• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community discussion: Making Rekt, Ez, Shrekt, L2P etc. a punishable offence.

Should it be banable? ( Please let us know in the comments why it should be, or not )

• Total voters

Tartanian

Experienced
Reaction score
I know it's hard, but I think you should just ignore them. The more you get angry, the more these trolls will be satisfied, but if you don't say anything they'll eventually stop.

Papqx

Diamond
Reaction score
The only time I ever say stuff like this is when I'm with friends and we both know it's a joke. But if someone else screenshotted it, according to these rules, I could still be banned. I don't see how it could be differentiated for when you're talking to friends..

TheOnlyChanse

Diamond
Reaction score
It should be ban-able. All it does is provoke the targetted player making them angry. All of my bans are from talking back to the people that say ez and stuff like that.

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I can see this two ways, one is friends messing around with eachother and stuff and the other is abusive and hurtful towards players...

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
I think they should just be added to the filter. It would resolve of it , if someone bypasses the filter you can get them banned for that c:

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for quite a while, and while my initial stance was, "Ban them!", my opinion has since changed.

Do I think that people should be banned for this? No. Do they deserve a swift punch in the face? Absolutely.

On this network, bans limit your opportunities on this network. And with a topic like this, and using the phrase "gg" as an example, it's difficult to tell from a screenshot whether someone's being sarcastic or not. With phrases like "rekt", are they joking with one of their friends or are they trying to provoke someone? In my opinion, context is everything in these situations, and I find that screenshots either show too little or are purposely taken in a way to show too little.

So if this community decides that this is something that should be punishable, here's what I personally would want:
  • First Offence: 1 week mute
  • Second Offence: 2 week mute
  • Any further offences: 1 month mute
To me, this makes sense. It's not incredibly strict, but it's an annoying enough punishment to deter people from treating each other like absolute garbage.

In my opinion, any punishment for this (if there even is one) should also not affect your ability to join the Staff team; I'd hate to see another case where someone with great potential is denied for something they did a year ago.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Instead of making it bannable, we could block the words using the filter. I'll write a longer response later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci