• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Can online friends last forever?

What do you guys think?

• Yes they can (explain why)

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • No (explain why)

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

cf918

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That was actually very poorly written, like all my other posts, I attempt but I fail. :p

To sum it up:

Through:

mortality

distance

time

True friends are Forever.
"The Grass is Always Greener Where You Water It." - Ibearhd

J

District 13
Reaction score
Sadly, I don't believe so because there will be a time when people quit gaming and focus more on school which is totally fine of course, but online friendships all die one day :(

Only exception is #NephiLioner
Nephilim JLioner

V3dock

Experienced
Reaction score
This kinda wants me to make online friends, hoping to find an "Real" friend. A friend I can play more then one game with.

Anyway, I think friendship can last forever, but they are hard to find.

Date

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In life we never lose friends, we only learn who our true ones are.

Sw3t4y_n3rd5

Spectator
Reaction score
Ok lets start here. Online friends, are not real friends, they are a figures of our imagination. The government created "user's" which all online gamers are, we aren't even real human beings. So when the government created us users, he gave us individual traits and assets. For example, i am a minecraft gamer, the government gave me the name Sw3t4y_n3rd5 and im a respectful, loved gamer who thoroughly enjoy long walks on the beach.

Sharkyy

Survivor
Reaction score
My theory is that online friendships last for a very long time because people can feel secure- not worry about getting judged, someone is always there. Whereas in real life people do worry about getting judged and feel insecure, online relationships are ideal for most people. :)

redikus

Experienced
Reaction score
I believe an IRL relationship lasts more than an online relationship, because, basically you can get bored of a game, but you can't get bored of life (or maybe you can, but you don't just leave life). Usually good friends don't get bored of you, they get bored of the game, and just leave, maybe they will join skype/ts to talk to you, but not very often...IRL friends can't do that.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
An online relationship can last forever. It really depends on how you interact though. If all you do is play a specific game with someone, then of course it won't. However, if you just talk with them in general about all sorts of things, or even meet them in real life. It is a possibility.
A majority of online friendships don't last the longest though. It's only some that go the distance.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
An online relationship can last forever. It really depends on how you interact though. If all you do is play a specific game with someone, then of course it won't. However, if you just talk with them in general about all sorts of things, or even meet them in real life. It is a possibility.
A majority of online friendships don't last the longest though. It's only some that go the distance.
This guy knows it. I met JLioner here and fell in love with him, and so did he fall in love with me. If you truly want to be with that person, they won't give up on you and you'll stay in contact with them. Example, Jojo resigning didn't affect our relationship at all, it might even got stronger because of it. It doesn't mean that if you or they quit playing a certain game, that you'll lose them forever. If you truly like / love each other, either as a friend or as something more, you'll stay in touch.

#NephiLioner

JLioner

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
^^^

Im trying my best to keep them alive with these lovely people
TheMangoTiger
Vigilo
Exzone
Ceroria
Nephilim
JLioner
Axanite
Mauro
MisiLica
Alloy
@everyone

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yeah, this has always been one of the things I've been "scared of" I guess you could say. I've met so many awesome people and I don't just want to see pir relationships fade after a year or so. In like four years, I'll want to know what everyone's doing and how things are going, maybe visit some later on in life c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci