• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters

001nathan100

Quantum
Reaction score
001nathan100 I feel it wouldn't as if people team in a highly visible marked server that it is not allowed, we would treat it as the same as a typical rule breaker. Not sure what the punishments would be but again something we would need to look into that would be fair for repeat offenders.
Correct, that's why I am open for this, but it must be really well organised.

Fletch

Career
Reaction score
I like the idea of FFA servers where you can see each other in the lobby and such but when PreGame starts everyone loses there skin and all the names disappear so there is absolutely no teaming. However don't like the idea of where the servers run/act as normal and if a player sees a group of players teaming they gain evidence to report them and have the team punished. The prime reason why this is (and I have seen it happen on other servers) when a group of players are running within a close enough distance of one-another and they don't seem to go into combat, these players are at risk of being unfairly punished. That's my opinion but I would love to read what other people have to say.

N

Nafeynafe

Yes! With all the people complaining about the teams and the community, this would definitely help :eek:

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not very supportive of this idea. Teaming is part of the game, and although it's frustrating to get teamed on, there is no easy solution to getting rid of them. Simply making teaming punishable isn't going to do anything but waste mods' time banning teams, which could be spent dealing with much more severe rule-breakers, like hackers...

001nathan100

Quantum
Reaction score
I like the idea of FFA servers where you can see each other in the lobby and such but when PreGame starts everyone loses there skin and all the names disappear so there is absolutely no teaming. However don't like the idea of where the servers run/act as normal and if a player sees a group of players teaming they gain evidence to report them and have the team punished. The prime reason why this is (and I have seen it happen on other servers) when a group of players are running within a close enough distance of one-another and they don't seem to go into combat, these players are at risk of being unfairly punished. That's my opinion but I would love to read what other people have to say.
That is the thing what will make this difficult to moderate. Because you will have two different stories...

KaelinatorPVP

Tribute
Reaction score
So after my livestream yesterday, some great conversations were started by users asking me questions about the certain policies we have here at MCGamer. One conversation we spend awhile on was the subject of teaming.

Currently this strategy is not against our rules right now in MCSG since we originally opened back in 2012, but we understand that some members would like to play FFA as well in some cases. This post really is to start a dialog and maybe start thinking of ways were we can maybe promote both styles of gameplay on our network. One idea that really stood out to me was having certain servers not allow teaming (example would be server's numbered 100+ would be FFA servers only). I heard other ideas go as far as making everyone's skin to Steve + masking their usernames for an extreme example. These examples are not set in stone but in more of a "what if" status right now.

So what are your opinions on this subject?
yes, I think its a great idea to set clear user names and skins, but make sure you set it as a different quickjoin please.
the only thing is, how are we suppose to record hackers?

S

Sepyz

If this were to happen, separate leaderboards would have to be implemented... think about it.
MCSG is easy without teams, hackers, etc. I actually love fighting against teams, as it's challenging and fun.
People could easily rack up wins through the FFA servers, and I feel like the leaderboards would be a little bit broken for the legitimate players who like the game the way it is.
I don't know, it's just my opinion.

Dexcom

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm not very supportive of this idea. Teaming is part of the game, and although it's frustrating to get teamed on, there is no easy solution to getting rid of them. Simply making teaming punishable isn't going to do anything but waste mods' time banning teams, which could be spent dealing with much more severe rule-breakers, like hackers...
Ik but is getting to the point where if you were to play 3 games you would run into 2 teams and it really takes the fun out /: however I respect your opinion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci