy. The food situation make it so the only food you get is at the starting chest's in the center after that you have to kill animals or find wheat.

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
I think the chest system is fairly balanced already. If the only chests that refill are the ones at the cornucopia, no single player will stand a chance, only those in a team.

I'm not certain as to my opinion towards only weapons spawning in other chests. While it would force people to the cornucopia, the team that holds it will still have an unfair advantage.

If this idea is implemented, to not have any food spawn in the outside chests, then the weapon spawn rate needs to increase. I once hit four chests at the start of a game and didn't get a single sword, leaving me defenseless the first night despite the food and armor I'd stockpiled.

Only the cornucopia chests is not the solution in my opinion, but if the outside chests only spawn weapons and armor than the rate at which weapons especially spawn needs to be increased, and some more crafting tables should be added as well. This way those not holding the cornucopia have a chance to get armed even if they don't get lucky enough to find a sword.

pichu931

Spectator
Reaction score
i think the chests should only refile if someone is 100 or 30 blocks away every night. what do you think​

rhysthegreat123

Spectator
Reaction score
i voted no because what i find hapening a lot is when you are by yourself with no other teammates, there is almost no way to take controll of the center because almost evry time there is a team, meaning that you have to survive off of the smaller less important chests outside the center.

trexs0123

Survivor
Reaction score
Maybe there could be a limit on the outside chests (making good items really rare) and on the inside the other items very common.

Reaction score
Wow so far this has been a 50-50. So people love it or hate it. bigox96, reason why there is no maybe is that we need a solid answer and system once we open as the points and leaderboards will not reset after that point. Tweaking the chests to have a balanced system is very very hard to do and we need more input on the community. Keep sharing your opinions as I will be reading them tonight as we need to come to a conclusion by tomorrow. I actually really love FoolsPower idea because its almost a win win for everything.
I also love foolspowers idead i think you should strongly consider it since it analyzes the psycology in players instead of opinions.

thebrokekiller

Spectator
Reaction score
I think there should be a balance of equally good and bad items and the center and outside of the world. I can understand at the begging of the mad there should not be no iron weapons in the chest it is really OP to the others players.

Mineult

Tribute
Reaction score
I think there should be a balance of equally good and bad items and the center and outside of the world. I can understand at the begging of the mad there should not be no iron weapons in the chest it is really OP to the others players.

No I think we should stick with IRON! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci