• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters

KyleLAB

Survivor
Reaction score
Orrrr.... You could have like 10 servers where it is solo and the players are a clone of your character.

Just a suggestion :D

brandongarate

Platinum
Reaction score
I'n my opinion teaming is not too too bad it's just that seeing 3 or 4 or even 5 teams every game is no fun to deal with...It's mostly clans that have been seen alot on servers lately, so to get to the point, clans should have their own place to play and fight with other clans, and teaming on regular server's should be limited to like 3 or something.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of this idea. Though teams are annoying to deal with, they're something you can deal with. It gives you an extra challenge, and spices up the game. It is frustrating if you run into teams over and over again, but I don't feel like it is in any way something that should be against the rules.

I really don't play solo games any more, so this rule would basically halve the amount of servers I have available to play on, and I know a lot of other players agree that playing with friends is the only thing that still makes this game fun. This rule wouldn't reduce teams, either. It would just funnel them to a specific set of servers, so that in servers where teaming was allowed, you could be facing up to 11 other teams. If I just want to have fun playing with one or two friends, I don't want to have to play a game where literally every other person in the game has a teammate. We have clan battles for that, we don't need it for every single game.

Ultimately, I feel that this proposition would be very popular with people who exclusively play solo, but for those who enjoy teaming with a few friends, it reduces the number of servers they can play on by 50%, and means that they will be facing many, many teams every single game.

Jayotic

Platinum
Reaction score
This could bring MCSG to a way better community without people raging over the amount of teams.
Personally I would like half of the servers to have the rule of no teaming and the other half to have teaming allowed.

MaxsGraphics

Quantum
Reaction score
I do agree with this ChadTheDJ but the only reason why people team is because that's their strategy to win. So if you make separate servers or FFA then there will be no strategy. Also disappearing the names and making them Steve skins won't help cause if their in a skype call they can tell each other where they are at and put an amount of armour on so the teammate knows what he or she looks like. But Yeah this is my opinion :)

Julius345

Platinum
Reaction score
If I just want to have fun playing with one or two friends, I don't want to have to play a game where literally every other person in the game has a teammate.
I don't get your point. If you're teaming, isn't it only fair other people are teaming aswell?

Tbeeb

Survivor
Reaction score
At a glance lets quickly look at the positives and negatives.

Positives:

- More people willing to stream and upload gameplay of MCG as they actually feel like they can have a decent solo game.
- A significant reduction in abuse between rivals and an increase in general "fair play" attitude
- ...I really can't think of another one but hey, alot of people want this

Negatives:

-A colossal increase in report abuses for teaming in servers
-Many players/teams abondanning the server to play else where
- A heavier duty given to moderators
- Misunderstandings in where you can and cannot team, resulting in punishments and unhappy members

I would absolutely love it if this idea took off, but at the moment it isn't practical. The best approach would be in my eyes is to have a set of 5 servers as test servers to see how well this idea really is after being implemented, give this idea time and effort and something will work out which is why I will say yes despite my negatives outweighing the positives :D

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't get your point. If you're teaming, isn't it only fair other people are teaming aswell?
There's a difference between there being other teams in the game and everyone in the game having a team mate.

In the example where I'm in a team with a few friends, the other players of the server have options of taking us out: They can separate us and take 1v1s, bow spam, use flint and steel, or form a team of their own. Though the team will have an advantage, so does a player with full iron and a diamond sword. The game is not meant to be fair, it is meant to reward those who can use everything to their advantage.

The difference I see between that (having 1-3 teams in a game) and these proposed "team servers" is that every game would virtually be a clan battle (especially for EU players, where clan battles are typically 3v3 or 4v4). If one of your teammates dies, you've lost. If you misplay a single fight, you will be cleaned up. All of the issues that teaming has currently will be concentrated and multiplied. So much strategy is required to take out a single team, and now you have to take out 11. To be perfectly honest, the games would suck.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Teaming has been around since the beginning of MCSG, and I doubt that it's going to be removed any time soon. Rather, if that happened, there would be an even larger uproar.

However, with that said, having a place where you can play solo and not have to worry about fighting large teams is something that a lot of people have requested and asked for. Whether it be turning MCSG into a solo-only place, or adding FFA servers, in the past year or so people have been asking for FFA-versions of MCSG.

Most of the points that I can think of at this time have already been brought up and discussed, so I don't feel that there is much left for me to say, except:
I do think this is an interesting and worth-while concept, but there are a few rough details that would have to be worked out, such as how to report people.

CyberSelfi

Experienced
Reaction score
I like how everyone is being nice and be reasonable to each other, and respecting other peoples opinion about this. Such a jump to the forum community to the game community XD

Mayra

Platinum
Reaction score
I could see this happening, but I think 100 servers would be too many. Maybe around 10-20 servers would be somewhat more simple to moderate. It would be hard to get into these servers if you're a non-donor, but it would be a great additional perk for those who already have donor. Also, most of the clans play on the 100+ servers during clan battles, and the FFA would just be a huge inconvenience if there were too many servers dedicated to this.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
While all of us in clans are objective to this idea I don't think we really should have influence in this. There are many people who like to play solo, myself included. The problem with us is you simply just can't play solo anymore, it's not really not an option. This is something that most definitely needs to be added to suit more players interests.

The point that many people are making is the difficulty of moderation. Even if you do make it very clear to people that they are not allowed to team you still can't get the message out to out to our foreign players. I'm sure you may have noticed, but our Japanese players team on a high frequency. They don't deserve to be banned simply for not understanding English.

I have an idea for how this would work: since it is ffa there's no reason for anyone to know who anyone is. For this reason any and all players would be completely anonymous. Perhaps instead of converting some of our existing sg servers you turn this into a new game type. The new game type could be called something silly like the "Incognito games" where everyone's identity is anonymous. This would consist of:

* One sign that brings you into a random incognito game. This way, if people do plan to team, they won't know exactly if they are in the same server, and will have difficulty seeking each other out.
* Disguises for everyone. No one needs to know who anyone is, and they won't. Since you don't have to make a name that looks like any other username, these could even be numbers.
* Complete ignorance of your own name. You don't want people to tell friends their name, so they won't be told their name.
* Disabled chat. This is to disallow people from realizing their identity. They're disabled from asking to team in game. This is also to stop trash talkers for going off in chat simply because people don't know who they are.
* Secluded lobbies. Although a bit of a long shot, we don't want players finding each other in the lobby. "Oh hey, you're UNIT936210!" then "That means you're "DROID8479247!"
* This is also up in the air, but perhaps raise the amount of players teleported to deathmatch. Three is a number that encourages teaming against the most stacked player, not to mention games will run on longer if there are no teams.

I don't know, just my two cents. I can't really see any other way that wouldn't require more moderation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci