• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Catching Fire: The Clock

Do you wish to see this map on MCSG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxKissxO

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he broke a record by making the map this quickly though. I give him props for that
The corn has multiple openings, in the back, on the sides, and there are chests on the outside, this map includes a plentiful amount of chests also.....and this map wasn't quickly made, we had to make the biome into it, sure, planting a few saplings wasn't hard but having to build the ground up and then creating the symmetrical panels and wedges, took a good amount of time, so please, if you have comments regarding the map in a humorous or mean way, please keep them to yourselves.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
No. Just no. Only 40 chest for for a 300 radius map? No. Unfair corn where's theres like 10+ chests? No. Terraforming? EWWWW. Buildings? Just about non-existent.

This map basically looks like a plains biome with a lake where someone put a bunch of sand bridges through it, and then spammed a bunch of jungle saplings around the rest of the map.

xxKissxO

Spectator
Reaction score
No. Just no. Only 40 chest for for a 300 radius map? No. Unfair corn where's theres like 10+ chests? No. Terraforming? EWWWW. Buildings? Just about non-existent.

This map basically looks like a plains biome with a lake where someone put a bunch of sand bridges through it, and then spammed a bunch of jungle saplings around the rest of the map.
Honestly I do not know how many chests there are, I'm pretty sure 70+ but I thought that was too many to put unit the forum, the map is pretty fun to play on but im sorry you're not sastified with the map....

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Honestly I do not know how many chests there are, I'm pretty sure 70+ but I thought that was too many to put unit the forum, the map is pretty fun to play on but im sorry you're not sastified with the map....
70 chests over a 300 radius map is still not nearly enough. Try to go for at least 150 for a map that size. Also, like I mentioned before, terraforming is non existent and very vanilla.

xxKissxO

Spectator
Reaction score
70 chests over a 300 radius map is still not nearly enough. Try to go for at least 150 for a map that size. Also, like I mentioned before, terraforming is non existent and very vanilla.
Thanks! I'll be sure to fix that if the map is rejected by the Admins

xxKissxO

Spectator
Reaction score
Another reason that I made this map was because an identical map known as "The Clock" on another server has been stealing alot of MCSG's donors and players because its so cool. So I initially created a map just like it with my team so then maybe MCSG could round up all of those forgotten players. But hopefully the map is good enough.......

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hmmmm i like the idea of the map. It seems like it would look extremely sexy with a hawt texture pack and shaders.

I think it need serious tweaking from a large build team, more than just one person. A lot of effort needs to be put into it to make it look better!! I think you need to work on details!!!

I would like to help, if possible. Just PM me!

xxKissxO

Spectator
Reaction score
Hmmmm i like the idea of the map. It seems like it would look extremely sexy with a hawt texture pack and shaders.

I think it need serious tweaking from a large build team, more than just one person. A lot of effort needs to be put into it to make it look better!! I think you need to work on details!!!

I would like to help, if possible. Just PM me!
Okay, it was made by 3 people, i just dont know how to setup a personal server, so if you can do that, I'll have the thread taken down and we could tweak it!

Kingwolly84

Survivor
Reaction score
I think it needs some work but i like the idea ;) I like to see more sceenshots.

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT
It definitely needs work. This is what I noticed off the bat:
  • You need 200+ chests in your map.
  • Corn is unfair.
  • Does not look like the movie.
  • Looks like a combo of worldpainter and worldedit.
  • Corn should only have 8 chests.
  • Needs large structures.
  • I expect that a map going to be added to MCSG should have over 200 hours of work put into it. I know this sounds like a lot, but I alone have already put over 40 hours into my current map, and that doesn't include the other 4 builders, AND we are not even 10% done. If you want to learn the basics of map making for MCSG, I recommend watching some building tutorials (compatible with your style of build) and then making some test houses and landscapes in SP. OR make a smexy build and join Team Elite.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci