• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community discussion: Making Rekt, Ez, Shrekt, L2P etc. a punishable offence.

Should it be banable? ( Please let us know in the comments why it should be, or not )

• Total voters

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
lol your police officer might of given you false information. I remember having a thing like this in our school, and he never told us anything of the sort when he spoke to us. Maybe its considered "bullying" differently state to state? I don't know. But I don't agree that it has to happen twice for it to be bullying. Teachers say it themselves, that if someone does something to you, to come to them straight away, not "wait til they do it again so they can get away with it the first time possibly".

Lol think of professional sports, smack talking excessively is a penalty in sports. You can do some, but when people take it too far, then its against the rules. I see no difference here. If you just keep it simple and say 1 thing.. no harm. But when people keep going.. saying "gg10, rekt get good at mcsg, you're bad". There is a point where you have to draw a line.

Sports are considered games, with ADULTS and they don't allow over excessive taunting.
Reven, as much as I agree with you, you aren't going to change the minds of children who believe that a 1 hour assembly with a police officer and dictionary definitions supersedes the common sense and respect that you learn (specifically for people) as you grow older.

The kids you're arguing with are likely the same ones who are contributing to the problem, and they'll be the first ones to jump ship when the competitiveness of this community starts affecting them in a negative way.

To reiterate my opinion from earlier: Banning isn't the way to go, and any of these words on their own shouldn't be punishable. It's the people who are making a clear attempt to insult someone and piss them off (the comments that literally take time and thought to type out) that need to be watched a little more carefully. And even then if they're punished, the only thing I could justify it with is a mute because it has nothing to do with how they're PLAYING the game, but how they're socializing with people in chat.

Last edited:

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I am not going to write a long post because I am on my phone and my internet is terrible, in my opinion it should be punishable with reprecutions simmiler to by passing the swear filter. First they would get a kick followed by a mute if continued followed by another mute and for persistent offenders they would be dealt with via a ban, possibly 1 day 3 day 5 day 7 day perm.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Honestly, if you get mad over a BLOCK game, and you aren't an e-sports gamer, just quit the internet. It's not for you. You're right, but you forget, THIS ISN'T REAL LIFE. PEOPLE GO HERE TO GET AWAY FROM REAL LIFE.
am i an e sport gamer

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
waiting for col to make a post to put all other posts to shame.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
waiting for col to make a post to put all other posts to shame.
Nope.
OH ALRIGHT. But later. This whole discussion is so complex that I'd need at least an hour to plot all my points successfully, and I have classes in an hour.

What I will say is that I'm glad that people are continuing the Community Discussion, since I think talking about the issues themselves is very enlightening. Whether we agree with the points or not, we are all better people for seeing the other side's perspective.

Truth be told, I was thinking about holding a round-table discussion on TS about this matter. Might still do that, tbh.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
Nope.
OH ALRIGHT. But later. This whole discussion is so complex that I'd need at least an hour to plot all my points successfully, and I have classes in an hour.

What I will say is that I'm glad that people are continuing the Community Discussion, since I think talking about the issues themselves is very enlightening. Whether we agree with the points or not, we are all better people for seeing the other side's perspective.

Truth be told, I was thinking about holding a round-table discussion on TS about this matter. Might still do that, tbh.
did you just use a shorthand? what is the world coming to...

anyways, the round table ts thing sounds cool because then we'll get some other opinions on this besides just the admins, because tbh they don't play in-game enough to be "offended" by this stuff, so it kinda makes their argument invalid.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Nope.

Col_StaR I would much prefer you have the staff spend their time banning hackers, then people who just say rekt or GG10. However, I do have a big problem with the staff using those terms, even if they are as a joke. It sets a bad example for the rest of the community, and is very unprofessional.

That being said, I do think that there should not be a rule stating that this stuff is bannable. Under some circumstances the staff should be able to give a ban if they feel it is extreme enough.

E

Ephiza

Col_StaR I would much prefer you have the staff spend their time banning hackers, then people who just say rekt or GG10. However, I do have a big problem with the staff using those terms, even if they are as a joke. It sets a bad example for the rest of the community, and is very unprofessional.

That being said, I do think that there should not be a rule stating that this stuff is not bannable. Under some circumstances the staff should be able to give a ban if they feel it is extreme enough.
If a mod bans you for it, it's considered mod abuse. You can report the mod, since Dave said, it's NEVER going to be implemented as a rule.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
If a mod bans you for it, it's considered mod abuse. You can report the mod, since Dave said, it's NEVER going to be implemented as a rule.
Wups, that was a typo on my part. I meant to say bannable, not not bannable. Lol wups! I will fix it.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
This kind of bothers me honestly. You make the point of " It sets a bad example for the rest of the community, and is very unprofessional", in referring to staff saying things like gg10 rekt ez. I personally have not had a staff member say this to me, probably because I am friendly and/or on good terms with most staff members, but, when you say that these staff members shouldn't say it to be a good example, it makes me wonder some things.

If staff shouldn't be saying these things because its setting a bad example, it kind of leads people to think that it is something that shouldnt' be done. It's like your mom telling you not to curse around your little brother or sister because it sets a bad example. You don't try to set a good example, unless you are trying to prevent someone specifc from doing something. My point being is that if staff shouldn't be doing things like this, then really the community shouldn't either. It is considered rude and a bit of harassment for any and all players to say it.

What I do agree with, as I said in another post, is that simple things like gg10 and rekt one time, really isn't room for a ban. It needs to be a bit.. server or you have to have proof of them saying it multiple times in different games and whatnot. If the person continuously keeps trying to provoke you and get a reaction from you, then at that point, you maybe report this person and get them banned or muted, whichever the situation calls for.

Another thing that I find a bit.. rude and a problem, is people who actually make videos making fun of people when they kill them(legit or not legit). An example in my case is a guy made a video of him targeting me off spawn with a sword, killing me, then making a troll video just simply saying I was bad, get good at the game, blah blah etc etc. Things like that deserve a ban. The guy goes straight out of his way to personally insult people who are good. I am not the first or latest person he's done this too.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Idk, This community may even get worse then LoL, ouch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci