• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community discussion: Making Rekt, Ez, Shrekt, L2P etc. a punishable offence.

Should it be banable? ( Please let us know in the comments why it should be, or not )

• Total voters

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Now, this has been a controversial topic for quite some time. A large part of the community want it to be a kickable / banable offence. While the higher rankings are telling them it’ll never be banable to say such things.

First off I’d like to say that I personally do not take offence when someone is “Trash” talking to me after they killed me. I’m writing this for the community. There have been numerous complains about this topic, which eventually lead in offensive comments towards the staff, or just in a big flame wars between the people who want it banned, and the people who are supporting the staff decisions. I came to the decision I’d like to see a change in the rules about this topic to make it an actual banable offence. Not for me, but for the community.

“Technically” it should be against the rules already. Let me quote a few of the rules
Do not antagonize other members or staff members in order to evoke any specific reaction to the point of including up to abusive reactions.
After killing someone, and the proceeding to taunt them by saying “GG10 Rekt L2P Noob eZ” ( I mean with writing “GG10 Rekt L2P Noob eZ”litterally saying that, not only Noob, or only GG10, but as saying the whole sentence when killing someone.) is clearly meant to make them feel bad about the situation, and will often lead in an abusive reaction. I personally don’t see how saying “GG10 Rekt L2P Noob eZ” would NOT be meant to evoke any specific reaction. It’s clearly against the rules to do so, but apparantly it’s not banable. I can’t think of any situation where you would say anything like that in a positive way, it’s always meant to make the other person feel bad.

That leads to the point which make me quote this rules

You may not exploit any loopholes in these rules.
Apparantly you are allowed to “antagonize other members or staff members in order to evoke any specific reaction to the point of including up to abusive reactions.” by trash talking them in this specific way, which is, in my eyes, a loophole in the rules. You are able to bypass the rules, but it’ll still lead into the same reaction.

Now this is my opinion on this topic. I’ll open up a poll for people to vote on if it should be banable or not. This thread will be open for civil discussion about the topic.

Rules for civil discussion
  • Obey the rules. Be nice.
  • Flaming, Trolling, and other hostility will be removed.
  • Please be considerate with your arguments. Aggression only weakens your credibility, so please be courteous.
  • Please consider everyone's perspective as much as you'd like yours.
  • If things get too out of hand, this thread will be locked, please don’t waste the opportunity.
( Copy pasted from Col’s community discussion. )

EDIT

I meant with writing “GG10 Rekt L2P Noob eZ”litterally saying that, not only Noob, or only GG10, but as saying the whole sentence when killing someone.

Last edited:

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I think it definitely needs to be implemented for extreme cases such as following a specific player into multiple games to target them and say 'l2p' 'rekt'. Not for a one off sneaky comment.

Personally, I have been targeted and 'trash talked' on multiple occasions but slowly I have learnt to not react, but instead leave the server and move on, there isn't any point dwelling on the circumstance.

So in the end I would like to see a rule implemented, but only for extremes cases. Not for simple comment's such as 'gg' - commonly misunderstood for either 'good game' or 'get good'.

Kcinayy

Platinum
Reaction score
This should be bannable, Im getting tired of people saying it..

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Now even though Dave said it will never be against the rules, I would like to say something.

Saying "eZ", "rekt", "GG10" or anything of that sort is in a direct way calling somebody bad at MCSG/Minecraft which IS against the rules. Therefore, why isnt it against the rules? I mean, I respect and honor Dave's decision but it seems somewhat hypocritical because he's saying, in a sense, calling someone bad at minecraft isn't against the rules when it is.

Here's my pitch. Saying "eZ" or something once after killing someone should not be bannable, but if said person continues on to provoke a reaction out of someone like saying "eZ wow u suck get rekt, uninstall the game" would be bannable, but the words themselves are not.

Wait...

Maybe that's Dave's point..

Wow I just blew my own mind.

Reaction score
Just because people think "gg and gg10" are abusive, it's their problem. I say it to say it was a good game/ good fight and how many hearts I had. Now for "ez/rekt" it IS a bit abusive but it's not like harassing.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
It should be ban-able, but only for 1 hour or so. Its not that bad, I hate it when people say it to me, especially, when most of the time I have way better stats then them! But its your fault if you get angry because of this. But people being 'mean' and 'rude' to other players, which makes others feel sad, and it does not encourage others to play on the servers, and gives them a bad impression. This is why a lot of the AntVenom players didn't want to come to the MCSG servers. They went on here, then got "GG10 rekt" by others players, these players said such things, and I saw threads on their website saying "Their community is horrible [screenshot], I'm not going on there ONCE again."

These things are bad, and should be punishable, especially since it literally says it in the rules!

I've been playing since beta, and I dont recall people ever saying "1337rekt L2p" or anything even related to that. Occasionly people would say "gg" (And I say that even now) but that is simply complimenting them on their skill, and such words/abbreviations of this should NOT be ban-able, as it is not intending to cause offence of the said 'fallen' player. Things like 'gg10, 2eZ, 2pro4u' starting happening in the middle of the MCSGv2 release, I dont know why, but people started becoming more competitive, and some people find pleasure in making others feel bad. When you think about it, it could be percived as a form of cyper-bullying.

In short- Things that purposely cause offence i.e. 'gg10, rekt, l2p, 2pro4u' should be ban-able, but only for a short amount of time. If possible, if 1 player is seen doing it many times, and possibly flooding chat with it, then they maybe, should even been banned for 2-5 days. Things like 'gg' 'gf' should not be ban-able, as it is complimenting, and it is up to the player on how they handle it.

I know things like this hurt, but it IS life, and we all have to put up with it. ;)

~Otto

okaymatt

Platinum
Reaction score
I just do not understand the fact that I could get banned for calling someone a 'nub' or 'noob' yet someone telling myself to get good, learn to play, saying I got rekt or calling me a scrub is completely acceptable.

Reaction score
It's the clans that made people competitive for sure ;-;
EDIT: Wait, if a block was implemented, people would get kicked and banned for dumb things like joking to friends. I think it should be treated as abuse, and you just go through with what you would do with an abuse report.

Last edited:

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've changed my mind on this, I used to think they should be blocked but they have been on hive and immediately there's been a few ridiculous bans for people calling their friends "nabs" as a joke, stuff like that. It's a bit hard to enforce without accidentally getting some genuine nice players banned.

HOWEVER what needs to happen is that abuse in-game is treated more seriously. A.k.a someone 4 teaming someone and then writing stuff like eZ gg10 etc. should be treated as abuse, since it's clearly trying to ruin someones day. I'm not quite sure how this would be implemented but I think it should happen, because there needs to be some way that abusive people are stopped from doing this.

Cale

Survivor
Reaction score
Now, this has been a controversial topic for quite some time. A large part of the community want it to be a kickable / banable offence. While the higher rankings are telling them it’ll never be banable to say such things.

First off I’d like to say that I personally do not take offence when someone is “Trash” talking to me after they killed me. I’m writing this for the community. There have been numerous complains about this topic, which eventually lead in offensive comments towards the staff, or just in a big flame wars between the people who want it banned, and the people who are supporting the staff decisions. I came to the decision I’d like to see a change in the rules about this topic to make it an actual banable offence. Not for me, but for the community.

“Technically” it should be against the rules already. Let me quote a few of the rules

After killing someone, and the proceeding to taunt them by saying “GG10 Rekt L2P Noob eZ” is clearly meant to make them feel bad about the situation, and will often lead in an abusive reaction. I personally don’t see how saying “GG10 Rekt L2P Noob eZ” would NOT be meant to evoke any specific reaction. It’s clearly against the rules to do so, but apparantly it’s not banable. I can’t think of any situation where you would say anything like that in a positive way, it’s always meant to make the other person feel bad.

That leads to the point which make me quote this rules

Apparantly you are allowed to “antagonize other members or staff members in order to evoke any specific reaction to the point of including up to abusive reactions.” by trash talking them in this specific way, which is, in my eyes, a loophole in the rules. You are able to bypass the rules, but it’ll still lead into the same reaction.

Now this is my opinion on this topic. I’ll open up a poll for people to vote on if it should be banable or not. This thread will be open for civil discussion about the topic.

Rules for civil discussion
  • Obey the rules. Be nice.
  • Flaming, Trolling, and other hostility will be removed.
  • Please be considerate with your arguments. Aggression only weakens your credibility, so please be courteous.
  • Please consider everyone's perspective as much as you'd like yours.
  • If things get too out of hand, this thread will be locked, please don’t waste the opportunity.
( Copy pasted from Col’s community discussion. )
I can already see this being a huge problem even though i'm for the idea I voted against making them banable. As I do dislike when people say this in-game I believe it just adds to the competition that makes mcsg what it is! Some ways I can see this being a problem: People could be joking with there friends in game and saying this stuff to each other and a mod could join not knowing they are just messing around and kick them. Another problem would be if a person earlier in the game is taunting you(i.e. calling you a noob, or saying you are bad) and later on in the game a staff member joins and you kill that person and decide to rub it in their faces, you will be banned/ kicked and the other person will get off scott free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci